AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

13 hours ago, Kumar said:

Hi guys need a suggestion

Applied for my citizenship on 18/03/2021 Brisbane city, my wife and daughter still didn't reach the requirement for their citizenship 

I changed my daughters name after lodging my citizenship application and got a new birth certificate and change of name certificate. I have attached the two certificates is that enough or do I also need to apply for her new Indian passport ( which I will do in coming days) and attach the document.

Just wondering about the timeline for Brisbane city council.

Thanks

Hi Kumar,

We are 1 month apart in our submissions. I did on the 19th April. I'd be keen to follow your progress. Am from Brisbane too. 

Is your daughter under 16? If so, you could have included her in your application itself. They don't need to meet the eligibility condition separately. Only your wife needs to meet the conditions on her own.

Hi Forum members,

Hope everyone is doing well. Can anyone provide some colour on ceremony timeline in Ku ring gai council Sydney? My application was approved recently and now waiting for the ceremony. For others benefit my timeline - applied in late nov 2020, test invite in late April and approved same day. Thanks.

Finally, attended my interview & test today (rescheduled from May 14).

Everything and everyone was just way too relaxed, lol.

I've got a nice and very talkative officer (she also shared some stories of her cultural background and talked a lot about the country from where her parents immigrated to Australia) and only been asked for my passport, birth certificate, and PhotoID.

The test itself was much easier than I expected,  it only took me 5 minutes and all my answers turned to be correct.

Now, I'm just waiting for the invitation to the ceremony (Canterbury and Bankstown). The status is still 'Received', though. Update: The status has changed to Approved in a few moments after I published this post.

Edited by cyril_au

Hi all,

Wondering if anybody has ever contacted the department successfully asking where their application is?

Seems to be a luck of draw on when applicants are getting tests, as some in December 2020 are getting tests and others in October/November are yet to receive them despite being in same testing offices.

Mostly it just feels like I am being impatient but wondering if anybody has ever contacted them regarding this?

Applied Citizenship  02/09/2020

Current citizenship    British

Invitation                    Awaiting

Test Date                    Awaiting

Approval                    Awaiting   

Ceremony                  Awaiting  

On 01/05/2021 at 00:32, Randall said:

I did mine on 10/03 and got approved 21/04. My friend did his test on the same day, still waiting. 

It feels so long!! 😂 just want to get this journey done and dusted. Congratulations on your approval. 👍🏻

On 04/05/2021 at 13:15, Deepak.lal0 said:

Hi Forum members,

Hope everyone is doing well. Can anyone provide some colour on ceremony timeline in Ku ring gai council Sydney? My application was approved recently and now waiting for the ceremony. For others benefit my timeline - applied in late nov 2020, test invite in late April and approved same day. Thanks.

My application was approved on March this year and waiting for ceremony invite from Ku ring gai council. A friend of mine his application was approved on Oct last year same council, he has got the ceremony invitation a few weeks before, the ceremony will be in mid May this month.

9 hours ago, dmak said:

My application was approved on March this year and waiting for ceremony invite from Ku ring gai council. A friend of mine his application was approved on Oct last year same council, he has got the ceremony invitation a few weeks before, the ceremony will be in mid May this month.

@dmak  I’m also from Ku-ring-gai council. Approved in Dec 2020 and still waiting for a ceremony. I’m keen in knowing whether your friend got the invitation from department or council or both? If so by email or post? Checking post and email almost daily now. Thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, novo007 said:

@dmak  I’m also from Ku-ring-gai council. Approved in Dec 2020 and still waiting for a ceremony. I’m keen in knowing whether your friend got the invitation from department or council or both? If so by email or post? Checking post and email almost daily now. Thanks in advance. 

@novo007 I had my application approved same day as test mid December and also still waiting for ceremony invite and I’m also in NSW - Waverley Council.

1 hour ago, Bondi797 said:

@novo007 I had my application approved same day as test mid December and also still waiting for ceremony invite and I’m also in NSW - Waverley Council.

@Bondi797Very similar to me then :D. The wait is REAL !!! Do you happen to know if you would receive an email or a postal letter?

1 hour ago, novo007 said:

@Bondi797Very similar to me then :D. The wait is REAL !!! Do you happen to know if you would receive an email or a postal letter?

@novo007 I’ve heard some people receive it on email and reflecting as correspondence on immi account. I wouldn’t think they would post because this could get lost or delayed. Waiting time is 5-7 months from approval, so I’m approaching 5. Just got to wait I guess.

Hi guys,

I have completed our Australian Citizenship test on 24/04/2021 at Melbourne and 100% correct.

