Do kids have their own Citizenship Application?

martyfenwick

I am a bit confused whether or not, in the ImmiAccount, children should have their own Citizenship Application or if they can be tagged on to one of the parent's applications?

In my ImmiAccount right now I have three (incomplete) applications, one for myself, one for my wife and one for my daughter. I have progressed my application on a bit further and now it is asking for child details under 16 years old.

Does anyone have any experience with this that can confirm?

Many thanks.

On 05/04/2020 at 15:44, martyfenwick said:

I am a bit confused whether or not, in the ImmiAccount, children should have their own Citizenship Application or if they can be tagged on to one of the parent's applications?

In my ImmiAccount right now I have three (incomplete) applications, one for myself, one for my wife and one for my daughter. I have progressed my application on a bit further and now it is asking for child details under 16 years old.

Many thanks.

On 05/04/2020 at 15:44, martyfenwick said:

Many thanks.

I personally found the paper application much easier and I know a few others that started the online process and then went down the paper application route also . A child / children under 16 years is to be included on one of the parents applications online , there is a question where you can tie in your spouse which is simply for ceremony purpose only . If you want to carry on with the online application I would still have a look at the paper application as it has more notes on it as to what they expect from the online questions . 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Laura Zorzi said:

Hi Martyfenwick

You can include a dependent child aged 15 or younger (so under 16) in your application.

Thanks. I’ve done exactly that. The only thing left to do is get the identity forms signed. It’s not the best time in the world to be doing that.

38 minutes ago, Jojoe said:

I personally found the paper application much easier and I know a few others that started the online process and then went down the paper application route also . A child / children under 16 years is to be included on one of the parents applications online , there is a question where you can tie in your spouse which is simply for ceremony purpose only . If you want to carry on with the online application I would still have a look at the paper application as it has more notes on it as to what they expect from the online questions . 

Thanks. Yes, I have completed it and the status is “Awaiting Documents” (identity forms only)

35 minutes ago, martyfenwick said:

Thanks. Yes, I have completed it and the status is “Awaiting Documents” (identity forms only)

Ah once you’ve uploaded them you can sit back and relax for a while . Processing time is quite lengthy at the best of times but well worth waiting for .

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

maybe this question has been asked before, but couldn't find it.

I am going to apply together with my son in not-so-distant-future.
My wife is going to apply later this year (she arrived a few months after me).
Does my wife has to write/sign any special document/letter/authorisation to allow me to include our son in my application ?

Regards
Gregory

Edited by GrzesiekC

On 13/04/2020 at 23:32, Jojoe said:

Ah once you’ve uploaded them you can sit back and relax for a while . Processing time is quite lengthy at the best of times but well worth waiting for .

Yes, I’m not expecting to hear anything for a while. Especially considering the current situation. Any idea on the waiting time to be given an exam date?

12 hours ago, GrzesiekC said:

Hi all,

maybe this question has been asked before, but couldn't find it.

I am going to apply together with my son in not-so-distant-future.
My wife is going to apply later this year (she arrived a few months after me).
Does my wife has to write/sign any special document/letter/authorisation to allow me to include our son in my application ?

Regards
Gregory

No, I don’t think so. I do remember a question about - do you have a child applying on another application so your wife would presumably answer yes to that. The best thing to do is start the application and see what you have to provide. You can save it and resume where you left off anyway.

• 1 year later...