AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

I’m happy to share my timeline here with you guys, as I’m sure every one of you who waiting either for ceremony or test invitations sneakyly checking or looking messages here 🙂.  Don’t worry everyone of you will be citizen either sooner or later. Just be patient... 

so I applied on 28 of January 2021 

received invitation for Test and interview on 17 of mayis for 15 of June . 

reschedule for 20 of may ( pass the test and approved the same day ) 

offfice : parramatta Sydney 

now waiting for ceremony; pending 

any comment about how long ceremony take would be highly appreciated as I’m planning to go uni and get vet student help if possible ( I can not be eligible unless I’m citizen and I can’t effort uni financially now ) 

for those who wonder what they ask in interviews ( just bring your original passport, Australian driver licence if you have, Medicare if possible, and your own national id original one, they don’t need the original translations, as you already done it probably digitally.. so don’t worry... 

those I have mentioned if you bring, you will be fine.. ( also if you change your name, you need to have prove of change ) 

cheers 

10 hours ago, Naberlan! said:

Any comment about how to fasten the ceremony date ? Should I give them a buzz? I really want to start uni this end of July ( I need to have citizenship by mid of July to be able to apply uni ) 

I managed to request for virtual ceremony with the same reason for needing to apply for HECS-HELP loan.

30 minutes ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Can someone tell me whether the time a person is allowed to apply for Citizenship is 4 years from date of arriving or 4 years from residency being given? We are seniors and came here 8 months before our 143 was granted on a 12 month 600 visa.

Not sure in your case? But we were here on a long term temporary retirement visa for many years, and only had to wait for one year as PR before we could apply for citizenship. Likewise my daughter could apply for citizenship, 1 year after PR granted after living here waiting for on the onshore partner visa.  Hope someone can clarify for you. 

41 minutes ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Can someone tell me whether the time a person is allowed to apply for Citizenship is 4 years from date of arriving or 4 years from residency being given? We are seniors and came here 8 months before our 143 was granted on a 12 month 600 visa.

You’ll need to have been here for four years on any kind of visa. One out of these four years should be as a permanent resident. 

If you’ve been here for four years and have been a permanent resident for more than one, then you can apply for citizenship. To be sure, all you have to do is try to lodge an application. The application page on immi website won’t let you proceed if you’re not eligible. 

Edited by Randall

Hi-

We applied last july for citizenship and have now received interview and test date in July 2021. I started a new job in March. Do I need to go and upload anything on my immiaccount application page? Should I just upload a short letter and employment contract? Or is there any other form or process I need to use?

Thank you so much

2 minutes ago, Lin2020 said:

Hi-

We applied last july for citizenship and have now received interview and test date in July 2021. I started a new job in March. Do I need to go and upload anything on my immiaccount application page? Should I just upload a short letter and employment contract? Or is there any other form or process I need to use?

Thank you so much

Your new job is irrelevant. No need to upload anything. 

8 hours ago, LT85 said:

I managed to request for virtual ceremony with the same reason for needing to apply for HECS-HELP loan.

Thank you for your comment, 

I check the details for virtual ceremony request email,

virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au

appear to be not working, I’m sending email, but it said the message couldn’t deliver. I believe they cancel the email or they have change it, 

could you please let me know where I can email r call about virtual ceremony ? Is the virtual ceremony still going on in NSW ? 

thanks 

4 minutes ago, Naberlan! said:

Thank you for your comment, 

I check the details for virtual ceremony request email,

virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au

appear to be not working, I’m sending email, but it said the message couldn’t deliver. I believe they cancel the email or they have change it, 

could you please let me know where I can email r call about virtual ceremony ? Is the virtual ceremony still going on in NSW ? 

thanks 

Try virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au and make sure you explain your situation and attached the letter of offer from the uni.

Is there anyone on here still waiting for approval after completing their test in Darwin on 31 March 2021?

I see so many people on here got approved on the same day and then I am not sure if I should be concerned for still not waiting for approval since March... 😌

On 09/05/2021 at 08:35, rammygirl said:

Yes. Any processing times are average throughout the country.  My son applied this Feb in Canberra and has his test next week.  There is also variations in ceremony dates depending which council you are in and how many ceremonies they have. Melbourne have a backlog because testing wasn’t done in lockdown for example.

@rammygirl I applied on 27th April from Canberra and haven't heard anything back yet. Just wondering how long will it take for me to hear anything back from them. Would you kindly share your son's time line please. 

7 hours ago, Melbournian said:

So. Was it successful and in which council ?

And how long u waited between approval and ceremony 

Yeah, had my virtual ceremony on the 20 May, I was approved on 8 April, requested for VC on 29 April, got the invite on 5 May. Bayside Council, NSW

20 hours ago, ramot said:

Not sure in your case? But we were here on a long term temporary retirement visa for many years, and only had to wait for one year as PR before we could apply for citizenship. Likewise my daughter could apply for citizenship, 1 year after PR granted after living here waiting for on the onshore partner visa.  Hope someone can clarify for you. 

Thank you for responding Ramot, I know the rules changed just trying to work out when we can apply.

20 hours ago, Randall said:

You’ll need to have been here for four years on any kind of visa. One out of these four years should be as a permanent resident. 

If you’ve been here for four years and have been a permanent resident for more than one, then you can apply for citizenship. To be sure, all you have to do is try to lodge an application. The application page on immi website won’t let you proceed if you’re not eligible. 

Than you Randall, that’s good news looks like we can apply. 😀

2 hours ago, IMA said:

@rammygirl I applied on 27th April from Canberra and haven't heard anything back yet. Just wondering how long will it take for me to hear anything back from them. Would you kindly share your son's time line please. 

As above applied mid feb and was invited for test late April test date was mid May and he is awaiting ceremony date now. 
I don’t have exact dates but looks like you might hear June/July re test date. 

• Like 1

from Cumberland council 😞

My wife and I gave test on 30th January, she was approved same day however mine was approved after 2 months 30th March.

Not heard anything about the ceremony. Not sure, if our ceremony will be based on 30th Jan or 30th March.

13 hours ago, HiptoniX said:

Is there anyone on here still waiting for approval after completing their test in Darwin on 31 March 2021?

I see so many people on here got approved on the same day and then I am not sure if I should be concerned for still not waiting for approval since March... 😌

I'm in Sydney Parramatta, waiting for approval since 25th March 2021, i thought Darwin would be quicker  

15 hours ago, HiptoniX said:

Well, I'm from Sydney Parramatta and I think I'm holding a record here, been waiting since 3rd of March.