COVID Visitor Visa Extension

shoebox20

Hi,

My mum is currently visiting on a e600 (3 month) Visa due to expire in May.

Obviously current Chaos means, they cancelled her flight back to the UK, and in all honesty as she is fit and well (even at 70) and we are in Lockdown, I would rather her stay longer - I'm a Citizen and her only child.

I'm about to apply for the Visitor Visa (should have done that in the first place)

Does anyone know how much the 3-6-12 Month prices are?

Thanks in Advance :) Stay safe all

Lisa x

5 hours ago, shoebox20 said:

Hi,

My mum is currently visiting on a e600 (3 month) Visa due to expire in May.

Obviously current Chaos means, they cancelled her flight back to the UK, and in all honesty as she is fit and well (even at 70) and we are in Lockdown, I would rather her stay longer - I'm a Citizen and her only child.

I'm about to apply for the Visitor Visa (should have done that in the first place)

Does anyone know how much the 3-6-12 Month prices are?

Thanks in Advance 🙂 Stay safe all

Lisa x

Do you mean her current visa is a eVisitor (which is a 651)? An onshore 600 costs $345 (or $1,045 if it’s a second onshore application). The length is not relevant to the cost. 

16 hours ago, paulhand said:

Do you mean her current visa is a eVisitor (which is a 651)? An onshore 600 costs $345 (or $1,045 if it’s a second onshore application). The length is not relevant to the cost. 

Yes she is on an evisitor (651) which expires May 22nd, her airline is cancelled all flights for April/May.

She is safer to stay with me, for now, the flights back with alternative airlines are long wait lists and at prices we could never afford.

As I am a citizen I think its fine for her to stay, only as a visitor, until Cathay resume flights.

9 hours ago, shoebox20 said:

She was not able, her airline cancelled all flights through HK, with no alternatives offered. So was not an option (cost or availability wise)

If Cathay has cancelled they will refund. Qatar is still flying to London via Doha. Prices are not ridiculous paricularly if you factor in the cost of visas to stay. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

If Cathay has cancelled they will refund. Qatar is still flying to London via Doha. Prices are not ridiculous paricularly if you factor in the cost of visas to stay. 

That’s right, if the airline cancel you will get a refund. Any issues then your mum could contact her travel insurance which would likely cover it. It would fall under abandonment.