UK employer reference format not listing duties IT/ASC

Hi,

I applied for a skills assessment with ASC and had all of my experience marked as "
Not Assessable Due to Insufficient Documentation".
10 years as a software developer and 4 years as an agile coach.

I asked for feedback as I am not using an agent I did this myself (which I regret now)
"An employer reference letter/third party statutory declaration (along with supporting documentation) which details your duties is mandatory for every employment episode for the skills assessment."

In the UK employer references tend to be brief (salary, job title and duration) all of my previous employers said this is the only format they provide this information in.

How do people get around this? Do I need to ask an ex colleague to write a Statutory Declaration in front of a Notary as it really seems like overkill.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

I had exactly the same issue (slightly different career code but same bland references)

What I had to do was talk to ex-colleagues and ex-clients and ask them to provide a more detailed reference.

These need to be witnessed by a solicitor or notary, anything less won't be acceptable.

It's a pain but we've all had to do it, so they aren't singling you out for harsh treatment, it's just the way it works

(Unless you really want to spend a fortune, use a solicitor to notarise the letter and not a notary, a notary will charge the earth, where as a solicitor has to provide the service for a fixed fee (5 quid if I remember correctly). You can't just rock up though you need to phone in advance and get an appointment. Make sure they sign all sheets (and both sides) of the document and if possible apply an office stamp/seal to the paper as well

Edited by Ausvisitor
  • Thanks 1