register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Tzhamzl_tn74

Surname mismatch between Identity documents

Hi Friends,

I am planning to launch my Citizen ship application in few days. But I have a problem in my National identity documents.

My pass port name is eg:  Narasimma Chandra - Surname    Krishna Kumar - Given name

Indian National Identity card/Mark sheet name:  NC(Initial/Surname) Krishna Kumar - Given name

Due to space constrains in My National identity card(India) They kept it as NC(Short form of surname) Krishna Kumar. In South India we don't have Concept of Surname. Here we keep Fathers / Mothers First name as Initials. While launching my AU citizenship. Will they consider this as Valid one?

What did you use for your PR application?

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Hi Friend,

I have applied PR via Agent. I showed my AADHAR card(one of my National Identity card which has be complete full name.) but my Overseas DL, Voter ID, DOB. I have that issue.

I have mentioned the same with my Migration Agent during my PR application process. She said that ' She kept a special note in the application so that Migration officer will consider" I cant see a place to keep notes in my Citizenship application.