04April2017DE

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

5 hours ago, Yvonnej said:

Let me know how you go. I think we are just impatient but the idea of completing the journey makes it hard not to be!

6 hours ago, Olivia_1993 said:

was she too excited to reach the SALE in ZARA?

Yes, there maybe issues, until her application is approved.

Haha. All good application approved today. 

13 hours ago, Kumar said:

Hi guys need a suggestion

Applied for my citizenship on 18/03/2021 Brisbane city, my wife and daughter still didn't reach the requirement for their citizenship 

I changed my daughters name after lodging my citizenship application and got a new birth certificate and change of name certificate. I have attached the two certificates is that enough or do I also need to apply for her new Indian passport ( which I will do in coming days) and attach the document.

Just wondering about the timeline for Brisbane city council.

Thanks

Hi Kumar,

We are 1 month apart in our submissions. I did on the 19th April. I'd be keen to follow your progress. Am from Brisbane too. 

Is your daughter under 16? If so, you could have included her in your application itself. They don't need to meet the eligibility condition separately. Only your wife needs to meet the conditions on her own.

Hi Forum members,

Hope everyone is doing well. Can anyone provide some colour on ceremony timeline in Ku ring gai council Sydney? My application was approved recently and now waiting for the ceremony. For others benefit my timeline - applied in late nov 2020, test invite in late April and approved same day. Thanks.

Finally, attended my interview & test today (rescheduled from May 14).

Everything and everyone was just way too relaxed, lol.

I've got a nice and very talkative officer (she also shared some stories of her cultural background and talked a lot about the country from where her parents immigrated to Australia) and only been asked for my passport, birth certificate, and PhotoID.

The test itself was much easier than I expected,  it only took me 5 minutes and all my answers turned to be correct.

Now, I'm just waiting for the invitation to the ceremony (Canterbury and Bankstown). The status is still 'Received', though. Update: The status has changed to Approved in a few moments after I published this post.

Edited by cyril_au

State: NSW
Birth Country: UA (Ukraine)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 2 (me and my partner)
Nomination applied:  23rd July 2019
Nomination approved: 19th 
August 2019

Visa applied:  8th August 2019
Medicals cleared: 14th August 2019

S56 requested (NZ police clearance for the main applicant): 20th August 2019
S56 submitted: 21st August 2019
Visa Granted: 24th September 2019

IMMI Status: Finalized

Citizenship application date: 6th November 2020
Citizenship application status: Approved (NSW)

Citizenship appointment date: 4th May 2021 (Sydney CBD office)
Citizenship ceremony date: TBA
(Canterbury and Bankstown council)

Hi all,

Wondering if anybody has ever contacted the department successfully asking where their application is?

Seems to be a luck of draw on when applicants are getting tests, as some in December 2020 are getting tests and others in October/November are yet to receive them despite being in same testing offices.

Mostly it just feels like I am being impatient but wondering if anybody has ever contacted them regarding this?

Applied Citizenship  02/09/2020

Current citizenship    British

Invitation                    Awaiting

Test Date                    Awaiting

Approval                    Awaiting   

Ceremony                  Awaiting  

On 01/05/2021 at 00:32, Randall said:

I did mine on 10/03 and got approved 21/04. My friend did his test on the same day, still waiting. 

It feels so long!! 😂 just want to get this journey done and dusted. Congratulations on your approval. 👍🏻

I’ll add my dates. 
PR 2014

Citizenship Application 30 Dec 2020

Test & Interview invitation 5 May 2021

Test & Interview 6 May 2021 

awaiting ceremony 

On 04/05/2021 at 13:15, Deepak.lal0 said:

Hi Forum members,

Hope everyone is doing well. Can anyone provide some colour on ceremony timeline in Ku ring gai council Sydney? My application was approved recently and now waiting for the ceremony. For others benefit my timeline - applied in late nov 2020, test invite in late April and approved same day. Thanks.

My application was approved on March this year and waiting for ceremony invite from Ku ring gai council. A friend of mine his application was approved on Oct last year same council, he has got the ceremony invitation a few weeks before, the ceremony will be in mid May this month.