register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

LisaB1980

Timeline - visa granted to move

Hi All,

I'm sure I have read this somewhere on this site, but I can't find the post now!

I know I have 12 months to travel to AUS once my visa is granted to activate it.  It there a time limit to making the permanent move?  for example if my visa was granted in December 2020, I travelled in March 2021 for activation, but didn't move until 2022, would that be an issue? 

Grateful for any help.  Thank you in advance.

Lisa 🙂

1 hour ago, LisaB1980 said:

Hi All,

I'm sure I have read this somewhere on this site, but I can't find the post now!

I know I have 12 months to travel to AUS once my visa is granted to activate it.  It there a time limit to making the permanent move?  for example if my visa was granted in December 2020, I travelled in March 2021 for activation, but didn't move until 2022, would that be an issue? 

Grateful for any help.  Thank you in advance.

Lisa 🙂

What visa do you have?

PR (100) Plans on hold but moving to Perth eventually!

Hi, 

I don't have one yet, but I am applying for the offshore partner visa.

You normally get 12 months from the date of medical or police check to make first entry (which ever was earlier). You have five years from date of grant to migrate. However, be aware that if you use a lot of the five years, leaving Australia can then be an issue as you would need a resident return visa after the five years.