NSW 190 - Carpenter 90 (85+5) - Invited and applied

Domo

Hey All,

I lodged my EOI on Dec 2nd, 2020 and was invited on Feb 5th, 2020 then sent my $4,000 to the DHA minutes after. So to all the individuals who have applied and are in a similar situation; has anyone heard from a CO or recieved a grant during the COVID-19 crisis?

I also spoke with my migration agency (DUC from London, UK) and they told me; that a grant is subject for approval within 10-11 months from the day of application at this point in time! Have proccessing times been pushed back as well, because I recall them being 6-8 months on the DHA immigration portal?

Are any of us getting lucky and experiencing direct visa grants or the like - during this COVID-19 crisis - or are we all simply hoping for the best and bracing for impact?

11 hours ago, Domo said:

Hey All,

I lodged my EOI on Dec 2nd, 2020 and was invited on Feb 5th, 2020 then sent my $4,000 to the DHA minutes after. So to all the individuals who have applied and are in a similar situation; has anyone heard from a CO or recieved a grant during the COVID-19 crisis?

I also spoke with my migration agency (DUC from London, UK) and they told me; that a grant is subject for approval within 10-11 months from the day of application at this point in time! Have proccessing times been pushed back as well, because I recall them being 6-8 months on the DHA immigration portal?

Are any of us getting lucky and experiencing direct visa grants or the like - during this COVID-19 crisis - or are we all simply hoping for the best and bracing for impact?

So I got mine granted in December 2019 so not impacted by CV-19 at all, but from my experience and others like it in the past, even in a quick moving process, you probably shouldn't expect to see anything happen until at leats 4 months have passed (this seems to be the minimum processing queue length they are running with).

When I got mine the processing times on the portal ranged from 8-11 months from application lodge date, and we got ours in a little over 5 months; remember the dates shown on the portal are when 90% of applications should have been decided - this means by definition some will take less and some longer it isn't a promise

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

So I got mine granted in December 2019 so not impacted by CV-19 at all, but from my experience and others like it in the past, even in a quick moving process, you probably shouldn't expect to see anything happen until at leats 4 months have passed (this seems to be the minimum processing queue length they are running with).

When I got mine the processing times on the portal ranged from 8-11 months from application lodge date, and we got ours in a little over 5 months; remember the dates shown on the portal are when 90% of applications should have been decided - this means by definition some will take less and some longer it isn't a promise

Yea, the slow down is understandable and good on you for receiving it in 4-5 months, that would be ideal! Were you offshore and moved recently? From what I understand the travel restrictions would be lifted for all PR holders if granted, am I correct in my assumption? Thanks for the speedy reply?

1 hour ago, Domo said:

Yea, the slow down is understandable and good on you for receiving it in 4-5 months, that would be ideal! Were you offshore and moved recently? From what I understand the travel restrictions would be lifted for all PR holders if granted, am I correct in my assumption? Thanks for the speedy reply?

We are offshore, and still in the UK at present.

As the rules stand right now if you have been granted a 190 and can get a flight you will be allowed in (as you have PR). However both Australia and all European home countries are advising not to travel right now unless you have to

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

As the rules stand right now if you have been granted a 190 and can get a flight you will be allowed in (as you have PR). However both Australia and all European home countries are advising not to travel right now unless you have to

I wouldn't want to contemplate migrating at present. Yes Australia would allow entry if the 190 is granted, but then what 2 weeks quarantine in a hotel somewhere, then you'd have to try and carry out all the usual early tasks such as finding somewhere to live, sorting out utilities, buying a car, even buying food, in an unknown country where almost everything is closed. 

Not saying its impossible, but certainly not the easiest start to a new life.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nemesis said:

I wouldn't want to contemplate migrating at present. Yes Australia would allow entry if the 190 is granted, but then what 2 weeks quarantine in a hotel somewhere, then you'd have to try and carry out all the usual early tasks such as finding somewhere to live, sorting out utilities, buying a car, even buying food, in an unknown country where almost everything is closed. 

Good on you for pointing this out.  Yes 2 weeks quarantine shut up in a hotel bedroom for all arrivals.  Surely people can wait until this thing is over.  Hotels, hostels. campsites all closed.  The empty hotel rooms are only being used for overseas arrivals in quarantine.

7 hours ago, Toots said:

Good on you for pointing this out.  Yes 2 weeks quarantine shut up in a hotel bedroom for all arrivals.  Surely people can wait until this thing is over.  Hotels, hostels. campsites all closed.  The empty hotel rooms are only being used for overseas arrivals in quarantine.

I'm sure people can wait it out until this is over (so long as immigration does its bit and is "fluid" with first entry dates) but we were also pointing out the facts that with PR you could travel to AUS (you'd have to quarantine) but with a temporary or provisional you can't

On 14/04/2020 at 11:10, Ausvisitor said:

Ooh, of course!  It's better I stay here in Canada and keep on working, the wait personally works for me to be honest. I was just curious if it was within our rights to travel if granted PR. Starting a new life and job hunting would most likely be a nightmare at this point in time, but knowing it would be within our rights gives me piece of mind.

