Jump to content
04April2017DE

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

Recommended Posts

Anyone been invited to an upcoming ceremony in Waverley or Woolarah Council recently? And what was their timeline from approval.

 

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m happy to share my timeline here with you guys, as I’m sure every one of you who waiting either for ceremony or test invitations sneakyly checking or looking messages here 🙂.  Don’t worry everyone of you will be citizen either sooner or later. Just be patient... 

 

so I applied on 28 of January 2021 

 

received invitation for Test and interview on 17 of mayis for 15 of June . 
 

reschedule for 20 of may ( pass the test and approved the same day ) 

offfice : parramatta Sydney 

now waiting for ceremony; pending 

 

any comment about how long ceremony take would be highly appreciated as I’m planning to go uni and get vet student help if possible ( I can not be eligible unless I’m citizen and I can’t effort uni financially now ) 

 

 

for those who wonder what they ask in interviews ( just bring your original passport, Australian driver licence if you have, Medicare if possible, and your own national id original one, they don’t need the original translations, as you already done it probably digitally.. so don’t worry... 

 

those I have mentioned if you bring, you will be fine.. ( also if you change your name, you need to have prove of change ) 

 

cheers 

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any comment about how to fasten the ceremony date ? Should I give them a buzz? I really want to start uni this end of July ( I need to have citizenship by mid of July to be able to apply uni ) 

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Naberlan! said:

Any comment about how to fasten the ceremony date ? Should I give them a buzz? I really want to start uni this end of July ( I need to have citizenship by mid of July to be able to apply uni ) 

 

I managed to request for virtual ceremony with the same reason for needing to apply for HECS-HELP loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone tell me whether the time a person is allowed to apply for Citizenship is 4 years from date of arriving or 4 years from residency being given? We are seniors and came here 8 months before our 143 was granted on a 12 month 600 visa.


CPV 143 lodgement 09.04.15, Acknowledged 11.05.15, tax invoice/receipt 17.05.15

AOS document submitted Centrelink 20.10.17, medicals 24.10.17,  Forms 80 submitted 31.10.17 UK & Aus police penal clearances submitted 03.11.17   AOS letter from Centrelink received 08/12/17 Commonwealth bank appt. & payment of AOS 09/12/17  Docs taken to Centrelink 11/12/17  AOS acceptance letter received 22/12/17  Final payment requested 12/03/18  Visa granted 04/04/2018 !

Heading for NSW central coast area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Can someone tell me whether the time a person is allowed to apply for Citizenship is 4 years from date of arriving or 4 years from residency being given? We are seniors and came here 8 months before our 143 was granted on a 12 month 600 visa.

Not sure in your case? But we were here on a long term temporary retirement visa for many years, and only had to wait for one year as PR before we could apply for citizenship. Likewise my daughter could apply for citizenship, 1 year after PR granted after living here waiting for on the onshore partner visa.  Hope someone can clarify for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Can someone tell me whether the time a person is allowed to apply for Citizenship is 4 years from date of arriving or 4 years from residency being given? We are seniors and came here 8 months before our 143 was granted on a 12 month 600 visa.

You’ll need to have been here for four years on any kind of visa. One out of these four years should be as a permanent resident. 

If you’ve been here for four years and have been a permanent resident for more than one, then you can apply for citizenship. To be sure, all you have to do is try to lodge an application. The application page on immi website won’t let you proceed if you’re not eligible. 

Edited by Randall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi-

We applied last july for citizenship and have now received interview and test date in July 2021. I started a new job in March. Do I need to go and upload anything on my immiaccount application page? Should I just upload a short letter and employment contract? Or is there any other form or process I need to use?

Thank you so much

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lin2020 said:

Hi-

We applied last july for citizenship and have now received interview and test date in July 2021. I started a new job in March. Do I need to go and upload anything on my immiaccount application page? Should I just upload a short letter and employment contract? Or is there any other form or process I need to use?

Thank you so much

 

 

Your new job is irrelevant. No need to upload anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LT85 said:

I managed to request for virtual ceremony with the same reason for needing to apply for HECS-HELP loan.

Thank you for your comment, 

I check the details for virtual ceremony request email,

virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au

 

appear to be not working, I’m sending email, but it said the message couldn’t deliver. I believe they cancel the email or they have change it, 

 

could you please let me know where I can email r call about virtual ceremony ? Is the virtual ceremony still going on in NSW ? 
 

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Naberlan! said:

Thank you for your comment, 

I check the details for virtual ceremony request email,

virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au

 

appear to be not working, I’m sending email, but it said the message couldn’t deliver. I believe they cancel the email or they have change it, 

 

could you please let me know where I can email r call about virtual ceremony ? Is the virtual ceremony still going on in NSW ? 
 

thanks 

Try virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au and make sure you explain your situation and attached the letter of offer from the uni.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyone on here still waiting for approval after completing their test in Darwin on 31 March 2021?

I see so many people on here got approved on the same day and then I am not sure if I should be concerned for still not waiting for approval since March... 😌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LT85 said:

I managed to request for virtual ceremony with the same reason for needing to apply for HECS-HELP loan.

