AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

19 minutes ago, Ting.H said:

Oh, I needed it for paid maternity leave with Centrelink.

Oh my god! I’m in the same boat but didn’t think they would approve for that kind of reason and i’ve been worried I won’t get my ceremony in time! Any chance for me to ask how to asked them? Did you give lots of details or just stated you needed it to be eligible for maternity leave?

Edited by Darkangeldu

51 minutes ago, Darkangeldu said:

Oh my god! I’m in the same boat but didn’t think they would approve for that kind of reason and i’ve been worried I won’t get my ceremony in time! Any chance for me to ask how to asked them? Did you give lots of details or just stated you needed it to be eligible for maternity leave?

Just DM you. 🙂

5 hours ago, Darkangeldu said:

Hi there! Congrats mate! Can I ask what reason you used for virtual ceremony?

5 hours ago, Ting.H said:

Oh, I needed it for paid maternity leave with Centrelink.

6 hours ago, Ting.H said:

Hi! I’m finally an Australian! 🎉

My timeline is as below:

Application submitted: 14 Dec 2020

Citizenship appointment: 30 Apr 2021

Test and Interview: 10 May 2021

**approved same day**

Virtual Ceremony requested: 10 June 2021

Virtual Ceremony granted: 11 June 2021

Virtual ceremony: 26 June 2021

Thank you for your support and everyone who shares their timeline. Good luck with your journey! 

Congrats! What state are you in if u don’t mind me asking??

I’ve been a silent reader in this forum. Just sharing my timeline for citizenship by conferral application.

Council: Georges River

Lodge Date: 29 March 2021

Invitation: 9 June 2021

Interview and Exam Schedule: 15 July 2021

Interview and Exam Rescheduled: 16 June 2021

IMMI Account Approved: 16 June 2021

Just waiting for the invitation for ceremony. Hoping those waiting for exam and interview will get theirs soon. It seems that processing is pretty quick this days.

12 hours ago, Darkangeldu said:

Hi Ting.H & Darkangeldu,

Thank you both so much for posting this, I’m also in the same boat took my test 04 June and approved same day so now waiting on Ceremony and Bub is due 03 Nov. 

Could you please also send me the info on the virtual ceremony as so worried I won’t get it in time to get paid maternity leave.

Thanks again :) 

Hi Guys,

current status- Further assessment 

I add surname next to my name in 2013 when I was in India. Yesterday DOHA asked me for documentation for change of name because all my school certificates doesn’t have my surname but my passport, DL and other documents does have surname on them.

what sort of documents should I give them? I have cutting of English newspaper from India when I add surname in. 

someone please assist accordingly 

Thank you  

I’ve been watching this forum for awhile now.

thought I’d share my timeline.

Applied Citizenship: 02/11/2021

Council: Wollongong, NSW

Invitation: 24/05/2021

Interview/Test Date: 17/06/2021 (took me 6mins lol) at Centrelink - Corrimal, NSW (95%)

Approval: Awaiting

Ceremony: Awaiting

Just now, BigLebo said:

I’ve been watching this forum for awhile now.

thought I’d share my timeline.

Applied Citizenship: 02/11/2021

Council: Wollongong, NSW

Invitation: 24/05/2021

Interview/Test Date: 17/06/2021 (took me 6mins lol) at Centrelink - Corrimal, NSW (95%)

Approval: Awaiting

Ceremony: Awaiting

Idk how to edit a post, But applied for citizenship in 2020, not 2021 haha

Hi everyone, sorry for the long shot but I have a question.
My two friends(A&B) and I passed the test and got approved on the same week last February. Earlier this week, friend A received her ceremony invitation for July while friend B and I are still waiting. We made sure that we unlinked each other’s applications. 
A colleague of mine(Friend C) applied for citizenship last March, I think he linked me and friend B to his application. But before his test on April, I told him to ask the officer to unlink our application from his. He then confirmed that he did tell the officer. Unfortunately failed the test and got re-scheduled for today  17/06. I’m not 100% convinced that we were actually unlinked thus resulting for Friend A and I not getting the invite yet. 

