AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

4 hours ago, Abro said:

@Danny842003 Congratulations! Danny. I submitted my application last year December. Still, waiting. Happy to know Parramatta is inviting for tests. Have you mentioned Parramatta for a test interview in your application? I mentioned the Sydney City center. 

Yes as far as I know if you mentioned the city you will have to wait until they’re up and running. 
I imagine Para are running at a lower capacity so they won’t want to take on work from another centre. 

@04April2017DE From this link.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship 

Currently, in-person citizenship appointments are available at:

• Department of Home Affairs office, Adelaide SA
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Brisbane QLD
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Canberra ACT
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Parramatta NSW
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Perth WA
  • Department of Home Affairs office, Sydney NSW

Hello everyone, am new here and would like to ask a couple of questions from you lovely people. I am due to apply for my citizenship very soon in october 2020. I would like some advise as i had used an agent before for my PR and i really dont want to use as the charges are too high, so i want to try this one by myself. Am wondering if i should create a new immi account for my citizenship as i dont have an account since my agent did everything for me. Any other advise on how i can go about with the application will be highly appreciate.

Thanks

Nessa

Hi Guys,

my family and i have applied for citizenship last january 2020.

checking my attachments, i have found that there are 2 'Recommended' files, 

1. Overseas adoption, Evidence of

2. Legal parents of children born through a surrogacy arrangement, Evidence of

i have called immi office and after 15 minutes, they told me not to worry about it since it doesnt apply to me.

have you guys have this experience? Im worried that this will cause delays for our application. Or theres something in our application that i have filled wrong. I have my son on my application and my other son is already an australian citizen.

your response will be greatly appreciated. 😀

Hi all

I’ve just used the calculator to find out when I’ll be elligible to apply for citizenship. It seems I can apply earlier than I thought.

My PR visa was granted in April 2016. My “Arrival” date was a week later, when I returned from a holiday in NewZealand. I then returned to the UK for sixteen months, making the permanent move in August 2017. I spent two months in the UK last year, otherwise have been here in Oz the whole time since August 2017.  The calculator tells me I can apply in October 2020. I’m assuming this means I’ve been considered resident in Australia since April 2016, but absent for a chunk of time. Can anyone tell me if this is correct? I’d be well chuffed with the earlier date.   Thanks in advance.

@Therealforbes Yeah I have experienced the same. You shouldn't need to worry about it. Delay is because of the closure of the citizenship test interview I guess. I applied last year in December and still no response. From which state did you apply? Only WA is processing applications very fast and inviting applicants for tests and interviews. Sydney Parramatta offices start work as well for a couple of last weeks. Let's see how it goes. 

5 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Hi all

I’ve just used the calculator to find out when I’ll be elligible to apply for citizenship. It seems I can apply earlier than I thought.

My PR visa was granted in April 2016. My “Arrival” date was a week later, when I returned from a holiday in NewZealand. I then returned to the UK for sixteen months, making the permanent move in August 2017. I spent two months in the UK last year, otherwise have been here in Oz the whole time since August 2017.  The calculator tells me I can apply in October 2020. I’m assuming this means I’ve been considered resident in Australia since April 2016, but absent for a chunk of time. Can anyone tell me if this is correct? I’d be well chuffed with the earlier date.   Thanks in advance.

yes mate, You residence starts from the date you first arrive minus the period you have been absent

• Like 1

Hi Guys, most of the people here have mentioned a preferred council. is there anyone who hasn't mentioned the council and got their invite? I submitted my application in Jan without the council. not sure if this is the right way to go about it. Any info would be great. 

Thanks,