Jump to content
04April2017DE

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ting.H said:

Oh, I needed it for paid maternity leave with Centrelink.

Oh my god! I’m in the same boat but didn’t think they would approve for that kind of reason and i’ve been worried I won’t get my ceremony in time! Any chance for me to ask how to asked them? Did you give lots of details or just stated you needed it to be eligible for maternity leave?

Edited by Darkangeldu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Darkangeldu said:

Oh my god! I’m in the same boat but didn’t think they would approve for that kind of reason and i’ve been worried I won’t get my ceremony in time! Any chance for me to ask how to asked them? Did you give lots of details or just stated you needed it to be eligible for maternity leave?

Just DM you. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darkangeldu said:

Hi there! Congrats mate! Can I ask what reason you used for virtual ceremony?

5 hours ago, Ting.H said:

Oh, I needed it for paid maternity leave with Centrelink.

 

6 hours ago, Ting.H said:

Hi! I’m finally an Australian! 🎉

My timeline is as below:

Application submitted: 14 Dec 2020

Citizenship appointment: 30 Apr 2021

Test and Interview: 10 May 2021

**approved same day**

Virtual Ceremony requested: 10 June 2021

Virtual Ceremony granted: 11 June 2021

Virtual ceremony: 26 June 2021

Thank you for your support and everyone who shares their timeline. Good luck with your journey! 

Congrats! What state are you in if u don’t mind me asking??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been a silent reader in this forum. Just sharing my timeline for citizenship by conferral application.

Council: Georges River

Lodge Date: 29 March 2021

Invitation: 9 June 2021

Interview and Exam Schedule: 15 July 2021

Interview and Exam Rescheduled: 16 June 2021

IMMI Account Approved: 16 June 2021

Just waiting for the invitation for ceremony. Hoping those waiting for exam and interview will get theirs soon. It seems that processing is pretty quick this days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VicApplicant said:

 

NSW, Northern Beaches Council 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys, does anyone know what Northern Beaches Council's ceremonies timelines look like? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Darkangeldu said:

Oh my god! I’m in the same boat but didn’t think they would approve for that kind of reason and i’ve been worried I won’t get my ceremony in time! Any chance for me to ask how to asked them? Did you give lots of details or just stated you needed it to be eligible for maternity leave?

Hi Ting.H & Darkangeldu,

Thank you both so much for posting this, I’m also in the same boat took my test 04 June and approved same day so now waiting on Ceremony and Bub is due 03 Nov. 

Could you please also send me the info on the virtual ceremony as so worried I won’t get it in time to get paid maternity leave.

Thanks again :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2021 at 02:12, ZULU2000 said:

Yes 1399 apologies

What for? did you do Military Service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

current status- Further assessment 

I add surname next to my name in 2013 when I was in India. Yesterday DOHA asked me for documentation for change of name because all my school certificates doesn’t have my surname but my passport, DL and other documents does have surname on them.

what sort of documents should I give them? I have cutting of English newspaper from India when I add surname in. 

someone please assist accordingly 

Thank you  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Member58 said:

What for? did you do Military Service?

No not all ,not sure why ? Thought everyone does it ,

 

2 hours ago, Member58 said:

What for? did you do Military Service?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been watching this forum for awhile now.

thought I’d share my timeline.

Applied Citizenship: 02/11/2021

Council: Wollongong, NSW

Invitation: 24/05/2021

Interview/Test Date: 17/06/2021 (took me 6mins lol) at Centrelink - Corrimal, NSW (95%)

Approval: Awaiting

Ceremony: Awaiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigLebo said:

I’ve been watching this forum for awhile now.

thought I’d share my timeline.

Applied Citizenship: 02/11/2021

Council: Wollongong, NSW

Invitation: 24/05/2021

Interview/Test Date: 17/06/2021 (took me 6mins lol) at Centrelink - Corrimal, NSW (95%)

Approval: Awaiting

Ceremony: Awaiting

Idk how to edit a post, But applied for citizenship in 2020, not 2021 haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, sorry for the long shot but I have a question.
My two friends(A&B) and I passed the test and got approved on the same week last February. Earlier this week, friend A received her ceremony invitation for July while friend B and I are still waiting. We made sure that we unlinked each other’s applications. 
A colleague of mine(Friend C) applied for citizenship last March, I think he linked me and friend B to his application. But before his test on April, I told him to ask the officer to unlink our application from his. He then confirmed that he did tell the officer. Unfortunately failed the test and got re-scheduled for today  17/06. I’m not 100% convinced that we were actually unlinked thus resulting for Friend A and I not getting the invite yet. 
 

Sorry but are we just being impatient or is the delay the result of this linking applications? Is there anything I can do to have this fixed? Thank you everyone🥺🙏🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Xavy said:

Hi everyone, sorry for the long shot but I have a question.
My two friends(A&B) and I passed the test and got approved on the same week last February. Earlier this week, friend A received her ceremony invitation for July while friend B and I are still waiting. We made sure that we unlinked each other’s applications. 
A colleague of mine(Friend C) applied for citizenship last March, I think he linked me and friend B to his application. But before his test on April, I told him to ask the officer to unlink our application from his. He then confirmed that he did tell the officer. Unfortunately failed the test and got re-scheduled for today  17/06. I’m not 100% convinced that we were actually unlinked thus resulting for Friend A and I not getting the invite yet. 
 

