Question about citizenship application - field inputs and if document translation is required for a particular scenario ?

Sigemup

Hi Guys,

I have a some questions regarding the application:

1. In many pages in the app such as identity document page - there is a field called "Document reference number" that needs to be input. Is the input for this the document number or the registration number on document ? (Note there is no separate field for both numbers in the application - so not sure which I need to input). To clarify further, the document itself has like the licence which has a card number and a licence number - the question is which one should I put (the equivalent of the card number or the equivalent of the licence number) - I am assuming the licence number equivalent ? 

2. The Birth certificate I have has both English and another language for every line / information in the birth certificate. So I assume no translation is required as English is already there. However, the seal under the official signature on the birth certificate is not in English (This is the typical blue official seal). That is the only part not in English. Should the document be translated given all printed information has English as well ? Also, if it is required to be translated, I assume it would NAATI, if so how do I get it done now ? 

Thank you

7 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Put the number that is individual to you.  Also what did you use for PR? If the birth certificate was OK for that then it will be OK for Citizenship. 

Thank you Rammy Girl ! 

For the PR, the birth certificate was not uploaded bj me.

However, for the RRV, I uploaded the birth certificate and it was ok (the birth certificate was uploaded as I used initials in some documents for surname as it is very long. It required document for change of name. I uploaded birth certificate and a couple of other identity documents showing both versions of the name and stated it was not a change of name, but simply a preferred version of the name.)

Hi Friend,

I will be eligible for AU Citizenship this month end. I have started filling application online. I have the Same problem. Initials expansion as Surname. 

Eg: As per Indian documents except Aadhar card my name is J K Rahul

As per passport(Indian) and Australian documents My name is Rahul Jayaraman Kalpana . My Birth certificate is not in English(Tamil) so i have translated using AU registered translators in English by providing the Scanned copy of my Original DOB Certificate. While providing documents for Citizenship interview. Do i need to submit the Original one in other language and translated one or the Translated one is enough?