Citizenship Application Submitted : 23/03/2020

Test Invitation : 20/12/2020

Test Date: 15/01/2021

Citizenship Approved: 01/02/2021 

Ceremony Invite: 10/02/2021 

Ceremony Date: 16/02/2021 (Virtual)

Hi Rob,

Congratulations 🙂

I got my approval on 2nd September 2020 Sydney and said okay for virtual invitation but still waiting.

can you please confirm from which email address do we get the link for the ceremony invitation i just want to make sure i haven’t deleted or missed the email.

your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Pearl44 said:

Hi Rob,

Congratulations 🙂

I got my approval on 2nd September 2020 Sydney and said okay for virtual invitation but still waiting.

can you please confirm from which email address do we get the link for the ceremony invitation i just want to make sure i haven’t deleted or missed the email.

your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi
It came from "virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au". I also emailed this address asking for a virtual ceremony after my application was approved. Not sure if that made a difference on the timeline though.

28 minutes ago, rob56 said:

Hi
It came from "virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au". I also emailed this address asking for a virtual ceremony after my application was approved. Not sure if that made a difference on the timeline though.

Hello,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline, that was a quick turnaround. If you don't mind me asking, what did you ask from the 'virtual.ceremony.nsw'? To schedule you for the ceremony? The congratulatory note that was given after we passed the tests specifically stated to not approach our local council. I guess it doesn't apply to virtual.ceremony.

42 minutes ago, rob56 said:

Hi

Thank you for the information Rob, i will email them today since i have been waiting for a while 🙂

HI, In this group  I am very new. I just  query  any body  got any invitations  from  13 may 2020 from  under the canterbury  city  council  Nsw.  Test and application  location- Sydney  city  office. onwards. Me and my wife have been  applied but no updates yet.   If you guys have  any updates  can you share  please or give any advice  for me. Thanks.  

Han21.

2 hours ago, lastdrop said:

Hello,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline, that was a quick turnaround. If you don't mind me asking, what did you ask from the 'virtual.ceremony.nsw'? To schedule you for the ceremony? The congratulatory note that was given after we passed the tests specifically stated to not approach our local council. I guess it doesn't apply to virtual.ceremony.

I just asked to be considered for a virtual ceremony as I didn't want to attend a face to face one during covid. I got some standard automated response back so not sure if it made a difference. Waverley council aren't offering face to face ceremonies yet and some other Sydney councils are so this could have made it quicker.

• Like 1

Hi New to this forum

Just applied Sept 2020 for citizenship.

Darwin council 

still waiting for test invite. 
Does anyone know if you fail the test, do they give you another chance, how long it takes to get invite again and please can anyone let me know if there is any more practice test available???

TIA

45 minutes ago, Golden said:

Hi New to this forum

Just applied Sept 2020 for citizenship.

Darwin council 

still waiting for test invite. 
Does anyone know if you fail the test, do they give you another chance, how long it takes to get invite again and please can anyone let me know if there is any more practice test available???

TIA

Hi

no way anyone can fail this exam, unless you didn’t have a couple of hours to read the book.

it’s basically a common sense multiple choice questions, with some general knowledge about Australia which you should already know if you stayed 4 years here

good luck 

20 minutes ago, Emilio said:

Hi

no way anyone can fail this exam, unless you didn’t have a couple of hours to read the book.

it’s basically a common sense multiple choice questions, with some general knowledge about Australia which you should already know if you stayed 4 years here

good luck 

Thanks for your reply 

Just in case someone fails, want to know the options left behind . That’s it. 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Han21 said:

HI, In this group  I am very new. I just  query  any body  got any invitations  from  13 may 2020 from  under the canterbury  city  council  Nsw.  Test and application  location- Sydney  city  office. onwards. Me and my wife have been  applied but no updates yet.   If you guys have  any updates  can you share  please or give any advice  for me. Thanks.  

Han21.

Hi Han,

I applied citizenship on 12th May 2020, one day before you. I also chose Sydney office( I am living in Hornsby council). I have not received any notification about test. But I heard some people who submitted application on 9th May 2020  got notification and already passed the test. Let’s be patient and keep waiting. Wish we can got notification soon.

Kevin 

Hi, Thanks  kavin  for letting  me know.  But I heard  that and seen in this group somebody  applied in June/July they got test appointment  already.  How come  that's I am concerned. Also May applicants I saw lots of people  got invitations  for test.  However  I am asking  here if we want to change  test locations.  I am able  to do. Anyway  thank you very  much  for u time and advice.   Hope for  the best. Chhers

Han21

9 hours ago, Golden said:

Thanks for your reply 

Just in case someone fails, want to know the options left behind . That’s it. 

Thank you 

As I remember correctly, after your docs are checked by the officer, they will give you a piece of paper with ID login and few notes. There is one about if you fail, you will be given another 2 chances on the same day. I guess they restart your test.

