AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Hello everyone, I am from regional SA applied yesterday for citizenship. What is in interview? How long its taking on SA? And my husband have limited english is there any way he can prepare for test easier. Sorry for many questions in first post. Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Skaur said:

Hello everyone, I am from regional SA applied yesterday for citizenship. What is in interview? How long its taking on SA? And my husband have limited english is there any way he can prepare for test easier. Sorry for many questions in first post. Thanks in advance 

I’m not sure what is asked in the interview but you can ask for assistance I think ...

all the best to you 👍🏻

• Like 1

Just got an appointment letter last Friday! So happy that it didn't take longer, I applied on Nov 2020 and now will have my interview & test on May 12 (Sydney).

My partner got the invitation the same day with me, but applied 2 days latter - Nov 8th.

• Congratulations 3

On 23/04/2021 at 11:12, alij382 said:

Hi all,

I took my test on 16/02 and I am still waiting on approval. It's been 9 weeks, and I passed my test 100%. My application was quite straightforward as a single with no dependents,  and I've only been overseas for a couple of short trips in the past 6 years here so this hold up is quite frustrating. 

I got approval same day(20th April, 2021). But partner still waiting for approval.

🙄🙄

Hi, 

Just got invited for my test in Melbourne.

I have a situation, maybe you can help out:

I've have all the original documents to take with me, except the hardcopy of the NAATI translation of my birth certificate.
I've lost this document somewhere and I can't find it. Only have the digitalized copies. 

What's the best course of action? Has someone been in the same situation?

1 minute ago, gui said:

Hi, 

I've have all the original documents to take with me, except the hardcopy of the NAATI translation of my birth certificate.
I've lost this document somewhere and I can't find it. Only have the digitalized copies. 

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had the same document re-translated. For the sake of being cautious, get a new translation. If they do ask to eye the document, they’ll want that pretty NAATI stamp to be there. 

18 hours ago, cyril_au said:

Just got an appointment letter last Friday! So happy that it didn't take longer, I applied on Nov 2020 and now will have my interview & test on May 12 (Sydney).

My partner got the invitation the same day with me, but applied 2 days latter - Nov 8th.

Congratulations on your test invitation cyril_au, just wondering if you provided any extra documentation to have gotten your test so quick?

I applied on Nov 2nd and haven't heard anything yet, also from Sydney NSW, and put Paramatta as test centre (as I thought it would be quicker, turns out maybe not).

6 hours ago, gui said:

Hi, 

When did you apply mate

Folks, 

Have a question. 

My son's passport will be expired in 2 months by the time we are eligible to apply Citizenship. Do you think it needs to be renewed prior to apply ? Otherwise, when we are called for an interview, his passport will have been expired. 

He is nearly 2 years old.

/Thanks
D

On 25/04/2021 at 14:52, Maria Demonte said:

Separate applications per adult. can log in via single immi account. Child can be included in one of the applications. I included my kids on my application, but details of my spouses application was included in mine. And my kids details were provided on my spouses application. 
good luck to you 

Thanks so much for your reply @Maria Demonte.

Edited by IMA
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to attach documents to our application and I'm getting a message saying that,

"In line with the department's requirements, the document provided has been converted to an acceptable format that now appears as displayed below. Confirm that the image and any text displayed is clear for the department to use in identifying the applicant.
Each page within the provided PDF file has been converted to a separate JPG image. "

All my files are .pdf format and not encrypted. I'm not sure why. Has anyone else had the same experience and how did you over come that issue?

Appreciate your help.
Cheers!

1 hour ago, IMA said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to attach documents to our application and I'm getting a message saying that,

"In line with the department's requirements, the document provided has been converted to an acceptable format that now appears as displayed below. Confirm that the image and any text displayed is clear for the department to use in identifying the applicant.
Each page within the provided PDF file has been converted to a separate JPG image. "

All my files are .pdf format and not encrypted. I'm not sure why. Has anyone else had the same experience and how did you over come that issue?

Appreciate your help.
Cheers!

So, what's the problem?  Are you saying that the JPG image does not display?

16 hours ago, cg1000 said:

Congratulations on your test invitation cyril_au, just wondering if you provided any extra documentation to have gotten your test so quick?

I applied on Nov 2nd and haven't heard anything yet, also from Sydney NSW, and put Paramatta as test centre (as I thought it would be quicker, turns out maybe not).

Nothing special, really - just a standard pack: 1195, photos, proof of first entry, utilities bill, bank statement, passport copy (expired, my country's embassy was too slow), birth certificate (NAATI translated and the original one).

I've put NSW - Sydney as a preferred appointment location and Canterbury-Bankstown as my council.

One factor that might have affected the processing time (of course if we assume that it is not entirely random) can be that I applied exactly in one year time after receiving my PR status, so I would expect they didn't need to make any further enquiries into my penal clearance status with other countries.

Thanks 

32 minutes ago, cyril_au said:

Nothing special, really - just a standard pack: 1195, photos, proof of first entry, utilities bill, bank statement, passport copy (expired, my country's embassy was too slow), birth certificate (NAATI translated and the original one).

I've put NSW - Sydney as a preferred appointment location and Canterbury-Bankstown as my council.

One factor that might have affected the processing time (of course if we assume that it is not entirely random) can be that I applied exactly in one year time after receiving my PR status, so I would expect they didn't need to make any further enquiries into my penal clearance status with other countries.

Just now, cg1000 said:

Thanks 

My message didn't send properly!

Thanks for the reply cyril_au, seems like it might be luck! Gave them a call earlier and they replied with "based on case officer" so looks like you got a productive one!

Congrats and good luck on your test!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Randall said:

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had the same document re-translated. For the sake of being cautious, get a new translation. If they do ask to eye the document, they’ll want that pretty NAATI stamp to be there. 

Hi @Randall,

Does it really have to be NAATI translated? For all those years and for all other visas including the PR, I’ve been submitting translations which I got it done when I was in my home country. I was hoping to submit the same for this application too. 
Do you think I should get my docs NAATI translated?

Thanks in advance.

cheers!

1 hour ago, cyril_au said:

Hi Cyril

I am from NSW Canterbury bankstown as well. I applied 7Oct and got the inviation for test on 8Apr (rescheduled and application approved on 15Apr). 

Lets keep in touch for ceremony. One thing i notice is that i mentioned the city office but i was invited to parra for assesment.  

1 hour ago, IMA said:

Hi @Randall,

Does it really have to be NAATI translated? For all those years and for all other visas including the PR, I’ve been submitting translations which I got it done when I was in my home country. I was hoping to submit the same for this application too. 
Do you think I should get my docs NAATI translated?

Thanks in advance.

cheers!

All documents should be NAATI certified. I’d rather err on the side of caution. After having spent so much money on immigration after the years, I just find it easier to do things as they ask, even in the case they won’t even look at the document (which for some people they don’t). 

Depending on what your timeline is looking like, you can request a free translation through your ImmiAccount, although they take approximately 10 working days to get back to you. 

https://translating.homeaffairs.gov.au/en