AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 18/07/2021 at 08:32, rammygirl said:

You don’t need to add extra, that is why they give a choice.  Not everyone can provide the same type of information.  Also they will run an Australian police check you don’t need to provide one.

I couldn't see who did the police check (immi or applicant) because the online forms are not available until after you have met the residency requirement. So I ordered mine in advance so i could apply as early as possible.

As I had it I uploaded it anyway

At the interview/test I was told that They will now do the police check

I got my approval 3 days later in the post (dated the same day as my interview test)

I suspect its worth pre-loading the police check to speed things up, not guaranteed to improve things but why not do it anyway?

22 hours ago, EricT said:

Wish you all the best.

how come you’ve been requested for form 1399? 

Hi Eric am not sure why? But I submitted it as soon as I did I received my  interview/test invite.

Regards

Edited by ZULU2000

I really need some support here. 

I've been frustrated and depressive of my long and unpredictable waiting time.  After my test/interview on Dec 2020, I've been waiting for 1 month, but still no approval, then I have been offshore for 5 month, now back in June. 
I've contacted with DHA, and they told me that my case is progressing. But until now, still no approval. 
I haven't had any criminal history, but don't know why my case has been hold for such an unreasonable time. 
From this forum, I've seen most of applicants got approval on the same day of test/interview. 

I don't know what's the reason behind to decide whether the applicant can be approved on the test day, and what's the F*K reason that some checking has taken such a long time. And there is no any transparency at all to let me know what had happened behind the scene. 

Someone who knows about the details of case processing please help me and share your experience. I really appreciate your kindness. 

Good evening,

I have submitted two applications from one immi account. One was for myself another for my wife.

Please advise how do I merge them or link them so they are reviewed as a family application?

16 hours ago, Ding said:

I've been frustrated and depressive of my long and unpredictable waiting time.  After my test/interview on Dec 2020, I've been waiting for 1 month, but still no approval, then I have been offshore for 5 month, now back in June. 
I've contacted with DHA, and they told me that my case is progressing. But until now, still no approval. 
I haven't had any criminal history, but don't know why my case has been hold for such an unreasonable time. 
From this forum, I've seen most of applicants got approval on the same day of test/interview. 

I don't know what's the reason behind to decide whether the applicant can be approved on the test day, and what's the F*K reason that some checking has taken such a long time. And there is no any transparency at all to let me know what had happened behind the scene. 

Someone who knows about the details of case processing please help me and share your experience. I really appreciate your kindness. 

Ding, I fully understand your frustration, however here is my advise:

1. If DHA tells your case in processing, there is nothing much you can do but wait. I had a similar situation with my PR which took over a year to process. Sometimes you just really get unlucky with an officer, which causes you much more delays than it should be. I've been there. Yes it is unfair, but nothing to do about it.
2. Even if you get approved right now, I doubt things will go fast - my friends who had their ceremonies cancelled a day before it supposed to be (due to COVID) are still waiting for any information.
3. Good strategy right now is just unwind your mind and forget about the process until they notify you. 

I attached the processing time at this moment, and as you can see from the date of application to decision it is 15 months. Considering your overseas case you are most likely in that 10% which can take longer. I also bet you are not alone, and there are thousands of people stuck just like you, not aware of this forum to share same story.

image.thumb.png.0653d9b571c7f22d79301ff9b662f87a.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Narito87 said:

1. If DHA tells your case in processing, there is nothing much you can do but wait. I had a similar situation with my PR which took over a year to process. Sometimes you just really get unlucky with an officer, which causes you much more delays than it should be. I've been there. Yes it is unfair, but nothing to do about it.
2. Even if you get approved right now, I doubt things will go fast - my friends who had their ceremonies cancelled a day before it supposed to be (due to COVID) are still waiting for any information.
3. Good strategy right now is just unwind your mind and forget about the process until they notify you. 

I attached the processing time at this moment, and as you can see from the date of application to decision it is 15 months. Considering your overseas case you are most likely in that 10% which can take longer. I also bet you are not alone, and there are thousands of people stuck just like you, not aware of this forum to share same story.

Thanks Narito87!

5 hours ago, Narito87 said:

Yeah and you don't have to go far to find one, I'm a living proof. I've been waiting for approval since early March.