And yes, anyone can fail if they do one answer wrong within 5 questions about Aus values. You should keep practising this part a lot then you will be fine.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tania said:

As I remember correctly, after your docs are checked by the officer, they will give you a piece of paper with ID login and few notes. There is one about if you fail, you will be given another 2 chances on the same day. I guess they restart your test.

And yes, anyone can fail if they do one answer wrong within 5 questions about Aus values. You should keep practising this part a lot then you will be fine.

Thank you Tania

thats what I was looking for. Yes I will prepare the Australian values part which is more important.

TIA

Sat my test and interview today, got a 100%! Noticed one of the questions was actually grammatically incorrect though... who should I contact? The question was along the lines of "How should you respond if a police officer asks you to comply with a lawful order?" and the options all started with, "Yes, because...." ie "Yes, because in Australia I follow all Australian laws" or something like that.

But an answer to a "How" question should never start with "Yes, because" which is just silly.

Anyway, just checked when I got home and the application is approved now 🙂

• Like 1

Hello

i took my test on the 10th of February and passed But my application is still not approved.. my friends got their applications approved the same day or 2 days later. 
what could be delaying the approval  , international travels?

Citizenship applied -13Jan2020

test invite -4th Feb2021for 12 March2021

rescheduled -5th Feb 2021.

passed with 100%
waiting for approval?

Just now, NRK said:

Hello

i took my test on the 10th of February and passed But my application is still not approved.. my friends got their applications approved the same day or 2 days later. 
what could be delaying the approval  , international travels?

Citizenship applied -13Jan2020

test invite -4th Feb2021for 12 March2021

rescheduled -5th Feb 2021.

passed with 100%
waiting for approval?

Melbourne CBD 

1 minute ago, NRK said:

Melbourne CBD 

I took my interview in Melbourne CBD also, and the officer who processed my application on the day just told me that she approved my applications. From my conversation with her, it's mainly the documents uploaded to Immi account. For me, I'm pretty meticulous in preparing my scan documents. I always included a high quality original colour scan of any document, which is very readable, translations if required. I attached all the documents in the Required section; and to my best effort, all the documents I can get my hands on in the Additional document section.

I guess it wouldn't hurt just ask the one who process your application on the test day whether or not your application would be approved on spot, or what additional details they were looking for... etc

6 minutes ago, David Ng said:

I took my interview in Melbourne CBD also, and the officer who processed my application on the day just told me that she approved my applications. From my conversation with her, it's mainly the documents uploaded to Immi account. For me, I'm pretty meticulous in preparing my scan documents. I always included a high quality original colour scan of any document, which is very readable, translations if required. I attached all the documents in the Required section; and to my best effort, all the documents I can get my hands on in the Additional document section.

I guess it wouldn't hurt just ask the one who process your application on the test day whether or not your application would be approved on spot, or what additional details they were looking for... etc

Thank you for your reply. We uploaded everything as well , the person didn’t ask for any document because everything was uploaded. 

I didn’t get a chance to talk to him after my test therefore couldn’t ask.I think I should email them just to know what’s going on.

21 hours ago, Melbournian said:

No reason not to acknowledge it - if you have seen the invite.

Its always good to acknowledge - if you have not Missed looking at the invite. 

The invitation emails will come from this address: noreply@mail.appointments.homeaffairs.gov.au

That "noreply" there means that it won't be monitored so there's no point in replying/acknowledging it.

It's also a good idea to whitelist *.homeaffairs.gov.au in your email settings, depending on which email service you are using.

After you've got an appointment, you can come back and change it any time to any available slot. Their appointment system is very flexible and easy to change. I brought forward my appointment 20 days sooner. You should check back multiple time as available slots will change frequently, I was able to book to even the next day when I was checking back in Jan, but I wasn't well prepared so I booked it in a week time.

Just received my approval today! No email or anything currently, but been checking my IMMI account religiously and the status has changed to approved! 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE
Type: Citizenship by Conferral

Number of Applicants: 1
Application Submitted: May 7, 2020

Appointment Letter Received: January 15, 2021. 
Test and Interview: February 17, 2021 / Rescheduled via text message to February 11, 2021 
Approval: February 17, 2021 
Ceremony: TBD

Immi Status: 
Approved - February 17, 2021

3 hours ago, galisuman said:

Forum any one got invites for Brisbane ceremony for March 18th I didnt 😭

Hi, 

Do you know whether they have already sent out invitations? Someone mention in another forum that March ceremony has been postponed to April.

I'm from Brisbane and my application has been approved in Oct and I haven't received anything yet.

Not sure if it's relevant to my approval (which I checked as soon as I got home)... but the way the rooms were setup I walked by my interviewer to leave after I passed the test and she didn't have anyone so I stood there with a huge smile and gave her a thumbs up, and she gave me a big smile and also a thumbs up back! lol I was just so excited. So maybe if it's possible, give your interviewer a thumbs up and act like a total dork once you pass the test, and maybe you'll get approved right then! lol

Edited by expatica
  • Haha 1