You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Tien1993

Rsms Covid 19 Stood down time will be counted or not ?

Does anyone know if we have been stood down from a job ( not laid off or made redundant) . The time we spend waiting, say 6 months or so to go back to the job when it reopen for business, does this time will be counted towards our 2 year obligation? I'm confused because we haven't broken the service with our employers but at the same time not getting paid ( unpaid leave ) 😕

19 hours ago, Tien1993 said:

Does anyone know if we have been stood down from a job ( not laid off or made redundant) . The time we spend waiting, say 6 months or so to go back to the job when it reopen for business, does this time will be counted towards our 2 year obligation? I'm confused because we haven't broken the service with our employers but at the same time not getting paid ( unpaid leave ) 😕

Hi Tien, I was in the same situation, My company got shut down all of a sudden and I lost my job. I contacted the visa officer to check my situation. I am on my RSMS-187 visa. They replied back saying my visa is not affected and I can search job in any part of Australia due to COVID-19. It depends on the situation. Please contact them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Same here, Have no job since Feb. Now, I did get money from jobseeker but I'm worry it might effect on my PR. Because the system put me to find a new job. I don't know what to do.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2020 at 14:39, DK417 said:

Same here, Have no job since Feb. Now, I did get money from jobseeker but I'm worry it might effect on my PR. Because the system put me to find a new job. I don't know what to do.

Hi. I'm not 100% sure and even my agent doesn't have a clear answer for this but he reassured me that it won't affect my 187 visa because this situation is out of our control. And from Centrelink, as far as I know if you can prove to them that you are currently still employed and only being temporarily stood down and will soon be return to your full time job then they will waive any job plans, interviews and mutual obligations for jobseekers during this time. If you can provide a letter from your employer, it will be helpful and maybe show them the conditions attached to your visa as well.Hope this helps !! 😊

Edited by Tien1993