Timeline

Citizenship Application Lodged: 05/2020

Citizenship Test Date: 24/04/2021 

I have not heard anything back yet... really being impatient!!  .....

14 hours ago, Jennyc said:

Hi guys,

I have completed our Australian Citizenship test on 24/04/2021 at Melbourne and 100% correct.

Timeline

this looks normal, i passed my test on 25/03/2021 and havent got approval yet 

16 hours ago, Jennyc said:

Hi guys,

Timeline

Yeah really impatient!!! I haven't heard anything back since 3rd of March. 🙂

On 30/04/2021 at 16:45, Randall said:

Hi guys,

A friend did his test the same day I did in Darwin on 10/03/21, at Centrelink Darwin City. Mine was approved last week, 6 weeks later. His is still showing as Received. 

Anyone in a similar situation? 

P.S. I still haven’t received that letter your supposed to receive after approval, and I wonder if it has to do with the fact that in our applications we said we’d like to do the ceremony together. 

Hi, I just received the approval letter yesterday. It was dated 21/04 . 

• Congratulations 1

On 06/05/2021 at 13:54, dmak said:

Thanks for sharing details @dmak

Team, 
I am a newbie to this site. My apologies if this question was answered before.

Does the total approval time change depending  n the state we are lodging the citizenship ? As some states (Vic, NSW) have more applicants than others (Tas, NT) ?

/Thanks,
D

8 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Team, 
I am a newbie to this site. My apologies if this question was answered before.

Does the total approval time change depending  n the state we are lodging the citizenship ? As some states (Vic, NSW) have more applicants than others (Tas, NT) ?

/Thanks,
D

Yes. Any processing times are average throughout the country.  My son applied this Feb in Canberra and has his test next week.  There is also variations in ceremony dates depending which council you are in and how many ceremonies they have. Melbourne have a backlog because testing wasn’t done in lockdown for example.

Hi Everyone,

I am new on this forum. ( Not sure if it is right place to post about my queries. )

I filling my citizenship application online and have doubts about few questions. Would really appreciate if someone can help me with it.

1. There is a question which says " Has this applicant entered or departed Australia since July 1990 ? " not really sure what this question means because there are separate question further in the form which asks about PR grant date, first arrival date any other visa apart prom PR etc. SO what's is the purpose above highlighted questions.

2. Occupation (ANZSCO) are they asking about the occupation i chose for my initial skilled visa ( 489 ) or my current job.

3. " List all the countries where the applicant holds permanent residency and is not a citizen. " 

Do I have to select Australia in this question ?

4.  " Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia in the last 10 years only "

I fist came to Australia in 2016 ( age 24 ), so I have entered all details of travel outside Australia since then. But my confusion is do I need to enter about the time before my first visit to Australia as I was in my home country and if yes what reason to select like it says :- work, study, training, business, visit family etc. ( I was just living in my home country, So what reason to select. ) 

Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting for their approval.

Cheers

8 hours ago, Rony887 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am new on this forum. ( Not sure if it is right place to post about my queries. )

I filling my citizenship application online and have doubts about few questions. Would really appreciate if someone can help me with it.

1. There is a question which says " Has this applicant entered or departed Australia since July 1990 ? " not really sure what this question means because there are separate question further in the form which asks about PR grant date, first arrival date any other visa apart prom PR etc. SO what's is the purpose above highlighted questions.

2. Occupation (ANZSCO) are they asking about the occupation i chose for my initial skilled visa ( 489 ) or my current job.

3. " List all the countries where the applicant holds permanent residency and is not a citizen. " 

4.  " Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia in the last 10 years only "

I fist came to Australia in 2016 ( age 24 ), so I have entered all details of travel outside Australia since then. But my confusion is do I need to enter about the time before my first visit to Australia as I was in my home country and if yes what reason to select like it says :- work, study, training, business, visit family etc. ( I was just living in my home country, So what reason to select. ) 

Cheers

They are not trick questions just answer honestly.
 Give dates as best as you can remember of all travel outside Aus for the last 10 years. They are trying to establish if you will require a police check from other countries (dependent on the time you have spent there).

Put your current occupation.

Yes you are resident of Australia.

Some questions do seem repetitive but are straightforward, just answer them honestly .

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rony887 said:

Hi Everyone,

Cheers

1. Yes, you have. The answer would be no if you'd come here before 1990 and had never left Australia. 

2. Yes, just enter the name. No ANZSCO code needed. 

3. Only Australia if Australia is your only country of residence. 

4. If you've never been to any other countries apart from Australia, all you need to add is your home country. For your home country, choose 'Other' and then clarify it is your home country.

That easy. 

• Like 1