message other members

..and much much more!

bunbury61

5G - Loads of stuff coming on line

17 hours ago, Bulya said:

And the Earth’s flat eh?

If you think it is that’s your call, personally I think it’s a sphere 

On 04/04/2020 at 04:21, Rallyman said:

Yes my thoughts as well, no smoke without fire as the saying goes. 

When I was a construction manager I would get up to 60 calls a day on my mobile, had some serious headaches as soon as I stopped doing job no headaches 

That's nothing to do with 5G though. In the 90's I worked for a mobile comms company who were supplying analogue mobile systems to Telstra here, Vanuatu, Fiji, Solomon Islands, PNG. We had a doctor of physics who worked for us who had been studying and worried about the pulsing affect of digital mobiles for years. He used to give lectures about the dangers, mostly trying to keep people on analogue to help the company. As far as he was concerned it's much safer than digital transmission. 

Forecasts years ago were for people using mobiles a lot to maybe have more brain or other tumours in the future. There were also protests galore when mobile masts went up anywhere, especially near schools. 5G is just higher frequency, higher power. People are always suspicious of new technology but they soon forget it as soon as they realise that it will give them faster connection, especially youngsters.

I've always been careful about how much I use my mobile. The transmitter is like a small microwave oven, right next to your brain. Allbeit very low power but the pulsing affect is the worrying thing.

There might be something to worry about with any type of radio transmission but unless you are very close to the transmitter I don't think 5G is going to be any worse than previous technology.

Try getting people not to use their mobile as much. Leave it at home at times, only use it when you really have to. They would look at you as if you'd lost your mind. People have tem attached these days. You see people walking, riding a bike even, looking at their phone. They can't leave them alone.

I still leave my mobile at home a lot of the time. People moan that they ring me and I never answer. When I was away on work trips I used to leave it in my hotel room. No calls during dinner, nobody checking where I was, what I was doing. 

My workmates couldn't believe how I got away with it as they said if their wife or husband rang and they didn't answer they were in trouble.

I've never let the technology rule my life and I still think there could be a serious rise in brain tumours and other tumours in years to come. Remember, even when the phones in your pocket it's still transmitting and receiving, just to stay on the network.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2020 at 21:01, bunbury61 said:

In the inner city areas of birmingham , they have started burning the masts down already .

Word has gone out , rightly or wrongly that there is a connection between 5g and coronavirus .

See boxer Amir's Khan's comments 

Inner City Birmingham and comments from a boxer. Must be spmething to worry about then.😂.

Probably bored Aston Villa fans.

On 06/04/2020 at 14:01, bunbury61 said:

In the inner city areas of birmingham , they have started burning the masts down already .

Word has gone out , rightly or wrongly that there is a connection between 5g and coronavirus .

See boxer Amir's Khan's comments 

Trump could have written that sentence. I'm starting to see why you like him so much.

On 05/04/2020 at 08:37, Rallyman said:

What’s funny PB ? 

how do you know your headaches were phone related? there is no evidence from actual waves but from to long concentrating on a phone, the waves do not cause the headaches. If you spend a long time on a phone for say work it can cause headaches, normal phone usage will not cause headaches.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

7 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Inner City Birmingham and comments from a boxer. Must be spmething to worry about then.😂.

Probably bored Aston Villa fans.

Well we do own the city mate...

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

how do you know your headaches were phone related? there is no evidence from actual waves but from to long concentrating on a phone, the waves do not cause the headaches. If you spend a long time on a phone for say work it can cause headaches, normal phone usage will not cause headaches.

Ok if you say so, as soon as I resigned from job and stopped using phone no headaches all a bit coincidental,

Thats my experience 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

That's nothing to do with 5G though. In the 90's I worked for a mobile comms company who were supplying analogue mobile systems to Telstra here, Vanuatu, Fiji, Solomon Islands, PNG. We had a doctor of physics who worked for us who had been studying and worried about the pulsing affect of digital mobiles for years. He used to give lectures about the dangers, mostly trying to keep people on analogue to help the company. As far as he was concerned it's much safer than digital transmission. 

