AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

2 hours ago, don said:

Anyone got any recent update for Casey council Victoria citizenship. Could please update detail so it will helpful for us? Thanks 

Hi Don

I'm in Monash and just had my Ceremony, usually it ranges from 6-8 months after test, mine took 6 months from test to Ceremony. Hope that helps.

Thanks

Andrew

Hello Everyone
Need help.

I have filled my application, now when I am trying to attach my documents which are in pdf format the website is converting them to jpg images. ( converting one single file to multiple jpg images)

It Says :-

" In line with the department's requirements, the document provided has been converted to an acceptable format that now appears as displayed below. Confirm that the image and any text displayed is clear for the department to use in identifying the applicant.
Each page within the provided PDF file has been converted to a separate JPG image. "

Now this has never happened before when I attached documents in pdf format in my previous files, they went through without any conversion to jpg.

Please advise am I doing something wrong ? Would really appreciate the help, thanks.

4 hours ago, hobart01 said:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know whether anyone has applied for citizenship from Tasmania, Hobart? When can I expect a test date? have submitted the application on 25/07/2021.

Many thanks in advance 🙂

Probably within a month. Pls keep us updated once you got invited for test.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2021 at 12:22, Sunny111 said:

Hello everyone, 

I thought I'll share mine and my wife's timeline which may help someone as I got alot of help from this forum. 

My application (Including two kids)

Eligible: 7 March 2021

Application submitted: 9 March 2021

Test invite received: 15 June 2021 for test date of 19th July 2021. Rescheduled my test immidiately to 17th June 2021.

Test Result: Passed and approved within an hour of passing the test on 17th June. 

Applicant's council: Penrith 2750, NSW

Total Days from submission to approval: 3 months 8 days

Wife's application

Eligible: 21 March 2021

Application submitted: 21 March 2021

Received letter to bring original police clearence to the interview on 1 Jun 2021(They didn't even check it during the interview)

Test invite received: 15 June 2021 for test date of 19th July 2021. Rescheduled test to 17th June 2021.

Test Result: Passed and approved within an hour of passing the test on 17th June. 

Applicant's council: Penrith 2750, NSW

Total Days from submission to approval: 2 months 27 days

FOI submitted to check pending citizenship ceremony applicants for  Penrith 2750, NSW council. There were 662 people waiting as of 21 May 2021. I called the council and they confirmed that they are conducting four ceremonies a month with 80 people in each ceremony.

I have also emailed online citizenship email yesterday and waiting for response. I will update if that happens. 

I have tried to add as many details as possible so that people can draw their conclusions based on this. One noticable thing which I noticed from other posts and from my own experience is that if you recieve a document request from case officer, you should expect your test invitation email within 2 weeks of that. 

Finally the journey is over. Had our virtual ceremony today. I had to email several times to get virtual ceremony. Thankful to DOHA for considering my request. Best of luck everyone else.

1 hour ago, Sunny111 said:

Finally the journey is over. Had our virtual ceremony today. I had to email several times to get virtual ceremony. Thankful to DOHA for considering my request. Best of luck everyone else.

Congrats!

How did you get the online ceremony, presume you need to give some specific reasoning?

14 minutes ago, Agz15 said:

Congrats!

How did you get the online ceremony, presume you need to give some specific reasoning?

Hi Agz,

I was just persistent in asking for it as my family need to go overseas permanently and this was the only hold up causing mental health issues. I hope this helps.

Hello Everyone
Need help.

I have filled my application, now when I am trying to attach my documents which are in pdf format the website is converting them to jpg images. ( converting one single file to multiple jpg images)

It Says :-     " In line with the department's requirements, the document provided has been converted to an acceptable format that now appears as displayed below. Confirm that                        the image and any text displayed is clear for the department to use in identifying the applicant.
                      Each page within the provided PDF file has been converted to a separate JPG image. "

Now this has never happened before when I attached documents in pdf format in my previous files, they went through without any conversion to jpg.

Please advise am I doing something wrong ? Would really appreciate the help, thanks.

8 hours ago, Rony887 said:
Hello Everyone
Need help.

It Says :-     " In line with the department's requirements, the document provided has been converted to an acceptable format that now appears as displayed below. Confirm that                        the image and any text displayed is clear for the department to use in identifying the applicant.

I think that happened to me too but I didn’t have many multiple page documents to add.  If the uploads are clear and are all there then why worry about the format.  You can rename them adding page numbers if necessary  

Edited by rammygirl

6 hours ago, Mustung said:

I have quick question. 

I got new born and she got her AU Citizenship and  Passport.

i am applying for Citizenship with my kids now and just wanted to confirm do i need to include new born anywhere in the application?

Yes, you should always include the information related to all your family members. 

11 hours ago, Narito87 said:

By the way, does anybody know which email for virtual ceremony request in NSW is valid? I sent it to:

virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au

a couple of times, however absolute silence. Neither automatic nor actual reply.

Thanks!

Yes, this is one-way communication. They will assess your case and make the decision whether give you the fast track of ceremony arrangement, if not, no response will get. 

On 27/07/2021 at 23:47, Sunny111 said:

Hi Agz,

I was just persistent in asking for it as my family need to go overseas permanently and this was the only hold up causing mental health issues. I hope this helps.

Thanks! What email did you use?

On 28/07/2021 at 11:06, Narito87 said:

By the way, does anybody know which email for virtual ceremony request in NSW is valid? I sent it to:

virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au

a couple of times, however absolute silence. Neither automatic nor actual reply.

Thanks!

Hi! What reasoning are you using to ask for an online ceremony :)?

I received my invite for a ceremony in Port Phillip today. A bit surprised as it wasn't on their original list of ceremony dates, but obviously I'm delighted. Trying not to get too excited, as with lockdowns here in Victoria, there's every chance we could be back in one in two weeks time and it will be cancelled. If we make it to a few days before and no sign of a lockdown then I'll get excited 🤣

16 minutes ago, RoEire said:

I received my invite for a ceremony in Port Phillip today. A bit surprised as it wasn't on their original list of ceremony dates, but obviously I'm delighted. Trying not to get too excited, as with lockdowns here in Victoria, there's every chance we could be back in one in two weeks time and it will be cancelled. If we make it to a few days before and no sign of a lockdown then I'll get excited 🤣

Ditto 😀 Also got mine today for 16th August in Port Philip, I was prepared for it to be a lot longer yet