AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

5 hours ago, Gracee said:

I've got approval in January as well. Still waiting for ceremony. Do you know if we can get virtual ceremony in Brisbane? Please advice when you get your invite. 

I don't think Brisbane is keen to support virtual ceremony. I'm not sure if this is a a matter of being understaffed or just principles. I received my invitation in the middle of last week via Post. It's to ceremony organised by Wynnum Manly Ward (I'm living in Manly West).

1 hour ago, Sukhi & kiran said:

Hi Sanji how they arranged your meeting over the phone or did you received any email from them 

Hi,

they just emailed me with a date for identification check and ceremony date and time with a zoom link. they asked me to confirm if Im available for those two days by replying to the same email.

its just the council emails you, not immigration.

thanks

Hi all

applied for citizenship by conferral 

my self , husband and son 

applied on 12/5/2021 

cairns far North Queensland 

Haven’t heard any thing yet 

does any one had any idea approximately how long they take to send you invitation for a test? 
thx 

53 minutes ago, Anoop said:

Hi all

applied for citizenship by conferral 

my self , husband and son 

applied on 12/5/2021 

cairns far North Queensland 

Haven’t heard any thing yet 

does any one had any idea approximately how long they take to send you invitation for a test? 
thx 

They make it very clear, it is a waiting game.

Screenshot_20210905-120318_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210905-120345_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, jpp said:

Congrats, would you mind sharing if it was council arranged, if yes how many people per ceremony

Thanks,

everything was arranged by the council. They emailed me with the ceremony date and my identification check date.. they sent me zoom meeting link for the identification check and then another zoom link for the ceremony.there were 48 more people were at the ceremony.it took about 45 minutes to finish the whole thing.i think  everything depends on how efficient the council is.They were super organised and fast.

thanks.

• Congratulations 1

On 03/09/2021 at 17:29, Slav said:

I don't think Brisbane is keen to support virtual ceremony. I'm not sure if this is a a matter of being understaffed or just principles. I received my invitation in the middle of last week via Post. It's to ceremony organised by Wynnum Manly Ward (I'm living in Manly West).

Good on you Slav. I might receive my ceremony invite soon too then. I live in North Brisbane (Sandgate). I might try calling the Council. I already called immigration services a few times but they only say standard answers and also don't know when is the ceremony.

• Thanks 1

My ceremony was on 21 August but canceled due to lockdown then I rang Wyndham City Council today and they said they already received applicants list from home affairs  for 17 & 18 September With only 80 people Over the two days ceremony and they checked my name as well but was not in the list .If any one received invitation on last Friday will be eligible for 17 & 18 September, rest can wait 

• Thanks 1

Dear Friends, here is my timeline;

Citizenship application submitted with all necessary supporting documents: 23-Feb-2021
Test invitation email: 27-May-2021
Test date: 23-June-2021 | Rescheduled to: 1-June-2021 | Application was approved an hour after the test.
Expression of interest for VC email: 30-Aug-2021 | Council: Ku-ring-gai, NSW.
Virtual ceremony: 6-Sep-2021.

Concluding this journey [stressful immigration processes] that started way back in 2010 [487 -> 186 -> Citizen] and I've been actively reading all posts here on PR & citizenship ever since. 

Wishing you all success, a very quick approval and ceremony with no long wait. 🙂

On 06/09/2021 at 08:51, Gracee said:

Good on you Slav. I might receive my ceremony invite soon too then. I live in North Brisbane (Sandgate). I might try calling the Council. I already called immigration services a few times but they only say standard answers and also don't know when is the ceremony.

So it has been 8 months now since I received my citizenship approval back in January 2021 and I have not received a ceremony invite yet. I live in Brisbane (North). Is it ok to ring Brisbane City Council? And is anyone here living in Brisbane and also waiting for your ceremony invite?

Hi All, 

I was just wondering has anyone had any recent invitations for ceremonies from City of Sydney? See timeline below if this helps anyone also 🙂

Applied Citizenship  26/11/2020

Current citizenship    United Kingdom

Local Council             City of Sydney

Test Date                    19th May 2021

Approval                    19th May 2021

Ceremony                  Awaiting

2 hours ago, Gracee said:

So it has been 8 months now since I received my citizenship approval back in January 2021 and I have not received a ceremony invite yet. I live in Brisbane (North). Is it ok to ring Brisbane City Council? And is anyone here living in Brisbane and also waiting for your ceremony invite?