Forecasts years ago were for people using mobiles a lot to maybe have more brain or other tumours in the future. There were also protests galore when mobile masts went up anywhere, especially near schools. 5G is just higher frequency, higher power. People are always suspicious of new technology but they soon forget it as soon as they realise that it will give them faster connection, especially youngsters.

I've always been careful about how much I use my mobile. The transmitter is like a small microwave oven, right next to your brain. Allbeit very low power but the pulsing affect is the worrying thing.

There might be something to worry about with any type of radio transmission but unless you are very close to the transmitter I don't think 5G is going to be any worse than previous technology.

Try getting people not to use their mobile as much. Leave it at home at times, only use it when you really have to. They would look at you as if you'd lost your mind. People have tem attached these days. You see people walking, riding a bike even, looking at their phone. They can't leave them alone.

I still leave my mobile at home a lot of the time. People moan that they ring me and I never answer. When I was away on work trips I used to leave it in my hotel room. No calls during dinner, nobody checking where I was, what I was doing. 

My workmates couldn't believe how I got away with it as they said if their wife or husband rang and they didn't answer they were in trouble.

I've never let the technology rule my life and I still think there could be a serious rise in brain tumours and other tumours in years to come. Remember, even when the phones in your pocket it's still transmitting and receiving, just to stay on the network.

Never said it was paul just stating about headaches  I used to get when doing a job with high phone usage, maybe coincidental they stopped with in days of packing that job in. 
with how society relies on mobile phones today I doubt any risks would ever be made known , the world would come to a stop 

• Like 2

In the early days of mobiles lots of people were convinced they would get brain cancer.

I don't know who starts this stuff off but it gets a life of its own for a while before it turns out to be baseless.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Parley said:

In the early days of mobiles lots of people were convinced they would get brain cancer.

I don't know who starts this stuff off but it gets a life of its own for a while before it turns out to be baseless.

Interestingly enough, the well-known brain surgeon, Charlie Teo, is convinced mobile phones are responsible for the rise in serious brain tumours around the ear that he's seen during his years as a surgeon.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

18 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Interestingly enough, the well-known brain surgeon, Charlie Teo, is convinced mobile phones are responsible for the rise in serious brain tumours around the ear that he's seen during his years as a surgeon.

He is pretty much discreditted these days after his recent behaviour.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Parley said:

We don’t hold mobile phones to our ears much these days.  Most use ear buds or speakerphone.  In fact mobile phones are used more for social media than phone calls now so maybe this solves any issue.

Edited by Gbye grey sky

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Parley said:

He is pretty much discreditted these days after his recent behaviour.

?What does his behaviour have to do with his observations of what he’s seeing in his daily practice as a brain surgeon

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

12 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

We don’t hold mobile phones to our ears much these days.  Most use ear buds or speakerphone.  In fact mobile phones are used more for social media than phone calls now so maybe this solves any issue.

Reduces rather than solves i think 

• Like 3

On 08/04/2020 at 19:51, Rallyman said:

Never said it was paul just stating about headaches  I used to get when doing a job with high phone usage, maybe coincidental they stopped with in days of packing that job in. 
with how society relies on mobile phones today I doubt any risks would ever be made known , the world would come to a stop 

Yep. Just about all studies that are done on mobile phone usage and medical problems are paid for by mobile phone companies. With the expected results of no proven issues.

I'm still dubious and wouldn't be surprised if your headaches were related.

I leave mine at home most of the time. There's been cases of tumours in peoples groins or wherever the phone sits. Not that many yet and the studies usually say coincidental but smart phones haven't been around that long really.

I reckon in another 20 years or so, maybe less, there will be studies that start to show a link with brain tumours and other problems.