Sorry but are we just being impatient or is the delay the result of this linking applications? Is there anything I can do to have this fixed? Thank you everyone🥺🙏🏼

10 hours ago, Xavy said:

My two friends(A&B) and I passed the test and got approved on the same week last February. Earlier this week, friend A received her ceremony invitation for July while friend B and I are still waiting. We made sure that we unlinked each other’s applications. 
A colleague of mine(Friend C) applied for citizenship last March, I think he linked me and friend B to his application. But before his test on April, I told him to ask the officer to unlink our application from his. He then confirmed that he did tell the officer. Unfortunately failed the test and got re-scheduled for today  17/06. I’m not 100% convinced that we were actually unlinked thus resulting for Friend A and I not getting the invite yet. 

Sorry but are we just being impatient or is the delay the result of this linking applications? Is there anything I can do to have this fixed? Thank you everyone🥺🙏🏼

Hi Xavy

It really depends in which State / Council you applied for to how long the wait is, I took and passed in Jan 2021 and still waiting (Monash,Victoria), generally based on timelines most are taking 6-7 months from pass date to ceremony.   

Hi everyone, just a quick update, went to my Citizenship Ceremony yesterday at Kingston Victoria. 
Thank you for all the information and helps from this place. 
Wishing everyone the best with speedy approval and Ceremony - we will all get there. 

• Congratulations 1

52 minutes ago, andrewajp002 said:

Hi Xavy

It really depends in which State / Council you applied for to how long the wait is, I took and passed in Jan 2021 and still waiting (Monash,Victoria), generally based on timelines most are taking 6-7 months from pass date to ceremony.   

Hi andrewjp002

Thanks for that! Hopefully we could all get our invites soon🙏🏼

On 14/05/2021 at 12:23, DD2000 said:

42 minutes ago, cherrygn said:

Hi everyone, just a quick update, went to my Citizenship Ceremony yesterday at Kingston Victoria. 
Thank you for all the information and helps from this place. 
Wishing everyone the best with speedy approval and Ceremony - we will all get there. 

Congrats!! When did you get notified of ceremony? Was it long from approval?

Just an update on my timeline as I received my citizenship ceremony today much earlier than I anticipated.

Applied April 2020

Test March 2021

Ceremony Invitation received June 2021

Ceremony July 2021

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria - Bayside City Council.

My husband has the same timeline as me but his test was 2 days after mine and he doesn't have his ceremony invitation yet as we unlinked our applications. I'm amazed to get the invitation to the ceremony so soon as it's only 3 months since my test and I'm in Victoria which must have a huge backlog. I just got out of hotel quarantine today so it's a good day!

2 hours ago, pearplumpie said:

Just an update on my timeline as I received my citizenship ceremony today much earlier than I anticipated.

Applied April 2020

Test March 2021

Ceremony Invitation received June 2021

Ceremony July 2021

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria - Bayside City Council.

My husband has the same timeline as me but his test was 2 days after mine and he doesn't have his ceremony invitation yet as we unlinked our applications. I'm amazed to get the invitation to the ceremony so soon as it's only 3 months since my test and I'm in Victoria which must have a huge backlog. I just got out of hotel quarantine today so it's a good day!

Awesome news for you! Congrats 

On 17/06/2021 at 22:01, Xavy said:

Just an update, I called DHA and the officer instructed me to e-mail ceremony.act@homeaffairs.com

she unlinked my application from another  friend’s application and I’m finally scheduled for the August 10 ceremony😁

On 19/06/2021 at 18:20, Xavy said:

Just an update, I called DHA and the officer instructed me to e-mail ceremony.act@homeaffairs.com

she unlinked my application from another  friend’s application and I’m finally scheduled for the August 10 ceremony😁

Fantastic is it in person or virtual? Are u based in ACT? 

On 19/06/2021 at 14:47, Zare said:

Hi All ,i just received my test invite (MELBOURNE)Can anyone tell me how to change test date.

I believe there is a link in the appendix to the letter … read to the end like back page and I think instructions should be there!