New destiny/destination

belter

We are on isolation just now and thought I could do nothing until I started some enquires,some companies will still quote you, some won’t.

we have changed our moving timeline from 2.5 years to 1 year. We have gotten quotes to move our furniture so we can plan. We are getting quotes to transport our dog. This is where it gets exciting. We have been looking at houses online....with pools. I never had a pool before I would like a pool for my children. I kind of thought I might enjoy isolating better with a pool, if you were allowed to use your pool.

we have changed our destination from Brisbane to.....Hervey Bay. Anyone got any thoughts on that?

Hervey Bay is beautiful...........if you wish to retire. There is a very large elderly population.

It is very hard to get work in Hervey Bay unless you are a care worker or a nurse or doctor. Most part time jobs are casual.

If you do intend to move there and  you are not a qualified medical assistant of some sort then I would say you will need enough cash to keep you going for minimum 6 months while you look for work.

Not as beautiful, but maybe an easier option is just one hour north, Bundaberg. 

Huge properties available in Bundaberg some with pools some on acreage for a lot less money than Brisbane.. Or you can buy land for less than $200,000 and have one built for around $350,000 

Work is still hard to get but perhaps not as difficult as Hervey Bay , loads of space for the dog 🐕 

• Thanks 1

I'm sure I've said this to you before, but have you considered Northern NSS rather than Queensland?  

I know Queensland has that aura of sun, beaches and a holiday lifestyle, but you can get exactly the same idyllic lifestyle all the way down the coast of NSW as far as Sydney, with hot summers and bright blue-sky winters.  The beaches are just as good as Queensland beaches.  In fact, I prefer the NSW coastline because the further south you go, the less humid and sweaty the summers are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I'm sure I've said this to you before, but have you considered Northern NSS rather than Queensland?  

I know Queensland has that aura of sun, beaches and a holiday lifestyle, but you can get exactly the same idyllic lifestyle all the way down the coast of NSW as far as Sydney, with hot summers and bright blue-sky winters.  The beaches are just as good as Queensland beaches.  In fact, I prefer the NSW coastline because the further south you go, the less humid and sweaty the summers are. 

Agree.  Port Stephens for instance has better beaches etc than Qld and less humidity.  Plenty of work too in booming Newcastle 

Edited by Bulya
Grammar
  • Haha 1

We are going to Hervey Bay as that’s where the inlaws live and can get to see their son and the grandkids again.

i am a nurse so I should get a job ok. He is a mechanic but has been working in oil and gas for the past 8 years.

its a bit risky.. but we live in a really small town here only about 20,000 and we have jobs, so fingers crossed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bulya said:

Plenty of fish back in the 70’s.  

Yes but seemingly all fished out since then, or perhaps, as a local yokel told me, "Ever noticed how fat the many dolphins are up here in PS"? Hmmmm.

Port Stephens may have had fish in the 70s  but I also had HAIR in the 70s. 

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Like 1