04April2017DE

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

On 23/06/2021 at 09:44, RoEire said:

Oh the four weeks notice is better than I thought, someone else had told me 2 weeks, and because we're moving mid-July I was getting nervous. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for July! If you do get your letter, would you mind letting me know, so then I'll at least know they've gone out and I didn't get one 🤣 

I just got invited this morning for July ceremony. delighted

• Congratulations 2

1 hour ago, Randall said:

1. Just as some trivia, Brazil issues both Federal and State police clearances online and they are issued instantly. 

2. I have friends who received communication from DHA over the weekend regarding ceremony and interview. 

Thanks.

Do you have any idea were your friends asked to bring original police clearance at the time of interview?

2 minutes ago, Zare said:

Thanks.

Do you have any idea were your friends asked to bring original police clearance at the time of interview?

If they’re overseas certificates and they’re issued online, then it just print them and bring a NAATI-certified translation 

11 minutes ago, VicApplicant said:

I just got invited this morning for July ceremony. delighted

Fantastic news - which council in Victoria?

Hello!!

Anyone waiting in Moreton Bsy, Qld for ceremony?

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Nora said:

Hello!!

Anyone waiting in Moreton Bsy, Qld for ceremony?

Cheers

Are u from QLD or MELBOURNE CBD.

59 minutes ago, Melbournian said:

Are u from QLD or MELBOURNE CBD.

Applied in Vic, sat test and approved in Melbs, and recently moved to Qld. I know I need to update my signature. 

4 hours ago, VicApplicant said:

Port Phillip, Vic! 

Amazing!! Congratulations, that's so exciting!! I didn't get an invite for the July one it seems, but the fact I was approved just 3 weeks behind you gives me good hope that I'll get the September one! 🙂 

State: VIC
Birth Country: LR
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 2
PR Nomination & Application Submitted: November 2018

PR Nomination approved  May 2019 

PR Visa Approved May 2019

Citizenship Applied: May 2020

Interview Scheduled: Apr 2021

Ceremony Completed: October 2021

4 hours ago, VicApplicant said:

Port Phillip, Vic! 

Oh I meant to ask - I presume it was via email?

Hi, 

I had my citizenship approved in March but haven't heard from the department yet regarding the ceremony, just wondering if anyone received an invitation to attend the citizenship ceremony happening on July 21 with Melbourne city council? 

Thanks

A quick update. Applied in April 2020, Approved in early April 2021, still no ceremony invitation. Maribyrnong Council. 

Edited by Melb2016

Received some FOI stats about waiting times for ceremonies in Melbourne and Manningham (VIC):

• As at 18 June 2021, there were 343 people whose applications for Australian citizenship (conferral) had been approved and who were waiting to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony at Manningham City Council (VIC).
  • As at 18 June 2021, there were 749 people whose applications for Australian citizenship (conferral) had been approved and who were waiting to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony at Melbourne City Council (VIC)

50 minutes ago, robmac said:

Received some FOI stats about waiting times for ceremonies in Melbourne and Manningham (VIC):

• As at 18 June 2021, there were 343 people whose applications for Australian citizenship (conferral) had been approved and who were waiting to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony at Manningham City Council (VIC).
  • As at 18 June 2021, there were 749 people whose applications for Australian citizenship (conferral) had been approved and who were waiting to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony at Melbourne City Council (VIC)

When did you apply for the FOI? I just want to know how long it'll take to get response. I did apply for another FOI in 17 June

23 Dec 2019, citizenship application lodged

25 Nov 2020, test invited

08 Dec 2020, test passed

04 Jan 2021, offshore

21 June 2021, back onshore

26 July 2021, APPROVED!

29 July 2021, Approval Letter Received

Awaiting Ceremony

2 hours ago, robmac said:

Hey Rob - may I ask what wording you used on the FOI application. I applied for one last week to find out about Port Phillip Council but was told it was 'too general a request' and not something the Department would answer. Would love to try again.

1 hour ago, Ding said:

When did you apply for the FOI? I just want to know how long it'll take to get response. I did apply for another FOI in 17 June

Hi Ding, I applied on 1 June for this one.

23 minutes ago, RoEire said:

Hey Rob - may I ask what wording you used on the FOI application. I applied for one last week to find out about Port Phillip Council but was told it was 'too general a request' and not something the Department would answer. Would love to try again.

Hi there, here is what I emailed to foi@homeaffairs.gov.au:

Dear Team

I request a copy of the following information under the Freedom of Information Act 1982:

• As at 31 May 2021, the number of persons whose applications for citizenship by conferral have been approved and were awaiting a citizenship ceremony at Manningham City Council.
  • As at 31 May 2021, the number of persons whose applications for citizenship by conferral have been approved and were awaiting a citizenship ceremony at Melbourne City Council.

Correspondence under the Act should be sent to myself by email to [my email].

Kind regards

• Thanks 1

On 31/05/2021 at 15:48, AlmostOZ said:

Hi @ToowoombaBlue

Its going good I guess. I have done the practice test online. I am wondering how similar the real exam is to the practice exam?

Any idea?

Regards,

So I guess you know now, I hope you passed. 
As you and the many others on this forum have no doubt found out, the questions are more or less identical to the government practice test and all the answers were in the ‘Our Common Bond’ literature.

Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Believe you can and you're half way there!

My citizenship ceremony was today and got cancelled due to COVID regulations in Sydney☹️

Anybody in the same boat? Does anyone know if they are planning to restart virtual ceremonies?

Regards

Srinath

On 24/06/2021 at 18:21, galisuman said:

Did any one got ceremony invite from Brisbane council for July.. please let me know my application was approved in November last year still no reply

Same as you. I called DHA today to check what's happening with BCC. I was told there is a huge backlog and people who were approved a year back are still being invited to ceremonies. DHA won't tell me when I will be invited.. 

To add more data:

Area: Bayside council, Sydney NSW

From application to approval: 3 months (March 2021 -> May 2021)

Waiting for ceremony.

Hi - I live in City of Sydney. I applied on January 2 2021. Got invited to interview, showed my docs and passed the test on 10 May 2021. Haven't heard a word since, still showing "Received" on Immi. I have no reason to suspect why my application is anything other than routine: all the required docs were uploaded.

Is this length of time between interview and approval unusual? Is there any prospect of approval whilst Sydney remains locked down? Does DOHA still work from home in lockdown on approvals? Or is everything closed?

3 hours ago, DIG85 said:

Hi - I live in City of Sydney. I applied on January 2 2021. Got invited to interview, showed my docs and passed the test on 10 May 2021. Haven't heard a word since, still showing "Received" on Immi. I have no reason to suspect why my application is anything other than routine: all the required docs were uploaded.

Is this length of time between interview and approval unusual? Is there any prospect of approval whilst Sydney remains locked down? Does DOHA still work from home in lockdown on approvals? Or is everything closed?

Hi, don't you think you've been a bit impatient. Just read other ppl's posts and see how long others been waiting!

• Haha 1

On 28/06/2021 at 16:55, ToowoombaBlue said:

So I guess you know now, I hope you passed. 
As you and the many others on this forum have no doubt found out, the questions are more or less identical to the government practice test and all the answers were in the ‘Our Common Bond’ literature.

Hi @ToowoombaBlue

Passed with 100% last week, now waiting for approval. I don't know how long will that take.
Yes, reading "Our Common Bond" certainly helped!

• Thanks 1

What's the processing time like on average for people applying from Melbourne? I just lodged mine today.