AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 23/06/2021 at 09:44, RoEire said:

Oh the four weeks notice is better than I thought, someone else had told me 2 weeks, and because we're moving mid-July I was getting nervous. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for July! If you do get your letter, would you mind letting me know, so then I'll at least know they've gone out and I didn't get one 🤣 

I just got invited this morning for July ceremony. delighted

• Congratulations 2

1 hour ago, Randall said:

1. Just as some trivia, Brazil issues both Federal and State police clearances online and they are issued instantly. 

2. I have friends who received communication from DHA over the weekend regarding ceremony and interview. 

Thanks.

Do you have any idea were your friends asked to bring original police clearance at the time of interview?

2 minutes ago, Zare said:

Thanks.

Do you have any idea were your friends asked to bring original police clearance at the time of interview?

If they’re overseas certificates and they’re issued online, then it just print them and bring a NAATI-certified translation 

4 hours ago, VicApplicant said:

Port Phillip, Vic! 

Amazing!! Congratulations, that's so exciting!! I didn't get an invite for the July one it seems, but the fact I was approved just 3 weeks behind you gives me good hope that I'll get the September one! 🙂 

Hi, 

I had my citizenship approved in March but haven't heard from the department yet regarding the ceremony, just wondering if anyone received an invitation to attend the citizenship ceremony happening on July 21 with Melbourne city council? 

Thanks

Received some FOI stats about waiting times for ceremonies in Melbourne and Manningham (VIC):

• As at 18 June 2021, there were 343 people whose applications for Australian citizenship (conferral) had been approved and who were waiting to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony at Manningham City Council (VIC).
  • As at 18 June 2021, there were 749 people whose applications for Australian citizenship (conferral) had been approved and who were waiting to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony at Melbourne City Council (VIC)

50 minutes ago, robmac said:

Received some FOI stats about waiting times for ceremonies in Melbourne and Manningham (VIC):

• As at 18 June 2021, there were 343 people whose applications for Australian citizenship (conferral) had been approved and who were waiting to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony at Manningham City Council (VIC).
  • As at 18 June 2021, there were 749 people whose applications for Australian citizenship (conferral) had been approved and who were waiting to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony at Melbourne City Council (VIC)

When did you apply for the FOI? I just want to know how long it'll take to get response. I did apply for another FOI in 17 June

2 hours ago, robmac said:

Hey Rob - may I ask what wording you used on the FOI application. I applied for one last week to find out about Port Phillip Council but was told it was 'too general a request' and not something the Department would answer. Would love to try again.

23 minutes ago, RoEire said:

Hey Rob - may I ask what wording you used on the FOI application. I applied for one last week to find out about Port Phillip Council but was told it was 'too general a request' and not something the Department would answer. Would love to try again.

Hi there, here is what I emailed to foi@homeaffairs.gov.au:

Dear Team

I request a copy of the following information under the Freedom of Information Act 1982:

• As at 31 May 2021, the number of persons whose applications for citizenship by conferral have been approved and were awaiting a citizenship ceremony at Manningham City Council.
  • As at 31 May 2021, the number of persons whose applications for citizenship by conferral have been approved and were awaiting a citizenship ceremony at Melbourne City Council.

Correspondence under the Act should be sent to myself by email to [my email].

Kind regards

• Thanks 1

On 31/05/2021 at 15:48, AlmostOZ said:

Hi @ToowoombaBlue

Its going good I guess. I have done the practice test online. I am wondering how similar the real exam is to the practice exam?

Any idea?

Regards,

So I guess you know now, I hope you passed. 
As you and the many others on this forum have no doubt found out, the questions are more or less identical to the government practice test and all the answers were in the ‘Our Common Bond’ literature.

On 24/06/2021 at 18:21, galisuman said:

Did any one got ceremony invite from Brisbane council for July.. please let me know my application was approved in November last year still no reply

Same as you. I called DHA today to check what's happening with BCC. I was told there is a huge backlog and people who were approved a year back are still being invited to ceremonies. DHA won't tell me when I will be invited.. 

Hi - I live in City of Sydney. I applied on January 2 2021. Got invited to interview, showed my docs and passed the test on 10 May 2021. Haven't heard a word since, still showing "Received" on Immi. I have no reason to suspect why my application is anything other than routine: all the required docs were uploaded.

Is this length of time between interview and approval unusual? Is there any prospect of approval whilst Sydney remains locked down? Does DOHA still work from home in lockdown on approvals? Or is everything closed?

3 hours ago, DIG85 said:

Hi - I live in City of Sydney. I applied on January 2 2021. Got invited to interview, showed my docs and passed the test on 10 May 2021. Haven't heard a word since, still showing "Received" on Immi. I have no reason to suspect why my application is anything other than routine: all the required docs were uploaded.

Is this length of time between interview and approval unusual? Is there any prospect of approval whilst Sydney remains locked down? Does DOHA still work from home in lockdown on approvals? Or is everything closed?

Hi, don't you think you've been a bit impatient. Just read other ppl's posts and see how long others been waiting!

• Haha 1

On 28/06/2021 at 16:55, ToowoombaBlue said:

So I guess you know now, I hope you passed. 
As you and the many others on this forum have no doubt found out, the questions are more or less identical to the government practice test and all the answers were in the ‘Our Common Bond’ literature.

Hi @ToowoombaBlue

Passed with 100% last week, now waiting for approval. I don't know how long will that take.
Yes, reading "Our Common Bond" certainly helped!

• Thanks 1