AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Hi everyone, I lodged my application yesterday with scans of the following docs:

Identity declaration
Photo (back/front)
Passport
Birth certificate
Driver's license

Now there is an option for uploading Other Documents after submission. Should I add anything there, if so, what?

Thanks

Hi I submitted my application today here in Adelaide, just beat the price hike.

I became eligible back in May and had filled in most of the form back then, must admit found the form quite repetitive and a bit soul destroying.

I only found out the government were increasing the price this week.

I had to go and double check my deceased parents date of birth, hmmm, I'm sure it's important to someone.

so $285 (plus surcharge) later and the form is submitted

I'll keep you informed on progress

I attached scans of;

Passports

SA Drivers licence

Bank statement

UK Birth Cert.

Identity declaration form 1195

Passport photo endorsed front and back.

Jonathan

On 28/06/2021 at 19:30, Chennaiguy said:

Same as you. I called DHA today to check what's happening with BCC. I was told there is a huge backlog and people who were approved a year back are still being invited to ceremonies. DHA won't tell me when I will be invited.. 

My neighbour her application got approved in start of November and she did her ceremony last month so I am guessing probably Novemeber or December at this stage for us. Do you know how can we do online ceremony

Hi all

Can anyone let me know if you have attended a ceremony before 24 June 2021 at City of West Torrens council?

Context: I missed the ceremony on 24 June 2021 at City of West Torrens so just trying to understand the frequency.

Many thanks

12 hours ago, Phoenix2135 said:

Hi Team,

My timeline:

Applied on 26/08/2020

Appointment/interview e-mail received on 25/06 to take test on 06/08

Test Rescheduled for today and passed.

council- Greater Dandenong, Victoria.

Good to know.

I am waiting since sept 2020. hopefully I get my test/interview appointment this month.

On 30/06/2021 at 14:22, galisuman said:

My neighbour her application got approved in start of November and she did her ceremony last month so I am guessing probably Novemeber or December at this stage for us. Do you know how can we do online ceremony

I was told by DHA that virtual ceremonies have stopped in QLD as of now. Having said that, I have seen people(from QLD) in other forums requesting virtual ceremonies in different states and got their ceremony done. The key is you need to prove (with evidence) why you wanna "rush" with your ceremony??! Few stated their job demands or others need to access HECS, etc.. 

This one is from another forum: You can try your luck.. 

Universal Email IDs
virtual.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au
virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au

State Specific Email IDs
ceremony.act@homeaffairs.gov.au
ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au
ceremony.qld@homeaffairs.gov.au
perth.citizenship@homeaffairs.gov.au
sydney.citizenship@homeaffairs.gov.au
virtual.ceremony.act@homeaffairs.gov.au
virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au
virtual.ceremony.qld@homeaffairs.gov.au
virtual.ceremony.vic@homeaffairs.gov.au

Edited by Chennaiguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chennaiguy said:

I was told by DHA that virtual ceremonies have stopped in QLD as of now. Having said that, I have seen people(from QLD) in other forums requesting virtual ceremonies in different states and got their ceremony done. The key is you need to prove (with evidence) why you wanna "rush" with your ceremony??! Few stated their job demands or others need to access HECS, etc.. 

Universal Email IDs

State Specific Email IDs

Do you know how long after you send an email do they respond? I sent one money. I am due a ceremony in three weeks but Darwin is in lockdown and I work in remote aboriginal communities. I said it isn’t safe for me to return to my appointment. I also need it for hecs but didn’t mention that. The community is far more important. 

19 minutes ago, Chelsearoxanna said:

Do you know how long after you send an email do they respond? I sent one money. I am due a ceremony in three weeks but Darwin is in lockdown and I work in remote aboriginal communities. I said it isn’t safe for me to return to my appointment. I also need it for hecs but didn’t mention that. The community is far more important. 

I can't comment on how long it will be for you as I'm in Victoria. But when we did my son's application I told them we needed it urgently for HECS. He didn't need an interview or test as was 17 but remarkably got approved and had a virtual ceremony within 3 months of application. I would definitely let them know about HECS as that could possibly help. All the best.

