AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Hi Guys, 

would like to share my timeline: 

applied: 30/08/2020

get invited: 13/03/2021 for test on 09/04/2021 and reschedule it to 15/03/2021 

pass and immi account status change to ‘approved’ straight away. 

Now waiting for ceremony. 

• Congratulations 1

19 hours ago, sj88 said:

Amazing. Thank you. Sounds like it worked out well for you. I'm in bayside council so not sure if it's same procedure but will give it a whirl when my time comes. 

No worries at all! This forum has been very informative and in return I am happy to share what worked out for me.

I found that it also helped to come prepared with your questions because the interview is an opportunity to ask queries directly to your case officer. You may have  questions unique to your circumstance for which the case officer may or may not have answers to. But yes, definitely worth asking.

One more detail here, in the email I sent to virtual.ceremony.nsw, I attached the email from my recruiter showing the pending job application with the government department.

All the best to everyone's application!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all my citizenship got approved back in October 2020 and I still havent recieved any information on when the ceremony will be. Has anyone had a similar experience with the Sydney/Randwick council.Is there any way to obtain information on when my ceremony will be approved....

4 minutes ago, AAA said:

I have passed my citizenship test on 5th of fab but my immi account still showing received, I didn’t received any approval letter either. Is this a normal or should I contact them to find out?

Your police clearance must have been stuck !! That's the last step. Everyone goes thru AFP PCC, for some it is quick !! It is a name check only - I believe. If your name is unique, it must be quick. What's your name ? Michael , John, William, etc 

Share your profile and travel history , so we can comment.

4 hours ago, Sordello said:

Mine had nothing, simply changed to “Finalised – Acquired” after ceremony.

Mine had nothing too. My ceremony is on Friday, 19 March 2021 and status is still 'Approved'. I browsed through the menus/submenus and found nothing related to me being invited in the virtual ceremony. 

1 minute ago, whiskey21 said:

Mine had nothing too. My ceremony is on Friday, 19 March 2021 and status is still 'Approved'. I browsed through the menus/submenus and found nothing related to me being invited in the virtual ceremony. 

Congrats. Which council? What excuse did you give them for virtual ceremony? I emailed them many times with no reply. Thanks.

On 15/03/2021 at 14:39, AAA said:

I have passed my citizenship test on 5th of fab but my immi account still showing received, I didn’t received any approval letter either. Is this a normal or should I contact them to find out?

Hi! Any news? 

After approved  yor applications  normally  how long  should be take  to send approval  letter. Is that any particular  day in week they print or send letter  to you mail  box. Somebody after  approved  they got letter  within  5 days. Some bodies   got after couple  of weeks.  Actually   very hard  to  assume  what happening.  However  everyone  hope for the best.  

12 minutes ago, Han21 said:

After approved  yor applications  normally  how long  should be take  to send approval  letter. Is that any particular  day in week they print or send letter  to you mail  box. Somebody after  approved  they got letter  within  5 days. Some bodies   got after couple  of weeks.  Actually   very hard  to  assume  what happening.  However  everyone  hope for the best.  

Yes. Sometimes they received it in a minute. It’s been 1 month now since i took my test and didn’t receive the approval letter and my immiaccount still received.

Hopefully  you will be fine.  After approval  you will get it .if not approved.  How you get it letter. I think  better  don't waste  your time.  Contact  with  them  could  possible  get solutions.  Or wait few days  . Hopefully  you will  be fine.  My  mate approved  last week  but did get letter  yet.  But sometimes   people  received  letter emiditly.  If my mate got letter  I will let know here as well.  Thanks  by the way  which  council  you are.??

On 08/03/2021 at 18:48, Kevin6370 said:

Council will contact you in 2 weeks? how could it be this fast? Did you apply urgent ceremony?

Hi,  Have you got approval  letter.?  How long should  be take. Did you receive  invitations  letter  for ceremony. ??

On 13/03/2021 at 18:42, whiskey21 said:

Sharing my timeline below:

City/Council: Sydney/Georges River Council
Citizenship Application Submitted : 19 Jul 2020
Test Invitation : 19 Feb 2021
Test Date: 15 Mar 2021
Rescheduled Test Date: 25 Feb 2021
Citizenship Approved: 25 Feb 2021 (Immi Account online)
Ceremony Invite: 12 Mar 2021
Ceremony Date: 19 Mar 2021 (Virtual Ceremony)

I sent two emails to virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au requesting to be considered for a virtual ceremony. First email was sent on 26 Feb 2021 and the second email on 9-Mar 2021. 

Did you send any evidence attached with the email? 

42 minutes ago, Han21 said:

Hopefully  you will be fine.  After approval  you will get it .if not approved.  How you get it letter. I think  better  don't waste  your time.  Contact  with  them  could  possible  get solutions.  Or wait few days  . Hopefully  you will  be fine.  My  mate approved  last week  but did get letter  yet.  But sometimes   people  received  letter emiditly.  If my mate got letter  I will let know here as well.  Thanks  by the way  which  council  you are.??

I contacted them today, it’s says that needs to wait, different applications is different case. They’re cannot answer it exactly. Lucky the others that get approval in the same day after the test