Jump to content
04April2017DE

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, cams326 said:

Hi everyone,

I lodged my citizenship a few weeks ago. I am just wondering if there is anyone's application here that was processed quicker than expected? I am kind of hoping to still be able to get the $25K grant from government if there is any chance the citizenship will be granted this year. 😕

Thank you all 🙂

 

Hey @cams326

We are hoping and praying for the same too lodged end of June haven't heard anything yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tt2 said:

Hey @cams326

We are hoping and praying for the same too lodged end of June haven't heard anything yet.

Hi @tt2

I do hope they process the applications sooner since Australia is currently encouraging people to buy homes now. I'll try to give them a call and see. Nothing to lose anyway. I'll keep you posted here. 🙂

 

  • Like 1

 

Citizenship Application

Date of applied          21/07/2020

Current Visa              186 TRT

Invitation                     Awaiting

Test Date                     Awaiting

Approval                      Awaiting

Ceremony                   Awaiting

PR Visa Application

Occupation: Marketing Specialist
State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 186 TRT

Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 
Nomination applied: 30 January 2019 
Visa Application submitted: 18 April 2019 (Police Checks and Medical already provided)

ENS 186 Nomination approved on 19 June 2019
IMMI Status: FINALISED

Visa Approved: 01 July 2019

NOTE: I applied for my first TRT in Feb 2018. However, my nomination was refused (January 2019. Previous 186 Visa Application was withdrawn.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cams326 said:

Hi everyone,

I lodged my citizenship a few weeks ago. I am just wondering if there is anyone's application here that was processed quicker than expected? I am kind of hoping to still be able to get the $25K grant from government if there is any chance the citizenship will be granted this year. 😕

Thank you all 🙂

 

Nobody can say for certain but I don’t think it’s very likely. 
I submitted in June 2019, had my test booked for April 2020, that was cancelled because of Covid and they haven’t started tests again in NSW since, meaning there’s quite a backlog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Danny842003 said:

Nobody can say for certain but I don’t think it’s very likely. 
I submitted in June 2019, had my test booked for April 2020, that was cancelled because of Covid and they haven’t started tests again in NSW since, meaning there’s quite a backlog. 

Thank you @Danny842003

Yes, I understand. It would be a long shot 😞

Just hoping the situation gets better soon! Hope all of you are 🙂 

 


 

Citizenship Application

Date of applied          21/07/2020

Current Visa              186 TRT

Invitation                     Awaiting

Test Date                     Awaiting

Approval                      Awaiting

Ceremony                   Awaiting

PR Visa Application

Occupation: Marketing Specialist
State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 186 TRT

Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 
Nomination applied: 30 January 2019 
Visa Application submitted: 18 April 2019 (Police Checks and Medical already provided)

ENS 186 Nomination approved on 19 June 2019
IMMI Status: FINALISED

Visa Approved: 01 July 2019

NOTE: I applied for my first TRT in Feb 2018. However, my nomination was refused (January 2019. Previous 186 Visa Application was withdrawn.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cams326 said:

Hi everyone,

I lodged my citizenship a few weeks ago. I am just wondering if there is anyone's application here that was processed quicker than expected? I am kind of hoping to still be able to get the $25K grant from government if there is any chance the citizenship will be granted this year. 😕

Thank you all 🙂

 

$25K grant from the government? What is this grant for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

$25K grant from the government? What is this grant for?

I believe it’s a home builder/buyer grant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Danny842003 said:

I believe it’s a home builder/buyer grant 

Ah okay right. Yeah that makes sense then. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey

Original UK citizen 

i thought I’d give my timeline as I just had my virtual ceremony last week. I was very lucky with how quickly mine all processed:

Applied for citizenship: 14th Jan 2020

Test Date: 11th March 2020 (rescheduled from May). Approved same day. 
 

I called Home Affairs in July to follow up on virtual ceremonies as may need to leave the country in Oct. Told to email to request which I did. 
Email received 31st July with ceremony date

Virtual Ceremony: 6th August 2020 - finalised same day. 
 

Currently awaiting certificate in post. 
 

Sometimes following up helps. Good luck all 😁

  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2020 at 14:08, cams326 said:

Thank you @Danny842003

Yes, I understand. It would be a long shot 😞

Just hoping the situation gets better soon! Hope all of you are 🙂 

 

Arent you eligible as PR for this grant? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone, 

An update as today we received an invitation for our interview and test! Very surprised - we were not expecting the invite so soon. We thought there would be a big back log due to Covid. It is scheduled for 11th Sep. We're located in Perth and our application was submitted on 11/02/2020. 

