AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

2 hours ago, galisuman said:

Just a question to Indian applicants.. have you submitted police clearance certificates in your applications. How much time did it take you to get the PCC letter from VFS. Please let me know 

AFAIK, you dont need PCC from overseas countries for Citizenship applications unless you spent more than a year in that country since your PR was grant. 

Hello Guys:

I am about to apply for the citizenship and currently confused.

I have a son who is 21 years of age.

He is going to apply on a separate application using my immi account.

My question is on page 9/34.

It says "Does the applicant have children including any who may be deceased?" 

YES/NO??

I should select NO, because my son is already 21 years of age and not a child anymore.

Am i correct?

Sorry for this question, but i got used to answer "yes i have a child or children" on my previous application i made before he turned 18.

I am also worried that if i answer NO, i am not declaring that i have a son, which confuses me if i have to select NO.

Is anyone here on the same situation (with a son/daughter) 18 or over when you apply for the citizenship?

Thank you and i wish you all the very best and stay safe.

Cheers

On 28/08/2020 at 22:21, Danny842003 said:

Yes as far as I know if you mentioned the city you will have to wait until they’re up and running. 
I imagine Para are running at a lower capacity so they won’t want to take on work from another centre. 

do you know what happens in case we haven't mentioned council?

On 04/09/2020 at 12:54, Chennaiguy said:

AFAIK, you dont need PCC from overseas countries for Citizenship applications unless you spent more than a year in that country since your PR was grant. 

According to the Aus govt website, if you have spent more than a year outside Australia since your PR visa was granted, you need police clearance from every country where you have spent more than 90 days continuously since your eighteenth birthday.

Anyone know if speeding fines might have a bearing on citizenship? I got a few fines and was offered a probationary period during which if I got more fines I would be off the road. The alternative was a short time off the road. I opted for the former and didn't get any fines.

I now haven't had any fines in 3 years. Will this have a bearing on my application?

Hey Guys, just to share you all an update to my application 😊

I applied mid March 2020 and got text sms invite from DOHA on Tues 8 Sep to do the test next week! It looks like the dept is moving fast to process the backlog due to covid.

I am based in Adelaide and now preparing for the exam 😅

I'm studying the material Australian Citizenship: Our Common Bond and doing the practice test from https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/prepare-for-test/practice-test

Can you guys suggest any other practice test that are worth doing so I can nail this? 😁

Much appreciated!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, milky said:

I applied mid March 2020 and got text sms invite from DOHA on Tues 8 Sep to do the test next week! It looks like the dept is moving fast to process the backlog due to covid.

I'm studying the material Australian Citizenship: Our Common Bond and doing the practice test from https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/prepare-for-test/practice-test

Can you guys suggest any other practice test that are worth doing so I can nail this? 😁

Much appreciated!

congrats, which city council does your application belong? 

1 minute ago, milky said:

Much appreciated!

Good news - that was quick! Me and my husband took the test on Friday in Perth and it was very easy. Sorry I can't recommend any other practice tests but everything you need really is in the common bond booklet/video. I watched the video and read the booklet the day before and then read the booklet on the morning of the test so it was fresh in my mind - we both managed to get 100%. Our tests had different questions so it was random. If you memorise the booklet as best you can you should be fine. Good luck! 

32 minutes ago, feroz khan said:

Hi Guys,

I applied for my citizenship by conferral via immi account on the 7th of June 2020.

Could anyone please tell me how long will it take roughly to get the invitation for the test date?

Mate it really depends where you applied from and your own personal circumstances. Among the latest threads, we have seen people get invitations within 3 and 4 months after applying early this year. I applied March in Sydney, deadly quiet

Question. 

As mentioned,  most regional teat centres are still closed. However can they choose to have you come to one of the other open centres (closest to you) to conduct the tests? Or will they just wait until the regional test centres are opened again? 

Just curious.

Edited by Canada2Australia

On 06/09/2020 at 00:10, someluckyclover said:

Are date of absence (short holidays) counted to the totality of 4 years? 

Yes you do. If you go to the IMI website there’s a Calculator that allows you to add all the dates you have been outside Australia since your visa was validated. come to that, there’s one on this thread somewhere.