So. Was it successful and in which council ?

And how long u waited between approval and ceremony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2021 at 08:35, rammygirl said:

Yes. Any processing times are average throughout the country.  My son applied this Feb in Canberra and has his test next week.  There is also variations in ceremony dates depending which council you are in and how many ceremonies they have. Melbourne have a backlog because testing wasn’t done in lockdown for example.

 

@rammygirl I applied on 27th April from Canberra and haven't heard anything back yet. Just wondering how long will it take for me to hear anything back from them. Would you kindly share your son's time line please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Melbournian said:

So. Was it successful and in which council ?

And how long u waited between approval and ceremony 

Yeah, had my virtual ceremony on the 20 May, I was approved on 8 April, requested for VC on 29 April, got the invite on 5 May. Bayside Council, NSW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ramot said:

Not sure in your case? But we were here on a long term temporary retirement visa for many years, and only had to wait for one year as PR before we could apply for citizenship. Likewise my daughter could apply for citizenship, 1 year after PR granted after living here waiting for on the onshore partner visa.  Hope someone can clarify for you. 

Thank you for responding Ramot, I know the rules changed just trying to work out when we can apply.


CPV 143 lodgement 09.04.15, Acknowledged 11.05.15, tax invoice/receipt 17.05.15

AOS document submitted Centrelink 20.10.17, medicals 24.10.17,  Forms 80 submitted 31.10.17 UK & Aus police penal clearances submitted 03.11.17   AOS letter from Centrelink received 08/12/17 Commonwealth bank appt. & payment of AOS 09/12/17  Docs taken to Centrelink 11/12/17  AOS acceptance letter received 22/12/17  Final payment requested 12/03/18  Visa granted 04/04/2018 !

Heading for NSW central coast area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Randall said:

You’ll need to have been here for four years on any kind of visa. One out of these four years should be as a permanent resident. 

If you’ve been here for four years and have been a permanent resident for more than one, then you can apply for citizenship. To be sure, all you have to do is try to lodge an application. The application page on immi website won’t let you proceed if you’re not eligible. 

Than you Randall, that’s good news looks like we can apply. 😀


CPV 143 lodgement 09.04.15, Acknowledged 11.05.15, tax invoice/receipt 17.05.15

AOS document submitted Centrelink 20.10.17, medicals 24.10.17,  Forms 80 submitted 31.10.17 UK & Aus police penal clearances submitted 03.11.17   AOS letter from Centrelink received 08/12/17 Commonwealth bank appt. & payment of AOS 09/12/17  Docs taken to Centrelink 11/12/17  AOS acceptance letter received 22/12/17  Final payment requested 12/03/18  Visa granted 04/04/2018 !

Heading for NSW central coast area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IMA said:

@rammygirl I applied on 27th April from Canberra and haven't heard anything back yet. Just wondering how long will it take for me to hear anything back from them. Would you kindly share your son's time line please. 

As above applied mid feb and was invited for test late April test date was mid May and he is awaiting ceremony date now. 
I don’t have exact dates but looks like you might hear June/July re test date. 

  • Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Cumberland NSW council for their citizenship ceremony? 🙂

Thanks!


 

Citizenship Application

Date of applied          21/07/2020

Current Visa              186 TRT

Invitation                     19 Feb 2021

Test Date                     19 March 2021

Approval                      Approved

Ceremony                   Awaiting

PR Visa Application

Occupation: Marketing Specialist
State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 186 TRT

Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 
Nomination applied: 30 January 2019 
Visa Application submitted: 18 April 2019 (Police Checks and Medical already provided)

ENS 186 Nomination approved on 19 June 2019
IMMI Status: FINALISED

Visa Approved: 01 July 2019

NOTE: I applied for my first TRT in Feb 2018. However, my nomination was refused (January 2019. Previous 186 Visa Application was withdrawn.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from Cumberland council 😞

My wife and I gave test on 30th January, she was approved same day however mine was approved after 2 months 30th March.

Not heard anything about the ceremony. Not sure, if our ceremony will be based on 30th Jan or 30th March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HiptoniX said:

Is there anyone on here still waiting for approval after completing their test in Darwin on 31 March 2021?

I see so many people on here got approved on the same day and then I am not sure if I should be concerned for still not waiting for approval since March... 😌

I'm in Sydney Parramatta, waiting for approval since 25th March 2021, i thought Darwin would be quicker  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HiptoniX said:

Is there anyone on here still waiting for approval after completing their test in Darwin on 31 March 2021?

I see so many people on here got approved on the same day and then I am not sure if I should be concerned for still not waiting for approval since March... 😌

Well, I'm from Sydney Parramatta and I think I'm holding a record here, been waiting since 3rd of March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Member58 said:

Well, I'm from Sydney Parramatta and I think I'm holding a record here, been waiting since 3rd of March.

Have you requested FOI ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Natoskiii22 said:

Have you requested FOI ? 

No I haven't yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×