AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Hi Friends,

I am bit confused here. 

Do we need to submit Overseas / Australian police check during Citizenship application submission or after interview. Even though if I did not spend more than 12 months in overseas in last 4 years. I have seen some you tube videos from People who are sharing their Citizenship application process. Everyone mentioned about PCC check. See below my timeline and advise

Entered in Australia- 6 March 2016 (457 visa)
PR Approve April 2019 (186 ENS)
Citizenship Applied May 2020 - Melbourne
From 2016 - 2020 Feb. (I have been out of Australia(to India) not more than 6 months. Max 45 days per vacation. 

Hello there,

I am a silent follower of this forum. Sharing my timeline:

Date of application : 10/03/20

Date of Test : 10/03/21

No news after test. My question is, when you got approval, does it notifies us in email? Or we have to check our immi account on regular basis?

Thank you 

10 hours ago, Tzhamzl_tn74 said:

Hi Friends,

I am bit confused here. 

Do we need to submit Overseas / Australian police check during Citizenship application submission or after interview. Even though if I did not spend more than 12 months in overseas in last 4 years. I have seen some you tube videos from People who are sharing their Citizenship application process. Everyone mentioned about PCC check. See below my timeline and advise

Entered in Australia- 6 March 2016 (457 visa)
PR Approve April 2019 (186 ENS)
Citizenship Applied May 2020 - Melbourne
From 2016 - 2020 Feb. (I have been out of Australia(to India) not more than 6 months. Max 45 days per vacation. 

AUS FED POLICE CHECK is done by home affairs and they already charge you money in fee for citizenship.

Overseas police check -> You have to do yourself. If you added dates of country visited correctly, then you need not worry to think if you missed. Immi account tells you what to attach in the documents as mandatory. For some it is mandatory depending upon how long they stayed in other country, for some - Not required. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, guriboparai01 said:

Hello there,

I am a silent follower of this forum. Sharing my timeline:

Date of application : 10/03/20

Date of Test : 10/03/21

No news after test. My question is, when you got approval, does it notifies us in email? Or we have to check our immi account on regular basis?

Thank you 

I didn’t receive an email or notification. Immi just changed from received to approved. Then got an approval letter in the post a couple days later.

so keep checking, hopefully it updates soon.

2 hours ago, Chelsearoxanna said:

Hey guys. From Darwin here. 

applied citizenship 15/08/2020

test invite 8/2/2021

test 09/3/2021

approval: waiting

is this normal for Darwin? 

Did the test a day after you, I'm still waiting. Did you do your test at Centrelink?

On 01/04/2021 at 01:28, Olivia_1993 said:

is it with everyone that they could see the CEREMONY INVITE in IMMI or in email, before getting the invite letter in postal?

Like can we expect update in immi account first and then wait for letter in mailbox.

please comment.

The Department of Home Affairs send an approved candidate list to council approximately six weeks prior to a ceremony. 

I am not best person to answer, but have same Q. Anyone ?

Does anyone remember, if they saw their invite in immi account/email first or in mailed paper invite/letter ?

On 20/03/2021 at 10:02, Atchie said:

On the messages

C58E8C61-536F-4BCC-AA96-B4C0AE1109EF.jpeg

Do you/your friend remember, if they saw their invite in immi account/email first or in mailed paper invite/letter ?

I believe, Dept of home affairs will notify in immi account first and then council will send letters.  Can you please confirm. 

On 02/04/2021 at 11:17, Chelsearoxanna said:

Hey guys. From Darwin here. 

applied citizenship 15/08/2020

test invite 8/2/2021

test 09/3/2021

approval: waiting

is this normal for Darwin? 

Hi Roxana, I applied in June 2020 n got test on January 14,2021 n approved on February 9,2021

Received ceremony invitations on March 2nd for March 20 and even passport received on last Thursday (from Palmerston,Darwin)

On 04/04/2021 at 14:10, AlmostOZ said:

Anyone from Toowoomba has applied for Citizenship and heard from?

I applied in Jul 2020, I have not heard anything yet. I am wondering what's going on?

Thanks in Advance

Hi there, I think we communicated in an earlier post, we too applied in July.

our application was looked at in early February and additional information was requested. That was submitted a couple of weeks later and we have been waiting since then.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 16:40, AlmostOZ said:

Hi @ToowoombaBlue

You applied in June 2020? I applied in July 2020 from Toowoomba as well.

Do you mind sharing what sort of information they have requested, so I can prepare as well?

Good Luck.

Regards,

I doubt you will have the same issue. We got married in the Dominican Republic and the certificate was in Spanish, we had it translated in the UK but Immi insisted it needed translating by an Australian approved translator! 
Bit jobsworth if you ask me, but you have to jump through the correct hoops I suppose.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if anyone else here is in same boat.

had test 2nd week Feb 2021,status Received.

lodged FOI and today received reply,according to notes nothing is pending such as ospc not required is mentioned since date of test.

I have no idea what is causing delay when nothing is pending and what should I do next.

I am from VIC and its been 15 months since I submitted my citizenship application.

Can anyone else please advise as it seems that I will loose the job opportunity I am after since more then a year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zayn said:

Not sure if anyone else here is in same boat.

had test 2nd week Feb 2021,status Received.

lodged FOI and today received reply,according to notes nothing is pending such as ospc not required is mentioned since date of test.

I have no idea what is causing delay when nothing is pending and what should I do next.

I am from VIC and its been 15 months since I submitted my citizenship application.

Can anyone else please advise as it seems that I will loose the job opportunity I am after since more then a year.

Hi Zayn,

I applied in Jul 2020. I have not heard anything back yet? You think I should lodge a FOI request? Or should I wait? 

And What exactly to put in the FOI request?

Regards,

****Waiting for Citizenship Approval****

Citizenship application submitted:
10/09/ 2019 

citizenship test conducted and passed : 6/01/2020 

Application status: received

WAITING FOR APPROVAL 

moved to overseas since mid of January 2020 and still in overseas, is this the reason of not getting the approval? 

its been 18 months now since i have submitted my application and 15 months since i passed my test and no update from immigration when the timeframe of decision is 13-16 months from the date of application,  

What would be the purpose behind the delay of approval?

anyone in same situation? Any suggestions please