Hi Grace 

My application approved in March 2021 and still waiting for ceremony with Brisbane City Council

Hi All

My application got approved in March 2021 and still waiting for ceremony invite from Brisbane City Council

I have a doubt that me and my wife both becoming citizen and attending ceremony

Do they allow my 1 year daughter (Already Australia Citizen) to attend citizenship ceremony with us? or they will allow only citizens to attend ceremony not their dependents?

Edited by Success21
Small change

1 hour ago, Success21 said:

Hi All

My application got approved in March 2021 and still waiting for ceremony invite from Brisbane City Council

I have a doubt that me and my wife both becoming citizen and attending ceremony

Do they allow my 1 year daughter (Already Australia Citizen) to attend citizenship ceremony with us? or they will allow only citizens to attend ceremony not their dependents?

They allowed me to bring 3 guests.

• Thanks 1

Hi All,
Just want to share my timelines

Applied :01/03/21
Invitation test email: 08/06/21
Original Test date: 13/07/21
Reschedule date: 15/06/21
Location test: Parramatta
Ceremony date: 17/09/2021
Council: Liverpool NSW

Good luck guys

• Congratulations 1

17 hours ago, Tzhamzl_tn74 said:

Hi Friends,

Any recent Ceremony invitation for Melbourne city council?? Mine approved at April 2021..  Recently changed location within Melbourne. Hope this will not push me back.

Update related to Melbourne city council invite:

My Citizenship application was approved on 05 Feb 2021.
I got Ceremony invite (Melbourne Town Hall) for 18th August which got cancelled due to Covid lockdown. It got rescheduled for 15th September and this also got Cancelled due to lockdown.
The council mailed they are considering Virtual Ceremony now, haven't heard back from them after that.

• Congratulations 1

2 hours ago, Melb User said:

Update related to Melbourne city council invite:

My Citizenship application was approved on 05 Feb 2021.
I got Ceremony invite (Melbourne Town Hall) for 18th August which got cancelled due to Covid lockdown. It got rescheduled for 15th September and this also got Cancelled due to lockdown.
The council mailed they are considering Virtual Ceremony now, haven't heard back from them after that.

Did you receive email again for rescheduled ceremony for 15th September as I received email for cancellation of ceremony  week before 18/8/21. Thanks for sharing information.

13 hours ago, DKD Melb said:

Did you receive email again for rescheduled ceremony for 15th September as I received email for cancellation of ceremony  week before 18/8/21. Thanks for sharing information.

Yes, I received email for rescheduled ceremony for 15th September, but it also got cancelled due to lockdown extension and they sent another cancellation mail for this.
So, 2 ceremony invites and subsequent cancellations for both of them, due to lockdown. I suggested Virtual Ceremony to them for overall event as there seems no end to lockdowns, and they told they are considering it.
I will update again if I get any invite.

41 minutes ago, Melb User said:

Yes, I received email for rescheduled ceremony for 15th September, but it also got cancelled due to lockdown extension and they sent another cancellation mail for this.
So, 2 ceremony invites and subsequent cancellations for both of them, due to lockdown. I suggested Virtual Ceremony to them for overall event as there seems no end to lockdowns, and they told they are considering it.
I will update again if I get any invite.

Thanks for updating.My application got approved on 25th February. Probably they had plans  to split 250 people into two smaller groups for virtual ceremonies to be held on 15th September and 10th or 12th October.Now they said they have cancelled the September 15 ceremony too and next one will be on 10th Nov.It’s been very frustrating. Hope you get your invite soon. Good luck.

Hi Guys 

I lodged my citizenship application this week , is it wise To proactively submit My overseas police check  as well to speed up the application ? 

Also I have an old pcc from Jan 2020 and I have not travelled overseas since then so will they consider old pcc or better to lodge a new pcc clearance ? 
pcc validity is only 1 Year though

All the best

Thanks