AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

6 hours ago, Member58 said:

I think once you've got that "Further Assessment", it's an indication for a long wait. I'm same as you stuck in Further Assessment since 3rd of March.

Are you still offshore? Any correspondences related to your further assessment status?

Hi guys one of my friend in Adelaide (Charles Sturt Counsil) applied with his family of 4 on 15th of April 21 and already got test date and interview last week. I applied on 21st but haven’t heard anything yet. Is there an email to contact the department, Thanks

6 minutes ago, mukesh665544 said:

Hi guys one of my friend in Adelaide (Charles Sturt Counsil) applied with his family of 4 on 15th of April 21 and already got test date and interview last week. I applied on 21st but haven’t heard anything yet. Is there an email to contact the department, Thanks

I don't think you can expedite it, your friends quick response is an exception rather than the rule as so many people are waiting unto a year for a test date. I applied in October and only sat my exam yesterday. Very few people seem to have quick turnarounds. 

31 minutes ago, mukesh665544 said:

Call Home Affairs, but I think it’s a waste of everybody’s time. You’re still within the waiting time, so they’ll just tell you to wait. 

43 minutes ago, mukesh665544 said:

Just like how some people within a ANZSCO code may receive an invitation/get visa grant much faster than others.

On 27/05/2021 at 11:31, Chennaiguy said:

Absolutely slooooowwww.. I mean, you will get a test invite and approval within 3-5 months from the date of lodgement. However, the ceremony will take way too long from there. I know someone who applied in Jan 2020 and approved in Sep 2020 just had ceremony 3 days back. I got approved in Nov  2020 - still no glimpse of ceremony invite as the next ceremony is only at July. 😞 

BCC has done only 3 ceremonies so far in 2021.

I got approved Nov-2020 as well and still have not received ceremony invites...

I called DoHA last month, but it was futile... I just got told that the current waiting times from Approval to Ceremony is 7months... so basically, I'm still within the waiting times.

On 14/04/2021 at 11:36, PaulPaul said:

The 1 April citizenship ceremony in Brisbane has been postponed twice. No one bothers to tell the new date. Brisbane City Council hasn't conducted any ceremonies for nearly 3 months.

It is wrong to keep people in the dark...besides those who have been submitted their application later are going to the ceremony sooner which is not fair. They said, they sent invitations for Apr 19 but there is no news for those who supposed to attend the 1 April ceremony.  

I think we need to ask Brisbane City Council and demand a new ceremony date. Contacting/sending an email to Central Ward Councillor and local MP may be helpful.

What was the reason for those ceremonies getting postponed?

I have been waiting for my ceremony invite since Nov2020... haven't heard anything..

If there a way we can do a follow-up?

Does anyone know, once you pass your citizenship test, are you formally notified if you have been officially approved as being eligible for a citizenship ceremony or is it just presumed that you have been approved and are simply waiting for an invite to attend a local citizenship ceremony? Just a bit confused on how that process works. 

6 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Does anyone know, once you pass your citizenship test, are you formally notified if you have been officially approved as being eligible for a citizenship ceremony or is it just presumed that you have been approved and are simply waiting for an invite to attend a local citizenship ceremony? Just a bit confused on how that process works. 

Immi account status changes from Received to Approved and in most cases, we do receive a mail in post.

Finally got my ceremony invite!

PR grant 8 Feb 2019

Citizenship Application lodged 9 Feb 2020

Test Invite Email 9 December 2020

Scheduled Test date / Interview 9 Jan 2021

Rescheduled 18 Dec 2020

Approved same day 18 Dec 2020

Ceremony invite email 4 June 2021

Ceremony date 24 June 2021

———

Application Lodgement to test/approval 10 months.

Approval to Ceremony day 6 months.

———

Sydney NSW Waverley Council  

• Congratulations 1

56 minutes ago, Bondi797 said:

PR grant 8 Feb 2019

Rescheduled 18 Dec 2020

———

———

Wow....Congrats

Quick turnaround maybe things are speeding up!

PR grant -  19 Feb 2020

Citizenship Application lodged - 19 Feb 2021

Test Invite Email - 21 May 2021 

Scheduled Test date / Interview - 22 June  2021

Rescheduled - 04 June 2021 

Approved same day - 04 June 2021

Ceremony invite email - ???

Ceremony date - ???

———

820 Visa - 06 Sep 2016 applied

820 Visa - 06 Sept 2017 approved

801 Visa - 18 Aug 2018 applied 

801 Visa - 19 Feb 2020 approved 

———

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bondi797 said:

PR grant 8 Feb 2019

Rescheduled 18 Dec 2020

———

———

Congratulations !!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I applied in the beginning of December for my citizenship from WA, on Monday the department of immigration send me a request to fill form 1399. Anyone get any requests to fill this form, and usually how much the wait time after submitting it to get invitation for test.

Cheers

Edited by ndaan_100

On 04/06/2021 at 13:57, MNB said:

Immi account status changes from Received to Approved and in most cases, we do receive a mail in post.

Yeah, I had my test a week and a half ago, passed with flying colours, and my status is still on 'received'. IMO, there is no reason why I wasn't approved that day or within 24 hours of writing the test.

Wait time for the ceremony? That I understand.

This? That's pretty weak and demonstrate a flaw in the most basic aspects of the Citizenship process.

Edited by Canada2Australia

35 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Yeah, I had my test a week and a half ago, passed with flying colours, and my status is still on 'received'. IMO, there is no reason why I wasn't approved that day or within 24 hours of writing the test.

Wait time for the ceremony? That I understand.

This? That's pretty weak and demonstrate a flaw in the most basic aspects of the Citizenship process.

Don’t take it personally. Lots of people I know and myself included had to wait 8 weeks for approval. No apparent reason for the wait either. If you did your test through a centrelink rather than Home Affairs, that also delays approval as the whole process is done differently. The approval bit has to do with ID verification.

Read this https://www.anao.gov.au/work/performance-audit/verifying-identity-citizenship-program

Edited by Randall

Hi all,

I have finally received my ceremony invitation. Please see my timeline below and some of the key details I would like to share with you all.

Citizenship lodge date : 13th Jan 2020

Test / interview date : 9th Dec 2020 (Sydney city)

Approval : 9th Dec 2020

Ceremony date : 16th June 2021

Council : Ku-ring-gai

Something that I want to inform is that like some others I have not received any email from immi with regards to citizenship invitation. I have received the invitation directly from the council through standard post. No email notifications with regards to this have been received.

So in my experience all the timelines above have been in alignment with what has been mentioned in the immi page.

Hope the above helps. 

All the best everybody 🙂

• Congratulations 2