AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

20 hours ago, Kevin6370 said:

I just attended the test and get 100% of the questions correct.  And I got approved 5 minutes later after the test. 

Don't worried about it, it's pretty easy. 

Timeline updated

Applied:12 May 2020. 
Invitation received: 22 Feb 2021
Test date: 16 March 2021

Reschedule to 2 March 2021

Approved: 2 March 2021 (Passed the test, got approved immediately )

Ceremony: waiting .....

Council: Hornsby 

Test location: Sydney office 

Congratulations! Could you  tell me about  values questions  come  from or what type.  Please  if possible.  Or example questions  are realitated....

42 minutes ago, Han21 said:

Congratulations! Could you  tell me about  values questions  come  from or what type.  Please  if possible.  Or example questions  are realitated....

Hi Han21,  All the questions in the citizenship test are based on the information contained in the testable section of Our Common Bond booklet. Read it and download Australian Citizenship test app (highest reviewed app) to practice. You will be fine. 😀

30 minutes ago, Zayn said:

Is anyone here from City of Melton council VIC,had the test/interview in Dec/Jan/Feb  and still waiting for approval

I am from wyndham council... still waiting for approval...

8 hours ago, NRK said:

Really? What reason did they give?

"The Department conducts a small number of urgent ceremonies for candidates who have demonstrated they have genuinely compelling and compassionate circumstances. Places in these ceremonies are extremely limited."

Told them application is approved, but waiting on a ceremony to be eligible for HomeBuilder grant (no ceremony = no grant).  They said you do not meet the criteria for an urgent ceremony.

Hey guys, I was approved for citizenship 22 Nov 2020 after passing the test earlier that month in Perth WA, so it'll be coming up to 3.5 months. Still no word on a ceremony invite, though the immigration waiting times currently says 75% get their ceremony within 5 months of being approved.

Was just popping in to see if many others are getting ceremony invites lately? Historically ive been pretty lucky and had visas granted significantly faster than others, though this is probably not correlated to my citizenship process. 

I check the portal once or twice a week to see if an update has been given haha. 

I passed my test on 27th of January 2021 and my wife did on December 12th 2020 in Adelaide. Both of us received our Ceremony invites this morning for the 18th of March. It is a physical ceremony and not an online one. We began the process in July of 2020, so it has been fairly quick so no complaints here. Wish others receive their approvals and invites soon.

• Congratulations 1

I got approved today. Below is my timeline.

Citizenship Application: 13 Jan 2020

Test invite: 4th February 2021 for 12 March 2021 

Rescheduled to 5th Feb 2021 for myself and 8th Feb 2021 partner.

Passed 100%.

Partner’s application approved on 25th Feb 2021.

My application approved on 4th March 2021.

Ceremony: waiting

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NRK said:

Passed 100%.

Congratulations on your approval ! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lashie said:

Hey guys, I was approved for citizenship 22 Nov 2020 after passing the test earlier that month in Perth WA, so it'll be coming up to 3.5 months. Still no word on a ceremony invite, though the immigration waiting times currently says 75% get their ceremony within 5 months of being approved.

Was just popping in to see if many others are getting ceremony invites lately? Historically ive been pretty lucky and had visas granted significantly faster than others, though this is probably not correlated to my citizenship process. 

I check the portal once or twice a week to see if an update has been given haha. 

Congratulations on ur approvap maye, can i ask u about ur timeline, I applied beginning of December from WA, perth suburbs still no new me and 2 of my friends. Just curious about the time we have to wait to get invitation as I heard WA is quick.  Cheers and wosh u ceremony soon😉

3 hours ago, NRK said:

Passed 100%.

Congratulation,are you in Vic ?

1 hour ago, ndaan_100 said:

Congratulations on ur approvap maye, can i ask u about ur timeline, I applied beginning of December from WA, perth suburbs still no new me and 2 of my friends. Just curious about the time we have to wait to get invitation as I heard WA is quick.  Cheers and wosh u ceremony soon😉

Thank you, I applied in June 2020 I believe, got my test invite in September, sat the test in November and had my approval mail later in November.

On 26/02/2021 at 13:36, David Ng said:

multiple times (say, 5 times, I know that's bad! keep checking back to see any sooner availability), got approved on spot. 

If you have colour-scanned and attached the original ones

My timeline so far:

Applied: 23/05/2020

Test invite received: 15/01/2021

Test date: 18/02/2021. Passed 100%.

My partner: all dates as mine above. Approved immediately and letter received a few days later in post.

My timeline so far:

Applied: 23/05/2020

Test invite received: 15/01/2021

Test date: 18/02/2021. Passed 100%.

My partner: all dates as mine above. Approved immediately and letter received a few days later in post.

Hi all, Applied for citizenship from Melbourne in August 2020, like others no response received.

Moving to Adelaide due to job, how soon the response will be received once I update the address details in the application, appreciate feedback.

Many thanks