AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

4 hours ago, Randall said:

Correct. 

Hi Randall.

Tbh I don’t think contacting them will make any difference as waiting time for decision is currently 14-16 months. And 5 - 7 months for ceremony. This was updated online yesterday. 

if you are out of the country during any of the steps they will not proceed with your application until you are back on Australian soil.

E29E7048-6D8B-4182-9F1D-B79BD42F3FF4.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Chelsearoxanna said:

Update location Darwin. 

applied 15/08/2020

test 09/03/2021

approval waiting. 

still waiting. Been 6 weeks now 😢 I wonder if they’re waiting on police checks or something 🙂 

It’s actually been 5 weeks. I did the test on the day after you and still waiting too. Next Tuesday it will be your 6th week, so will be mine. 

Just now, Randall said:

It’s actually been 5 weeks. I did the test on the day after you and still waiting too. Next Tuesday it will be your 6th week, so will be mine. 

14 minutes ago, Chelsearoxanna said:

Update location Darwin. 

applied 15/08/2020

test 09/03/2021

approval waiting. 

still waiting. Been 6 weeks now 😢 I wonder if they’re waiting on police checks or something 🙂 

My heart actually raced a bit when I saw you had updated the forum. I thought yours had been approved hahaha. 

Applied Citizenship  17/04/2021

Current citizenship    United Kingdom

Invitation                   Awaiting

Test Date                   Awaiting

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

Let the games begin! 

• Like 1

Sharing my timeline. All in all, it has been almost 6 months since application

Application date 24 Oct 2020

Test invitation date 14 Apr 2021  

Test date: 15 Apr 2021 (rescheduled from 14 May 2021)

Approved: 15 Apr 2021

Council: Cumberland (NSW)

Office : Parramaata

On 15/04/2021 at 17:03, Hasan84 said:

For me the case officer did ask to see the original through the glass along with passport, DL and medicare card. 

So I suppose err on the side of caution and try to get it here before the interview if you can.

I need to correct myself! They did ask for my ID, I'm pretty sure that I used my Victoria Driver License, not sure about Passport, but those are standard IDs and should absolutely be carried to the Interview day. They also asked for my Medicare card, which they then scanned it and returned it to me.

6 hours ago, Lovi said:

Hi guys hope you doing great.

just want to ask on our citizenship test day which documents do we take with us and what documents do they check?

thanks in advance 

I got asked for birth cert, passport and passport I entered Australia on, driving license and medicare card. My partner got asked for passport and medicare card that was all. Depends on who you get.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bondi797 said:

I think some councils are adding some extra days for ceremonies. this is my own observation from the North Sydney council, which I am waiting for my citizenship ceremony (since March):

This is in Jan/2021

61f7564c-a188-4527-9ba1-b50fd392c974.jpeg.b2c9c15ed32046f87bfcc67f0e763161.jpeg

and this is Now:

bbac313c-bfe3-46e5-9dfb-25c0504798d3.thumb.jpeg.b0d4317a1d98f2599792b24a8979ba3c.jpeg

source: https://www.northsydney.nsw.gov.au/Community_Services/Other_Services/Citizenship_Ceremonies

I see that some dates were added and my feeling is that some councils are doing an extra effort to help "almost citizens" waiting for the citizenship ceremony at least it is what I see for N.Sydney

Edited by PTSydney

Hey Champs,

I am considering changing my given name officially, I was wondering if someone has gone through this process and can shed some light please.

Shall I change my name after cermony or before cermony, currnently my application is on approved status and awaiting cermony.

thanks

4 minutes ago, Zayn said:

Hey Champs,

I am considering changing my given name officially, I was wondering if someone has gone through this process and can shed some light please.

Shall I change my name after cermony or before cermony, currnently my application is on approved status and awaiting cermony.

thanks

Hi @Zayn

I am in the same situation and I asked this question when I took the Citizenship exam. The officer suggested we change the name after the certificate is issued, but before we apply for new passport. Basically, you will have two certificates - one with old name and one with new name. But for passport, since it is also more expensive to get, you just want to request for one passport with the new name already.

Hope that helps 🙂

Hi everyone,

Anyone experienced changing address while the citizenship visa was lodged? Would you know if the council for the citizenship ceremony will automatically be changed in reference to the new address or will it be the same council as the old address?

Thanks! 🙂

2 minutes ago, cams326 said:

Hi everyone,

Anyone experienced changing address while the citizenship visa was lodged? Would you know if the council for the citizenship ceremony will automatically be changed in reference to the new address or will it be the same council as the old address?

Thanks! 🙂

We moved after lodging our application but before we went for interview. I updated our address on the immi account for both the applications and the officer who did my interview confirmed that the ceremony would take place at the new council where we had moved to. Hope that helps. Worth asking when you have your interview to make sure.

20 minutes ago, cams326 said:

Hi @Zayn

I am in the same situation and I asked this question when I took the Citizenship exam. The officer suggested we change the name after the certificate is issued, but before we apply for new passport. Basically, you will have two certificates - one with old name and one with new name. But for passport, since it is also more expensive to get, you just want to request for one passport with the new name already.

Hope that helps 🙂

Hi Cam326,

thanks for the detailed reply.

if CO shared this info with you,this means it is the correct process to follow.

Technically after cermony,wait for the certificate and proceed with change of name,once dont,request for citizenship certificate with new name,once received apply passport with second certificate with new name.

hope that make sense.

thanks

hello is there any one waiting or done with citizenship ceremony from whitehorse council vic?how much is the expected waiting from approval.. there website is showing only one citizenship date that is 28th april’21. no other dates are mention.. 

On 17/04/2021 at 17:50, Member58 said:

My test was at 3rd of March and still waiting as well.

Was yours in Centrelink Darwin? I honestly think they keep us in received and will accept and invite at the same time! My test was 9th March at Centrelink casuarina 🙂  All three of us will get accepted at the same time 😂