Heres my timeline,

Arrived 01 April 2017(489) from UK

Application for 887 (PR) 31 March 2019

PR (887) approved 16 June 2020

Applied Citizenship 017 June 2021

Invitation                    19 July 2021 (invited for 18 August 2021)

Test Date                   23 July 2021 (rescheduled from August)

Approval                    23 July 2021 (in half hour from test)

Ceremony                  TBA

On 22/07/2021 at 18:40, Ding said:

cheer up mate, just took my test today at 3pm with 100% score but till now still no email. I have a feeling I might not get it quick, the interview officer was very unfriendly, unlike other counters. 

48 minutes ago, Kenlau said:

cheer up mate, just took my test today at 3pm with 100% score but till now still no email. I have a feeling I might not get it quick, the interview officer was very unfriendly, unlike other counters. * He only asked for my D.L to verify my identity,  didn't see anything else. 

12 hours ago, AshR said:

Heres my timeline,

Arrived 01 April 2017(489) from UK

Application for 887 (PR) 31 March 2019

PR (887) approved 16 June 2020

Applied Citizenship 017 June 2021

Invitation                    19 July 2021 (invited for 18 August 2021)

Test Date                   23 July 2021 (rescheduled from August)

Approval                    23 July 2021 (in half hour from test)

Ceremony                  TBA

Thanks for sharing, what’s your council then? 

Hi guys, hope your are all safe need a suggestion please 

citizenship lodgement- 18/03/21, Brisbane 

1-my overseas passport is going to expire on 10/08/21 so I have submitted for a passport renewal and gonna take nearly a month, just wondering if I get a call for the interview mean time do I need to postpone the test or attend the interview with my drivers license.

2- changed my profession do I need to update this as well?

any ideas much appropriated 

thanks 

1 minute ago, Kumar said:

Hi guys, hope your are all safe need a suggestion please 

citizenship lodgement- 18/03/21, Brisbane 

1-my overseas passport is going to expire on 10/08/21 so I have submitted for a passport renewal and gonna take nearly a month, just wondering if I get a call for the interview mean time do I need to postpone the test or attend the interview with my drivers license.

2- changed my profession do I need to update this as well?

any ideas much appropriated 

thanks 

1 - Take the old passport and your current driver’s license. If you get a new passport before interview date, bring both new and old. They’ll want to see the same document as the one in their records  

2- Your new job is irrelevant for DHA at this point. No need to update anything. 

Cheers. 

2 hours ago, Randall said:

1 - Take the old passport and your current driver’s license. If you get a new passport before interview date, bring both new and old. They’ll want to see the same document as the one in their records  

2- Your new job is irrelevant for DHA at this point. No need to update anything. 

Cheers. 

Hi Randall 

thanks for your input but the embassy got my old passport to issue the new one.

Thanks 

53 minutes ago, Ding said:

Exciting Morning! I got approved, having checked immi account just now!

It's really a long journey, but ultimately appreciate all mates in this forum and the DHA!

Congratulations! 

Plot twist - DHA is reading this forum 🙂

Now welcome to our waiting club. I have a feeling due to constant lockdowns they will eventually resume virtual ceremonies, however the question is when and at which capacity.

I do really hope that it will be less than 6 months for most of us (since approval). Sincerely hope.

For NSW things do not look very optimistic though unfortunately.

Let's see...

12 minutes ago, Narito87 said:

Congratulations! 

Plot twist - DHA is reading this forum 🙂

Now welcome to our waiting club. I have a feeling due to constant lockdowns they will eventually resume virtual ceremonies, however the question is when and at which capacity.

I do really hope that it will be less than 6 months for most of us (since approval). Sincerely hope.

For NSW things do not look very optimistic though unfortunately.

Let's see...

Thanks!
Is it possible to send email to virtual ceremony team to request?

1 hour ago, Ding said:

Thanks!
Is it possible to send email to virtual ceremony team to request?

I did send an email to my state address a month ago, however never received a reply.

Something tells me it is going to be a one-way communication - either waiting until public in-person ceremonies are resumed, or virtual ceremony invites will be sent via email.

It seems to be lots of people started to request virtual ceremonies, so now they don't accept any more requests even if it is related to education etc. 

That's why estimate another 6-9 months window just to wrap things up. 

Yes, being approved it is 99.99% done, however if they don't speed up virtual ceremonies/create another fast track ways for people to make a pledge (which I honestly don't see any blockers for - again, visit Post office, Centrelink for instance - 10 minutes business, done) - we will have to wait almost a year.

• Like 1