AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

2 minutes ago, Volkang said:

As much as I feel sorry for you for waiting this long, it feels better seeing that I am not alone 🥲 thank you for the reply.

No problem. I did my son's application at the same time (separate to mine as 17) and because he is under 18 he got approved and had ceremony (didn't need test or interview) within about 3 months of the application. So things are happening here, just more slowly than elsewhere. I did read on here that someone who applied in December 2019 or January 2020 just recently got a test/interview so maybe in the next few months it will be our turn. Here's hoping.

19 hours ago, Sordello said:

I guess I can post my timeline for others to reference, though the reason I got a ceremony invite so rapidly is unique:

Applied: 5 January 2021

Invite: 24 February 2021

Test: 2 March 2021

Approved: 3 March 2021

Ceremony (virtual): 5 March 2021

Council: Adelaide City

Did you email them to ask for virtual ceremony?

Thanks 

On 04/03/2021 at 18:57, agm said:

My timeline so far:

Applied: 23/05/2020

Test invite received: 15/01/2021

Test date: 18/02/2021. Passed 100%.

My partner: all dates as mine above. Approved immediately and letter received a few days later in post.

Approved on Friday 5th March 2021.

On 06/03/2021 at 12:03, Bajajbajaj said:

Did you email them to ask for virtual ceremony?

Thanks 

I requested an urgent ceremony by email. They called me from a private number about an hour later asking if I could attend a virtual ceremony the next day.

Hello guys,

I’m a new in this forum. I have applied the citizenship on Nov 2019 and attended the test on Dec 2020. Now I’m waiting for the ceremony, however I have no idea how long it would take. Anyone who knows please leave a reply on comment section.

Down Below there is a timeline for my citizenship application. 

Eligible to apply: 21/09/2019

Applied: 27/11/2019

Test Invitation Letter: 24/11/2020

Test Date: 11/12/2020

Approval: 11/12/2020

Ceremony Date: Awaiting

Council: Hornsby Shire 

1 hour ago, Kormike9803 said:

Hello guys,

I’m a new in this forum. I have applied the citizenship on Nov 2019 and attended the test on Dec 2020. Now I’m waiting for the ceremony, however I have no idea how long it would take. Anyone who knows please leave a reply on comment section.

Down Below there is a timeline for my citizenship application. 

Eligible to apply: 21/09/2019

Applied: 27/11/2019

Test Invitation Letter: 24/11/2020

Test Date: 11/12/2020

Approval: 11/12/2020

Council: Hornsby Shire 

I am in Hornsby Shire Council too. 
 I got approved on 2/3/2021.Thought Hornsby council would be fast, cause it holds ceremony every month.

6 hours ago, Sordello said:

I requested an urgent ceremony by email. They called me from a private number about an hour later asking if I could attend a virtual ceremony the next day.

Because a couple of people have messaged me, I feel compelled to clarify that my grounds for requesting an urgent ceremony were on compassionate grounds that I genuinely hope no one else here would request under—they were neither financial nor related to migration/employment. Nonetheless, I am impressed that DoHA does actually read requests and can accommodate them urgently when they deem them justified.

1 hour ago, Sordello said:

Because a couple of people have messaged me, I feel compelled to clarify that my grounds for requesting an urgent ceremony were on compassionate grounds that I genuinely hope no one else here would request under—they were neither financial nor related to migration/employment. Nonetheless, I am impressed that DoHA does actually read requests and can accommodate them urgently when they deem them justified.

Do you mind sharing me the email address? Thanks.

Edited by Kevin6370

2 hours ago, Kevin6370 said:

I am in Hornsby Shire Council too. 
 I got approved on 2/3/2021.Thought Hornsby council would be fast, cause it holds ceremony every month.

Hi Kevin thanks for reply, you said you were approved on 02/03/2021, you mean did you attend the ceremony on that date? As I said I’m still waiting for the ceremony. Last time when I talked to the person on the citizenship department on Hornsby Shire, told me that people who attend the test and approved on December would receive the ceremony invitation around March. Does that applies to you?

42 minutes ago, Kormike9803 said:

Hi Kevin thanks for reply, you said you were approved on 02/03/2021, you mean did you attend the ceremony on that date? As I said I’m still waiting for the ceremony. Last time when I talked to the person on the citizenship department on Hornsby Shire, told me that people who attend the test and approved on December would receive the ceremony invitation around March. Does that applies to you?

I am still waiting for ceremony. I attended test on 2/3/2021 and got approved in immi account at the same day. 

12 hours ago, Kormike9803 said:

when I talked to the person on the citizenship department on Hornsby Shire, told me that people who attend the test and approved on December would receive the ceremony invitation around March

Hi mate,

did you speak to someone at the DHA or is it at the hornsby council about the above ?

THank you

On 05/03/2021 at 18:00, ndaan_100 said:

When did u apply mate and when u received the invitation?

I applied in October and got invitation for test in December. It was approved the same day of test. It has been 3 months since approval. Still waiting for the ceremony. 

Hi Everybody,

Eligible to apply: 02/01/2021

Applied: 05/01/2021

Test Invitation Letter: 18/02/2021

Test Date: 25/02/2021 (Reschedule from 27/03/2021)

Approval: 05/03/2021

Someone know the email from the Brisbane Council to ask for an urgent ceremony? (I have my reasons)

Thanks

On 02/03/2021 at 22:59, Kevin6370 said:

I just attended the test and get 100% of the questions correct.  And I got approved 5 minutes later after the test. 

Don't worried about it, it's pretty easy. 

Timeline updated

Applied:12 May 2020. 
Invitation received: 22 Feb 2021
Test date: 16 March 2021

Reschedule to 2 March 2021

Approved: 2 March 2021 (Passed the test, got approved immediately )

Ceremony: waiting .....

Council: Hornsby 

Test location: Sydney office 

Kavin,  I have done  today.  Ans correct  100%. Applications  status  still  received.  But they told me council  will contact  me within  2 weeks.  Let's see. How will check my status is it on immi account  or check progress  status???? Or I will get any  email  confirmation.  Thanks.  

4 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Hi mate,

did you speak to someone at the DHA or is it at the hornsby council about the above ?

THank you

I talked to the one at Hornsby Shire not the DHA. I was wondering if I was on the list for the ceremony at 02/03/2021. But turns out I wasn’t because I haven’t received the ceremony invitation letter. Maybe I could hold the ceremony around May or June. I’m just presuming, nothing been noticed yet. 

4 hours ago, Han21 said:

Kavin,  I have done  today.  Ans correct  100%. Applications  status  still  received.  But they told me council  will contact  me within  2 weeks.  Let's see. How will check my status is it on immi account  or check progress  status???? Or I will get any  email  confirmation.  Thanks.  

Council will contact you in 2 weeks? how could it be this fast? Did you apply urgent ceremony?

On 07/03/2021 at 13:46, Sordello said:

Can I ask why you requested an urgent ceremony if you don't mind?

I had my application approved in middle of December last year , am in Brisbane and there is a good chance my partner might get offered a job overseas in a couple of months, and then we will both leave Australia for a while. I really want my ceremony to have taken place before that and am just wondering if it is worth asking for that when we don't have a proper offer yet.