The £1,000 or a few more isn't much of a big deal at this point, years saving and selling and the already expensive process is a very familiar reality for most of us, at this point. We all get to refine our plans at this junction. 

Thanks for all of your responses, very much appreciated! 

• 1 year later...
On 14/04/2020 at 08:47, Domo said:

Hey All,

Why would you be consulting with a UK migrant agent when you live in Toronto? I don't understand that logic. Being Canadian, just use a migrant agent in Canada. I'm sure there aren't any shortages in Toronto.

Edited by Canada2Australia

50 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Why would you be consulting with a UK migrant agent when you live in Toronto? I don't understand that logic. Being Canadian, just use a migrant agent in Canada. I'm sure there aren't any shortages in Toronto.

It makes no difference where your agent is. 

On 14/04/2020 at 19:43, Nemesis said:

I’m sorry but this is bollox.

I know loads of people in Aus & things are operating enough to be moving!

Buying food? You must be joking!

On a daily basis I am getting emails regarding work opportunities in my trade. Finding somewhere to live & Utilities are done via phone/email.

In response to your post.

We are with the DUC, they have been great.

We submitted our application Dec 12th 2019 !!

So 4 months would of been April, we never had a CO assigned.

Also, luckily we never did our HC & PC’s because I wanted to string the process out due to work commitments (So when the CO was assigned they would of asked for this).
I wanted to ask everyone if they are planning on doing their PC & HC’s anytime soon? In prep for a direct grant? Thoughts?

44 minutes ago, Joe/Rose said:

On a daily basis I am getting emails regarding work opportunities in my trade. Finding somewhere to live & Utilities are done via phone/email.

This thread is quite old. Nemesis wrote that over a year ago when things here in Australia were very different. It certainly wasn’t bollox at the time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe/Rose said:

When this post was made no one knew what the future held and we were in / going into a hard lock down so the info given at the time was quite correct. If the question was asked now, then the answer you quoted would no doubt be totally different.

Cal x

3 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

The agency I went with had a great rate and a good reputation. They charged fixed rates and didn't work on a per hour basis. I didn't want to be hosed by someone milking me for hours. I also have family in Europe, so I made a trip to see everyone when I had to physically be present at my agency. Everything went well and according to plan with my agency. Perhaps I could have found a better and cheaper solution, but either way the DUC certainly got it done.

Edited by Domo

2 hours ago, Joe/Rose said:

When you take the time to tell someone what they’ve said is bollox it’s best to check it’s relevant first.  You’ve responded to a post made a year ago!

1 hour ago, Joe/Rose said:

In response to your post.

We are with the DUC, they have been great.

We submitted our application Dec 12th 2019 !!

So 4 months would of been April, we never had a CO assigned.

Also, luckily we never did our HC & PC’s because I wanted to string the process out due to work commitments (So when the CO was assigned they would of asked for this).
I wanted to ask everyone if they are planning on doing their PC & HC’s anytime soon? In prep for a direct grant? Thoughts?

Hey, I front loaded mine against Jenny's wishes. My HC and PCC expired already, just more money to pay again if the CO asks for new fresh ones. If covid didn't happen, I'd say front loading your HC and PCC would make sense, which is why I did it.

51 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

When you take the time to tell someone what they’ve said is bollox it’s best to check it’s relevant first.  You’ve responded to a post made a year ago!

🤣 My oversight.

Edited by Joe/Rose
  • Like 1

To be honest, I think they will ask for them again, that’s going on other posts.

I’m just wondering whether it’s sensible to do the HC at the earliest opportunity.

41 minutes ago, Domo said:

Hey, I front loaded mine against Jenny's wishes. My HC and PCC expired already, just more money to pay again if the CO asks for new fresh ones. If covid didn't happen, I'd say front loading your HC and PCC would make sense, which is why I did it.

2 minutes ago, Joe/Rose said:

To be honest, I think they will ask for them again, that’s going on other posts.

I’m just wondering whether it’s sensible to do the HC at the earliest opportunity.

I had my HAP ID from a previous WHV, which you will require for a HC. Again, the doctor designated to perform a HC will not be able to complete your medicals without a HAP ID. 

2 hours ago, Joe/Rose said:

I think I will also have my health clearances redone, in the off chance the CO looks at my files within the next 12months. 

48 minutes ago, DukeNinja said:

Don't be in a rush, my friend got her grant at 13 months, original health clearances and pcc were accepted. 

I just spoke with the medical officer earlier today, and they said that they would not be able to proceed with my Health clearance without a newly generated HAP ID. Therefore, I will have to wait for the CO to make a formal request.