AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

28 minutes ago, Ali Tehseen said:

Applied Citizenship  06/04/2020 (myself and dependent child)

Current citizenship    Pakistan

Invitation                    18/03/2021

Test Date                    25/03/2021 (Passed)

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

My application is yet to be decided after I passed the citizenship test. Is there something to be worried about?

Hi Ali, i'm in the same boat, had my test in parramatta 25/03/2021 , passed the test and still waiting for approval 

44 minutes ago, Ali Tehseen said:

My application is yet to be decided after I passed the citizenship test. Is there something to be worried about?

It took me exactly 6 weeks to get approved. Hang in there. 

Hi all,

I took my test on 16/02 and I am still waiting on approval. It's been 9 weeks, and I passed my test 100%. My application was quite straightforward as a single with no dependents,  and I've only been overseas for a couple of short trips in the past 6 years here so this hold up is quite frustrating. 

Hi,

I applied for Citizenship on 02/01/2021.

I have moved to a new place recently.i was single by the time I applied and I got married recently too.

How do I change my details on immi account? If I change the address, Do I have to upload any bank statements or letters under my new address? how do I change my status from single to married?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Sanji said:

Hi,

I have moved to a new place recently.i was single by the time I applied and I got married recently too.

How do I change my details on immi account? If I change the address, Do I have to upload any bank statements or letters under my new address? how do I change my status from single to married?

Thanks

The address can be changed by logging into your immiaccount and go the update details tab. Yes, you will need to upload evidence of your new address, so go to the upload documents tab, and upload it to the “address” tab. 

Regarding the marriage, you’ll need to fill a form for “Changes in Circumstances”, and upload it too. If you changed your name, add that new info, too. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1022.pdf

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Randall said:

The address can be changed by logging into your immiaccount and go the update details tab. Yes, you will need to upload evidence of your new address, so go to the upload documents tab, and upload it to the “address” tab. 

Regarding the marriage, you’ll need to fill a form for “Changes in Circumstances”, and upload it too. If you changed your name, add that new info, too. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1022.pdf

Thanks Randall,

is there any specific section do I need to upload the 1022 form?

Thanks

Edited by Sanji
wrong spellings

3 hours ago, Sanji said:

and do I have to delete the existing proof of address when I upload the new one?

You cannot delete any documents previously uploaded. Just upload the new one. 

The form should be uploaded to the tab “others” 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ali Tehseen said:

No. I had my test 9th March in Darwin and I got accepted 22nd April 

8 hours ago, Sanji said:

Hi,

Thanks

No need to change relationship status. 

Change details in immi and immediately upload proof 🙂 I did it in October 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Komalami said:

Hi everyone, 

Anyone from Melbourne, north area. My husband applied for his citizenship in Feb 2021, and it's showing received in the Immi account. No updates as yet. I want to know how long it's take in Melbourne to get the test date.

Hi 

Melbourne west , husbands application filed in June 2020 still waiting just showing as received and no updates 😑 there’s a long wait going on thanks to covid

11 minutes ago, MrsHzp said:

Hi 

Melbourne west , husbands application filed in June 2020 still waiting just showing as received and no updates 😑 there’s a long wait going on thanks to covid

Hi there, Melbourne applied in May 2020, received and completed test. Your June application shouldn’t be far off now. 
it looks like from application to test invite, about a year, then approval to ceremony another 6 month. Hopefully they are doing catching up, so it will move a bit faster.

8 hours ago, Komalami said:

Hi everyone, 

Anyone from Melbourne, north area. My husband applied for his citizenship in Feb 2021, and it's showing received in the Immi account. No updates as yet. I want to know how long it's take in Melbourne to get the test date.

I'm in Melbourne although not north area. Quite a few Melbourne applicants have been getting their invite to test/interview around 11 months after application. I applied April 2020 and got invite in March 2021 for May 2021 but rescheduled it for March 2021. 

Edited by pearplumpie

Hi all

I applied for citizenship from Melbourne in June 2020 and this morning received my invitation to interview!

I have an emailed scan of my birth certificate but not the real hard copy. Will this suffice or do I need to get my parents to send it from the UK?

Thanks

35 minutes ago, pzuk said:

Hi all

I applied for citizenship from Melbourne in June 2020 and this morning received my invitation to interview!

I have an emailed scan of my birth certificate but not the real hard copy. Will this suffice or do I need to get my parents to send it from the UK?

Thanks

Yes. Have them send it to you by DHL. It’ll cost you an extra few bucks, but it’ll be here within a week. 

6 hours ago, pzuk said:

Hi all

Thanks

Yes if you want to be on the safe side.

They didn't ask for the hard copy of my birth certificate (many others reported the same). They did ask for my ID (I recalled that I used my Driver Licence, brought my Passport with me also). They also asked for my Medicare card and scanned it into their system. I'm also from Melbourne.

Edited by David Ng

Advice please. I am having to look at getting back to the UK imminently for my Dad's funeral. I have been approved and am now waiting on my citizenship ceremony appointment. Do I need to inform DHHS that I will be out of the country or will they know automatically? Thanks

22 hours ago, pzuk said:

Hi all

Thanks

I was asked for a hard copy of my birth certificate in my interview. So I'd take everything that mentioned in the appointment letter with me just in case.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, pearplumpie said:

Advice please. I am having to look at getting back to the UK imminently for my Dad's funeral. I have been approved and am now waiting on my citizenship ceremony appointment. Do I need to inform DHHS that I will be out of the country or will they know automatically? Thanks

Not only will you need to inform them, you’ll need to ask for an exemption to leave the country. Also, your application will be on hold until you return to Australia. Don’t wait until the last minute to make these arrangements. If you know you’ll need to fly out, get that exemption now. 

Edited by Randall

Hi everyone,

Just received the invite for the ceremony for myself and my son. From the date of the application to the ceremony it will be a little less than 1 year.

Applied in May 2020

Test February 2021 - approved same day

Ceremony May 2021  in North Sydney

During the process I had to travel overseas because my father was very very sick and like many people, I struggled to get back to Australia due to the travel cap in place. I thought the process would take more time, as I travelled a lot overseas because of my work after the PR but it was quite fast. 

Happy day for me in the country that I call home.

1 hour ago, Randall said:

Not only will you need to inform them, you’ll need to ask for an exemption to leave the country. Also, your application will be on hold until you return to Australia. Don’t wait until the last minute to make these arrangements. If you know you’ll need to fly out, get that exemption now. 

Thanks for the reply - I know about the exemption. I am having to wait for the death certificate to apply, so will do this once I have it. How do I inform then I'm leaving the country? 

On 22/04/2021 at 06:24, IMA said:

Hi all, 

We are hoping to apply online next week. I have few quires and just wondering if anyone could help me with these.

1. Do we have to submit 2 different applications for me and my partner?
  2. Do we have to have separate immi accounts to do so or can we do that in one immi account?
  3. If we have to submit 2 separate applications, do we have to include our child in both applications or only in one?

Much appreciated if you guys could help me with this.

Cheers!

Separate applications per adult. can log in via single immi account. Child can be included in one of the applications. I included my kids on my application, but details of my spouses application was included in mine. And my kids details were provided on my spouses application. 
good luck to you 

• Like 1