Pregnancy on whv

Beatly

Hi all,

I’m just looking to find anyone who may have first hand experience on transferring from a whv to a partner visa after having a baby. 

my situation is that I arrived pregnant. I did consult with a migration agent prior to arriving as my baby is due before my visa expires. I received the visa months before finding out I was pregnant. 
My partner is Australian and we want our baby here. the main thing that I was reassured is that in my situation is that there are many options and being asked to leave is the least likely as baby will be born Australian and our main goal is to move forward with a partner visa. 

I am just looking to find anyone who may have experience with giving birth on a whv and what happened next if they were in the same position with having an Australian partner who they wanted to file for a partnership visa with once baby arrives. Just wondering if they were asked to apply for different visa in between as the whv is invalid with a dependant or if they were able to apply straight away for the partner visa after birth. 

Thanks in advance for reply’s. 

Hi,  

yes the requirements will be met. As well as having a baby on the way together which in its self I am aware is not enough as plenty of people to go apply are pregnant. 

I was just wondering more about the period of transition between a whv and applying for a partner visa.

was just wondering if anyone had personal experience of this and if they were able to cancel (in our case with an agents assistance) a whv to apply for the partner visa prior to baby arriving or if they waited until the baby arrived( making the whv invalid) and applied for a temporary visa ie visitor visa prior to applying for a partnership. 

As I mentioned in the post we have had profesional input who gave us multiple scenarios and we will be arranging for them to persue them for us but just looking for anyone who may have gone through the same situation?

thank you 

42 minutes ago, Beatly said:

I was just wondering more about the period of transition between a whv and applying for a partner visa.

Just to be clear, there is no transition "between" a whv and applying for a partner visa. You must apply for the partner visa well before the WHV expires, to avoid becoming illegal. 

Once you apply for the partner visa, you will get a bridging visa which will enable you to stay in Australia while your case is considered.

The sooner you apply for the partner visa, the shorter the bridging period will be.

Edited by Marisawright