Does anyone sent emails to processing team? I've sent to them for my new documentations (due to immi doc reached 60 limit) and status update (onshore again), but never got response. 
I'm wondering can they see the email communications? 

good evening,

I am preparing documents to lodge my citizenship application soon.

I started completing the application and have a question in regards of "list of previous Citizenships" part:

I was born in U.S.S.R. but in 1991 Ukraine got its independence and I become Ukrainian citizen. U.S.S.R. has ceased to exist some time then. There is no drop-down option to choose U.S.S.R... but I was a USSR citizen by birth, that is what I put in my 80 form when applying for a previous visa (I was able to type in the form then). I am thinking of putting Ukraine twice in that form and explain the same in the comment section.

I would appreciate any advice,

3 minutes ago, aka2 said:

good evening,

I am preparing documents to lodge my citizenship application soon.

I started completing the application and have a question in regards of "list of previous Citizenships" part:

I was born in U.S.S.R. but in 1991 Ukraine got its independence and I become Ukrainian citizen. U.S.S.R. has ceased to exist some time then. There is no drop-down option to choose U.S.S.R... but I was a USSR citizen by birth, that is what I put in my 80 form when applying for a previous visa (I was able to type in the form then). I am thinking of putting Ukraine twice in that form and explain the same in the comment section.

I would appreciate any advice,

Yes, that’s what I would do. Choose Ukraine and leave a note in the comments section with the question number. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chennaiguy said:

Universal Email IDs

State Specific Email IDs

Thanks mate that was helpful my reason is HECS as well 

Hi all,

Finally got round to applying for citizenship (was eligible Feb 2019!!!), timeline below:

Application submitted: 14/04/21

Appointment email received: 15/06/21

Interview & Test: 01/07/21

Approved: 01/07/21 (told I would receive letter in post to confirm approval in approx 3 weeks)

Ceremony: TBC (advised wait time is currently 6-8months)

2 hours ago, snmp said:

Hi all,

Finally got round to applying for citizenship (was eligible Feb 2019!!!), timeline below:

Application submitted: 14/04/21

Appointment email received: 15/06/21

Interview & Test: 01/07/21

Approved: 01/07/21 (told I would receive letter in post to confirm approval in approx 3 weeks)

Ceremony: TBC (advised wait time is currently 6-8months)

Congrats! Did you have to provide additional documents besides the basic ones they ask for during the application? Also, where did you apply from?

Hi guys

I have a q about vc using webex, could you please help me with the below: 

1. There is a link in the email to join meeting. Also there are password and ID for the meeting ? So, how to join the meeting ? Should we click the join meeting button only ? Or is it required to add ID and password as well ? 

2. Is it possible to test the meeting link and also the ID and Password a few days prior to the meeting ? Or is it like a one time only type of a link / password ? 

4.  how to make sure and test webex can access audio and video on the laptop or phone ? 

5. Is it ok to simultaneously join on the phone using the phone number they provided and use the link to join the video ? 

6. Which is better the webex app or just join from web browser ? 

8. If we click the meeting link, will it take us to the app or the browser on the laptop  ? 

9. should we download the app from the link provided in the email ? Or can we directly download from the cisco webex website ? 

10. Is it better to join from mobile or laptop ? 

Thank you

Query on lamination of document.

I have a original document which is laminated as the actual document was quite fragile.
During the interview it is asked to show the original document. Does the lamination will create any issues during the interview?

This document was in another language, so I have an official translation from NAATI, of which I have got the original.

TIA.

Edited by Aayush

On 02/07/2021 at 10:29, username303 said:

Congrats! Did you have to provide additional documents besides the basic ones they ask for during the application? Also, where did you apply from?

I was only asked for my photo ID (drivers licence/passport).  Applied in Cairns.

14 hours ago, AlmostOZ said:

Question about approval here.

Does it always get approved in the ImmiAccount and then we receive letter? Or not necessarily?

Regards,

Usually yes . You will not receive an email , just the status will be changed prior you receive the letter. But I’ve seen here in the forum in some cases this didn’t happen ( system error or something ) but 99.99% yes 

• Thanks 1