Sorry but are we just being impatient or is the delay the result of this linking applications? Is there anything I can do to have this fixed? Thank you everyone🥺🙏🏼

Hi Xavy

It really depends in which State / Council you applied for to how long the wait is, I took and passed in Jan 2021 and still waiting (Monash,Victoria), generally based on timelines most are taking 6-7 months from pass date to ceremony.   

 


Agent confirmed 06/07/14, ACS submitted 23/09/14, ACS received 08/10/14, IELTS 22/11/14, EOI 12/12/14, Invite 09/01/15, Application lodged 23/01/15, Police Cert 20/02, medical taken 09/03 completed on eMedical 18/03/15, PR Visa GRANTED 24/03/2015, Arrived Australia 16/08/2015, Applied for Citizenship 19/10/2019, Test Passed 13/01/2021, Ceremony attended in Monash Vic 12/07/2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, just a quick update, went to my Citizenship Ceremony yesterday at Kingston Victoria. 
Thank you for all the information and helps from this place. 
Wishing everyone the best with speedy approval and Ceremony - we will all get there. 

  • Congratulations 1

DOA: 08/05/2020 Place: Melbourne VIC Invited test/interview: 08/04/2021 Test: 20/04/2021 Approved:21/04/2021 Invitation to Ceremony:20/05/2021 Ceremony completed: 17/06/2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, andrewajp002 said:

Hi Xavy

It really depends in which State / Council you applied for to how long the wait is, I took and passed in Jan 2021 and still waiting (Monash,Victoria), generally based on timelines most are taking 6-7 months from pass date to ceremony.   

 

Hi andrewjp002

Thanks for that! Hopefully we could all get our invites soon🙏🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2021 at 12:23, DD2000 said:

 

 

42 minutes ago, cherrygn said:

Hi everyone, just a quick update, went to my Citizenship Ceremony yesterday at Kingston Victoria. 
Thank you for all the information and helps from this place. 
Wishing everyone the best with speedy approval and Ceremony - we will all get there. 

Congrats!! When did you get notified of ceremony? Was it long from approval?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VicApplicant said:

 

Congrats!! When did you get notified of ceremony? Was it long from approval?

Thank you, please check my signature for details. 

  • Congratulations 1

DOA: 08/05/2020 Place: Melbourne VIC Invited test/interview: 08/04/2021 Test: 20/04/2021 Approved:21/04/2021 Invitation to Ceremony:20/05/2021 Ceremony completed: 17/06/2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update on my timeline as I received my citizenship ceremony today much earlier than I anticipated.

Applied April 2020

Test March 2021

Ceremony Invitation received June 2021

Ceremony July 2021

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria - Bayside City Council.

My husband has the same timeline as me but his test was 2 days after mine and he doesn't have his ceremony invitation yet as we unlinked our applications. I'm amazed to get the invitation to the ceremony so soon as it's only 3 months since my test and I'm in Victoria which must have a huge backlog. I just got out of hotel quarantine today so it's a good day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pearplumpie said:

Just an update on my timeline as I received my citizenship ceremony today much earlier than I anticipated.

Applied April 2020

Test March 2021

Ceremony Invitation received June 2021

Ceremony July 2021

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria - Bayside City Council.

My husband has the same timeline as me but his test was 2 days after mine and he doesn't have his ceremony invitation yet as we unlinked our applications. I'm amazed to get the invitation to the ceremony so soon as it's only 3 months since my test and I'm in Victoria which must have a huge backlog. I just got out of hotel quarantine today so it's a good day!

Awesome news for you! Congrats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All ,i just received my test invite (MELBOURNE)Can anyone tell me how to change test date.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/06/2021 at 22:01, Xavy said:

Hi everyone, sorry for the long shot but I have a question.
My two friends(A&B) and I passed the test and got approved on the same week last February. Earlier this week, friend A received her ceremony invitation for July while friend B and I are still waiting. We made sure that we unlinked each other’s applications. 
A colleague of mine(Friend C) applied for citizenship last March, I think he linked me and friend B to his application. But before his test on April, I told him to ask the officer to unlink our application from his. He then confirmed that he did tell the officer. Unfortunately failed the test and got re-scheduled for today  17/06. I’m not 100% convinced that we were actually unlinked thus resulting for Friend A and I not getting the invite yet. 
 

Sorry but are we just being impatient or is the delay the result of this linking applications? Is there anything I can do to have this fixed? Thank you everyone🥺🙏🏼

Just an update, I called DHA and the officer instructed me to e-mail ceremony.act@homeaffairs.com

she unlinked my application from another  friend’s application and I’m finally scheduled for the August 10 ceremony😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2021 at 10:42, cherrygn said:

Thank you, please check my signature for details. 

May I please know your council ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2021 at 18:20, Xavy said:

Just an update, I called DHA and the officer instructed me to e-mail ceremony.act@homeaffairs.com

she unlinked my application from another  friend’s application and I’m finally scheduled for the August 10 ceremony😁

Fantastic is it in person or virtual? Are u based in ACT? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2021 at 14:47, Zare said:

Hi All ,i just received my test invite (MELBOURNE)Can anyone tell me how to change test date.

 

 

 

I believe there is a link in the appendix to the letter … read to the end like back page and I think instructions should be there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×