waiting for outcome of 143 visa while holding 870

Fcis999

Hi All,

I have applied for 143 for my family in Dec 2016 and then recently applied for the temp 870 visa and got it. Will that affect my outcome for the 143 visa ? as I am still waiting and I find it confusing.

It mentions here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-parent-143 that "not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa". Not sure if that gonna apply on my parents in that case or not?

Any help please?

41 minutes ago, Fcis999 said:

Hi All,

I have applied for 143 for my family in Dec 2016 and then recently applied for the temp 870 visa and got it. Will that affect my outcome for the 143 visa ? as I am still waiting and I find it confusing.

It mentions here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-parent-143 that "not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa". Not sure if that gonna apply on my parents in that case or not?

Any help please?

Hi

You are fine. As long as you applied for the 143 first( as you have) you can then get an 870, but not the other way round. Meaning you can’t get a 870 first then apply for a 143. We are in the same position applied for 143 in March 2016 then got a 3 year 870 last October. We supplied our AOS inFebruary which was accepted then came lockdown. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bigtrev said:

Hi

You are fine. As long as you applied for the 143 first( as you have) you can then get an 870, but not the other way round. Meaning you can’t get a 870 first then apply for a 143. We are in the same position applied for 143 in March 2016 then got a 3 year 870 last October. We supplied our AOS inFebruary which was accepted then came lockdown. Hope this helps.

One more question, can they get it while they are onshore? Is contacting you for the AOS is the first step after applying? what is the following steps?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Fcis999 said:

One more question, can they get it while they are onshore? Is contacting you for the AOS is the first step after applying? what is the following steps?

Thanks

The AOS is the final thing they ask for before the final payment . This took my son a few days to organise as he had to visit centre link and the Commonwealth Bank. It was a couple of weeks after that that we got our AOS approval. We are on shore but would need to be offshore when the 143 is granted. The finalisation of our visa has been delayed until we can travel to trigger the 143. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Ann.J said:

Just curious as to how long you're expected to remain offshore? Are we talking days, weeks or months?

Thanks.

You can go to the nearest international airport  outside of AU and be back the next day. It's all about going through immigration in AU really to get your visa validated.

22 hours ago, Arti said:

You can go to the nearest international airport  outside of AU and be back the next day. It's all about going through immigration in AU really to get your visa validated.

This is not the case ... if the visa needs to be granted offshore, you need to be offshore for the grant to happen. If you are lucky that may be whilst you’re on the flight but don’t count on it. I’d always recommend giving them a week or so. It’s nothing to do with returning to ‘validate the visa’. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

This is not the case ... if the visa needs to be granted offshore, you need to be offshore for the grant to happen. If you are lucky that may be whilst you’re on the flight but don’t count on it. I’d always recommend giving them a week or so. It’s nothing to do with returning to ‘validate the visa’. 

Ah right. Thank you for the correction.

On 13/05/2020 at 16:33, Arti said:

On 14/05/2020 at 15:01, paulhand said:

Thank you both for replying. A week is perfect for a little holiday!