AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 13/09/2020 at 20:22, Silentreader101 said:

So I managed to get my test a few weeks ago in Perth now waiting on my ceremony hope it’s soon. Any one in Perth passed the test but waiting on ceremony’s? Has anyone done a ceremony recently what was the wait time like?

@Silentreader101 when was your application submitted? Thanks

On 13/09/2020 at 20:22, Silentreader101 said:

So I managed to get my test a few weeks ago in Perth now waiting on my ceremony hope it’s soon. Any one in Perth passed the test but waiting on ceremony’s? Has anyone done a ceremony recently what was the wait time like?

Congratulations! My daughter was approved on 27 Apr and had her Ceremony on 5 Aug - City of Wanneroo. 

My daughter's (17 year old) citizenship application was processed within 6 weeks....woooohoooo!!!

Timeline....

Applied Citizenship  08/08/2020

Approval                   19/08/2020

Invitation                   28/08/2020

Test Date                 None

Ceremony                17/09/2020 

Sydney - City

• Like 1

Yes - it's much quicker for under 18s as no test or interview required. My son was approved in 4 weeks, and had ceremony about 8 weeks later after I unlinked his account to have citizenship ceremony with me and his Dad (our applications are not going anywhere at present!). It means he is eligible for HELP loans for university next year - so good. If your daughter needs her ceremony quickly then you can ask for it be expedited. Great news!

59 minutes ago, pearplumpie said:

Yes - it's much quicker for under 18s as no test or interview required. My son was approved in 4 weeks, and had ceremony about 8 weeks later after I unlinked his account to have citizenship ceremony with me and his Dad (our applications are not going anywhere at present!). It means he is eligible for HELP loans for university next year - so good. If your daughter needs her ceremony quickly then you can ask for it be expedited. Great news!

My son is 8 in my application, both of us still waiting. Seems like the quick ones are from separate applications for the children between 16 yr to 18 yrs.

On 27/05/2020 at 19:35, 04April2017DE said:

Unfortunately it appears that the immi system is smart enough to now allow people to front load. Reason being is that if the residence period of 4 years is not met, the application simply cannot be proceed further to the document updalod stage. So have to wait till the day that you been here for 4 years, not a single day less.

I had the same idea before and tried to front load but only so much info you can fill. So speaking of experience prepare the documents and as soon as the day comes, do them in one go. 

Hope it helps. Cheers.

You can have a go at filling out a paper application form to get an idea of what questions to expect. 

Link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1300t.pdf

Hey All, 

I have my interview and test ✍️ on Jan 21, 2020 (see my signature ⬇️ for details), but still haven't heard back😪

The status of my application is still "Received", and I am starting to wonder why the processing of my application is taking so long🤔, since I am a single😭 applicant with a very transparent life history👼

I acknowledge how lucky🙌 I was to have been able to push my Interview and test forward from April 4th to January 21st and not get held off by the Covid 🤮interruption but I would still like to see some progress with my application🌠

I hope everyone in this thread has their interviews, approvals and ceremonies asap! 💖

Cheers

Huh, I wondered if you guys have seen this?!

Incredibly high drop in the amount of people being granted citizenship. Obviously Covid has a part to play in this but do you think they will make up the numbers?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200701402-document-released.PDF

48 minutes ago, jennyinoz said:

Huh, I wondered if you guys have seen this?!

Incredibly high drop in the amount of people being granted citizenship. Obviously Covid has a part to play in this but do you think they will make up the numbers?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200701402-document-released.PDF

I certainly hope so but I don't think so, there is so much each staff can do - what surprises me is that WA has started inviting people to attend tests whereas applications in Sydney seem deadly quiet. In my own case, I think waiting for 6 months without hearing a thing about the next step is disappointing..

Good news for WA, QLD, so many test centers are re-opened. I'm praying cos I'm in Melbourne 🙂

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship

Currently, in-person citizenship appointments are available at:

• Department of Home Affairs office, Adelaide SA
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Brisbane QLD
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Canberra ACT
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Cairns QLD
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Darwin NT
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Hobart TAS
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Parramatta NSW
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Perth WA
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Sydney NSW
  • Services Australia office, Albany WA
  • Services Australia office, Bunbury WA
  • Services Australia office, Bundaberg QLD
  • Services Australia office, Geraldton WA
  • Services Australia office, Kalgoorlie WA
  • Services Australia office, Karratha WA
  • Services Australia office, Kawana Waters QLD
  • Services Australia office, Mackay QLD
  • Services Australia office, Mount Isa QLD
  • Services Australia office, Rockhampton QLD
  • Services Australia office, South Hedland WA
  • Services Australia office, Toowoomba QLD
  • Services Australia office, Townsville QLD

On 21/08/2020 at 00:25, garrychandi said:

I am moving to Perth later this year, will be interesting to see how that effects my application

I'm in VIC as well and no hope haha. 1/3 backlog is in Victoria so I'm thinking to relocate now, not sure Brisbane or Sydney :).