AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

4 hours ago, rammygirl said:

They are not trick questions just answer honestly.
 Give dates as best as you can remember of all travel outside Aus for the last 10 years. They are trying to establish if you will require a police check from other countries (dependent on the time you have spent there).

Put your current occupation.

Yes you are resident of Australia.

Some questions do seem repetitive but are straightforward, just answer them honestly .

thank you . Will do that.

4 hours ago, Randall said:

1. Yes, you have. The answer would be no if you'd come here before 1990 and had never left Australia. 

2. Yes, just enter the name. No ANZSCO code needed. 

3. Only Australia if Australia is your only country of residence. 

4. If you've never been to any other countries apart from Australia, all you need to add is your home country. For your home country, choose 'Other' and then clarify it is your home country.

That easy. 

Thank You for resolving my concerns.

Had my interview and test earlier today, it came through much sooner than I had dared to hope!  Thrilled to have taken another big step in the journey towards becoming Australian!

Updated timeline below. Thank you to everyone who posts here, it has been a great source of information over years about what to do and what to expect. Best of luck to everyone still going through the process.

Citizenship Application submitted: 12 Jan 2021

Citizenship Appointment letter: 07 May – inviting to interview/test on 03rd June – re-arranged to 10th May

Citizenship Interview / Test: 10 May 2021 (Sydney CBD Office)

Status: Approved 10th May (an hour or so after passing the test)

Citizenship Ceremony: TBC – (North Sydney Council)

• Congratulations 2

5 minutes ago, Member58 said:

I was asked to fill up and send form 1399, so I guess they are doing some sort of background check? beats me.

Its like Declaration of Service and if you or anyone in your family is not in govt service which can be conflict of interest, then it will be good.

On 24/04/2021 at 06:55, cherrygn said:

Hi there, Melbourne applied in May 2020, received and completed test. Your June application shouldn’t be far off now. 
it looks like from application to test invite, about a year, then approval to ceremony another 6 month. Hopefully they are doing catching up, so it will move a bit faster.

Hey updating ! 

got the invite for test it’s on Saturday. Just a quick question with all the important names and dates in our common bond do they actually ask those in the test ? Also the three form of IDs my husband will carry is his passport, drivers license and NICOP and his PR letter. 
Is that all ? Please reply soon thanks 

Hi All, 

Applied for Citizenship : -  10/Sep/2020 

Test Email :- 19/Mar/2021

Test & Interview Date :- 20/April/2021 (Mine Approved same day / Partner still Pending) at Sydney CBD

Rest Awaiting.

I received my letter within week as well. 

Its almost 3 weeks, my partner still pending. Any idea about approval after test.

Another thing, we are moving to new house within a week in same post code.

I will update in the immi account. Anything else, I need to notify.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Deep

• Congratulations 2

Hi there,

Is there still a spreadsheet kept of people's timelines? I seem to remember there was a google doc, or maybe that was just for PR?

I'm trying to get a good idea of waiting time from test to ceremony in NSW right now. I understand it's between 3-6 months but would love to hear from others.

Thanks!

Hi Guys, I applied for citizenship in January 2020, however, left to overseas soon after and returned to Australia a few days ago. Have not heard back from immigration - the status is received. Please advise what I can do to revive the application. Can FOI help?

11 minutes ago, Aayush said:

On the application, where it asks for siblings, how do I mention sister in law? There is no option for that.

A sibling is a brother or sister. An in-law is not a sibling.

Just like your mother in law is not your parent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunMoon said:

Hi Guys, I applied for citizenship in January 2020, however, left to overseas soon after and returned to Australia a few days ago. Have not heard back from immigration - the status is received. Please advise what I can do to revive the application. Can FOI help?

They should know you have returned. I would maybe update an address or some other information to start with, that might trigger it and start it moving again. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mmmbop said:

Hi there,

Is there still a spreadsheet kept of people's timelines? I seem to remember there was a google doc, or maybe that was just for PR?

I'm trying to get a good idea of waiting time from test to ceremony in NSW right now. I understand it's between 3-6 months but would love to hear from others.

Thanks!

@Mmmbop I got approved December 18, so I’m approaching 5 months waiting for ceremony invite in NSW Waverley Council.