AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 08/06/2021 at 22:25, Natoskiii22 said:

Everytime i call the Department they say i'm within timelines and they cant check my application and i have to wait,  i did ask for FOI and received the results and all screenshots showed all green and No matches in any of the security checks , which means all going well and nothing pending. but no approval 

Hi, I've been waiting for approval since March. How did you apply for FOI?

Hello, anyone who got the ceremony dates in the Parramatta council, can you please let me know when was your citizenship approved in immiaccount? Just want to understand the time its taking these days.

Mine:

Application date: 15 Sep 2020

Appointment letter: 30 Mar 2021

Test date: 10 May 2021

Additional info requested: 12 Apr 2021

Approved: 17 May 2021

Approval mail received: 25 May 2021

Ceremony date: TBD

Council: Parramatta NSW

Hello Everyone,

I was lurking the whole time here and I wanted to share my timeline.

Application date: 9 Mar 2020

Appointment letter:  09 Feb 2021

Rescheduled Test date: 19 Feb 2021

Approved: 19 Feb 2021

Approval mail received: after 2 weeks

Ceremony date: 30 Jul 2021

Council: Sutherland NSW

I have friends from Blacktown City council, they have similar timeline as mine, they got their ceremony invites for later this month.

Hi I’m using this forum from last 7 years & its always helpful tO me.

Now I m waiting for my citizenship ceremony from last 4.5 months in Wyndham city council victoria.

Here is some important update if some in same boat as well. Thanks

408CEC0A-0676-4AA7-9EE7-48A248FB124C.jpeg

A933518F-D7DF-43D0-A1C4-46B49F3FDD61.jpeg

F43DC4E9-6414-42A3-8895-54D4BF32C997.jpeg

14 hours ago, Natoskiii22 said:

just send an email to foi@homeaffairs.gov.au with filled form 424A

Hi mate, 

May I ask how long have you waited for the FOI response since you requested usually? Thank you.

I now believe that the regional areas take much longer to 'approve' than the more built up urban areas, based on what I am reading here. Most people in the big cities seem to have their status advance d to 'approved' almost immediately after completing the test. But in the more regional areas? It appears to be a matter of months, which is unfortunate. Such a large disparity and lack of efficiency between regional and urban Australia.

Voyons, c'est la vie je suppose.

Edited by Canada2Australia

1 hour ago, hish said:

Does anyone know how the notification for ceremony is received? is it a physical mail or an email notification? 

Does the status also show up in immi account ?

Depends on the council, ours didn’t show in immi account as it was organised by our local council.  We got an invite in the post not an e mail. Some do both some just e mail. Some councils do several ceremonies a month some do one every other month depending on numbers. Your local council website should have some info. 

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

Depends on the council, ours didn’t show in immi account as it was organised by our local council.  We got an invite in the post not an e mail. Some do both some just e mail. Some councils do several ceremonies a month some do one every other month depending on numbers. Your local council website should have some info. 

thanks

1 hour ago, AlmostOZ said:

Hi all,

Has anyone gotten a Text message reminder for the Citizenship Appointment?
I got one, Since I have not heard that before I am wondering if that's normal for everyone?

Regards,

Hi,

yes they send text message reminders couple of times. It's the technology.

Hello everyone - 

Would appreciate some guidance on the test. Please see my questions below.

1. How long does it take to prepare for the test?

2. I will learn the anthem before the ceremony. Do we need to memorise the anthem for the test?

3. Are the sample questions given at the end of the booklet representative? Are there any other reliable practice tests available online?

Thank you

3 hours ago, Lin2020 said:

Hello everyone - 

Would appreciate some guidance on the test. Please see my questions below.

1. How long does it take to prepare for the test?

2. I will learn the anthem before the ceremony. Do we need to memorise the anthem for the test?

3. Are the sample questions given at the end of the booklet representative? Are there any other reliable practice tests available online?

Thank you

1. Start preparing now, read the “Our Common Bond” booklet.  https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship-subsite/files/our-common-bond-testable.pdf

2. The anthem is irrelevant. You won’t need it neither for the interview or the ceremony. No need to memorize it. 

3. Do the DoHA test on their website. The questions are very similar. The values questions are common sense, really. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/prepare-for-test/practice-test-new

Application date: 25/07/2020

Invitation to test: 9/03/2021

Test date: 30/04/2021 Launceston

Approval: Awaiting

Ceremony: Awaiting

It has been nearly two months now since I took the test. I read from some others and they got the approval on the same date as the test. I have been waiting for nearly two months now and my application status on the Immi Account is still "Received". My application is for the Citizenship by Conferral. Is it normal?