5G is a different technology, higher frequency, higher power transmitters. Higher frequency doesn't go as far so more micro cells are needed. Still, in theory, shouldn't be a problem unless you get too close to a transmitter. 

• Like 1

On 09/04/2020 at 08:07, Marisawright said:

Reduces rather than solves i think 

The phones sat somewhere, maybe in your pocket. Still transmitting and receiving constantly. I'd be looking for groin or testical problems in guys in the future. 

Buds and in ear headphones are another problem in themselves. Loads of younger people that seem to use them constantly will have hearing problems in the future. Studies have been done that shows loss of certain frequencies quite early on. 

I'm still amazed how people are attached to their mobiles. Last couple of years at work I went in on the train and nearly everyone is on their phone. I noticed more were using speakerphone so the whole carriage can hear their conversation. Or talk with buds in so they've no idea how load they're talking. Rude, obnoxious and irritating but that seems to be acceptable these days.

You see people out walking, riding bikes, driving cars, in restaurants and they can't keep off them for 10 minutes. It's a worse addiction than drugs. The ones walking, staring at their mobile are a danger to everyone on the shared paths around here. They have no clue what's going on around them.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2020 at 16:54, Perthbum said:

Well we do own the city mate...

I went to Uni in Birmingham. You're welcome to it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

I went to Uni in Birmingham. You're welcome to it.

Birmingham is now a fantastic city for nightlife, outdoor cafes, food halls from all over the world, the curry triangle, best curries in the world, fantastic historical pubs, fantasist free art museums, theaters to match any in the world. I love a night out in Brum and never see any trouble.

Birmingham is now a fantastic city for nightlife, outdoor cafes, food halls from all over the world, the curry triangle, best curries in the world, fantastic historical pubs, fantasist free art museums, theaters to match any in the world. I love a night out in Brum and never see any trouble.

I must admit I was surprised at how much I liked Birmingham when I had to work there for a few spells around 2010/2011. I was staying in hotels, eating alone at restaurants but it was nice to feel safe wandering around the city.
When I was there once it was the week before Christmas and there were Christmas markets, lights hung up and even for a grinch like me, it looked lovely and the atmosphere was great.
And yes-beautiful curries!!!!

On 10/04/2020 at 17:25, Perthbum said:

You are right about the curries, we loved the balti places as students living in Sparkhill. My mate who I was at uni with and now lives down the road, had been to Brum a few times after we finished Uni. He said it had improved no end. 

Me, I've never been back. Didn't even go for the presentation of my degree certificate, just got them to post it, much to the disappointment of my parents.

On 01/04/2020 at 23:07, bunbury61 said:

People are saying the 2 issues are linked 

Good April Fool!

• Like 1

On 07/04/2020 at 06:19, Rallyman said:

Are people not allowed to question how safe new technology is or just accept that it must be because we are told it’s ok. 

Yes, you are allowed to question new things.

Serious question @Rallyman, what would it take to convince you it was safe?  Who would you believe?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, unzippy said:

Yes, you are allowed to question new things.

Serious question @Rallyman, what would it take to convince you it was safe?  Who would you believe?

If you do some research, no tests have been carried out with the new technology and the big companies pushing 5G  don’t want any, 

In a street  my uncle lived in with high voltage power lines running within 20 meters (25 house in the cul -de-sac )

14 people all died within 2 years of each other with cancer   Maybe coincidentally who knows ? 
I think it’s right to show concern , they pushed asbestos as being safe in the early years as well as smoking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rallyman said:

If you do some research, no tests have been carried out with the new technology and the big companies pushing 5G  don’t want any, 

In a street  my uncle lived in with high voltage power lines running within 20 meters (25 house in the cul -de-sac )

14 people all died within 2 years of each other with cancer   Maybe coincidentally who knows ? 
I think it’s right to show concern , they pushed asbestos as being safe in the early years as well as smoking. 

You've not answered my question. Can you?

Also, can you show us what research did you do that led you to form your opinion that no tests on 5G have been carried out? 

• Like 1