Our daughter became a citizen on 05/08/2020 as she didn't need to have an interview or test.

Good luck to everyone here!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi All applied for citizenship yesterday, I recieved my PR last year May 2019. I was qualified to apply for citizenship in May 2020 delayed due to paperwork especially 1195 form. My son born in Australia got his citizenship and passport last month so didn't include him in the application. So my watch starts from today best of luck to other applicants [emoji2][emoji2]


Hi how long it took for your son to approve ?
Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Britralian said:

Hey

Original UK citizen 

i thought I’d give my timeline as I just had my virtual ceremony last week. I was very lucky with how quickly mine all processed:

Applied for citizenship: 14th Jan 2020

Test Date: 11th March 2020 (rescheduled from May). Approved same day. 
 

I called Home Affairs in July to follow up on virtual ceremonies as may need to leave the country in Oct. Told to email to request which I did. 
Email received 31st July with ceremony date

Virtual Ceremony: 6th August 2020 - finalised same day. 
 

Currently awaiting certificate in post. 
 

Sometimes following up helps. Good luck all 😁

Hello @Britralian

Congratulations! 🙂 May I ask what state did you apply?

 


 

Citizenship Application

Date of applied          21/07/2020

Current Visa              186 TRT

Invitation                     Awaiting

Test Date                     Awaiting

Approval                      Awaiting

Ceremony                   Awaiting

PR Visa Application

Occupation: Marketing Specialist
State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 186 TRT

Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 
Nomination applied: 30 January 2019 
Visa Application submitted: 18 April 2019 (Police Checks and Medical already provided)

ENS 186 Nomination approved on 19 June 2019
IMMI Status: FINALISED

Visa Approved: 01 July 2019

NOTE: I applied for my first TRT in Feb 2018. However, my nomination was refused (January 2019. Previous 186 Visa Application was withdrawn.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dodziu said:

Arent you eligible as PR for this grant? 

Hello @dodziu

According to Revenue NSW, only citizens are eligible. 😞 See this link: https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-06/Fact_sheet_HomeBuilder_0.pdf


 

Citizenship Application

Date of applied          21/07/2020

Current Visa              186 TRT

Invitation                     Awaiting

Test Date                     Awaiting

Approval                      Awaiting

Ceremony                   Awaiting

PR Visa Application

Occupation: Marketing Specialist
State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 186 TRT

Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 
Nomination applied: 30 January 2019 
Visa Application submitted: 18 April 2019 (Police Checks and Medical already provided)

ENS 186 Nomination approved on 19 June 2019
IMMI Status: FINALISED

Visa Approved: 01 July 2019

NOTE: I applied for my first TRT in Feb 2018. However, my nomination was refused (January 2019. Previous 186 Visa Application was withdrawn.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied Citizenship  21/01/2020 ( my self and dependent)

Current citizenship    India

Invitation                    Awaiting

Test Date                    Awaiting

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

My daughter born last year got citizenship, passport within 1 month

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Britralian said:

Hey

Original UK citizen 

i thought I’d give my timeline as I just had my virtual ceremony last week. I was very lucky with how quickly mine all processed:

Applied for citizenship: 14th Jan 2020

Test Date: 11th March 2020 (rescheduled from May). Approved same day. 
 

I called Home Affairs in July to follow up on virtual ceremonies as may need to leave the country in Oct. Told to email to request which I did. 
Email received 31st July with ceremony date

Virtual Ceremony: 6th August 2020 - finalised same day. 
 

Currently awaiting certificate in post. 
 

Sometimes following up helps. Good luck all 😁

It's great, did you apply under Australian citizenship by conferral ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jbms said:

 


Hi how long it took for your son to approve ?
Thanks

 

For my daughter, it took just over a month, citizenship, and receiving a Aussie passport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bikramjit Singh Gill said:

It's great, did you apply under Australian citizenship by conferral ?

Yes I did 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jlucy said:

Hi Everyone, 

An update as today we received an invitation for our interview and test! Very surprised - we were not expecting the invite so soon. We thought there would be a big back log due to Covid. It is scheduled for 11th Sep. We're located in Perth and our application was submitted on 11/02/2020. 

Our daughter became a citizen on 05/08/2020 as she didn't need to have an interview or test.

Good luck to everyone here!

 

It is excellent news. Congratulations. I submitted my application on 4 December last year based in Sydney. No response so far. Desperately, waiting for T/I call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jlucy said:

Hi Everyone, 

An update as today we received an invitation for our interview and test! Very surprised - we were not expecting the invite so soon. We thought there would be a big back log due to Covid. It is scheduled for 11th Sep. We're located in Perth and our application was submitted on 11/02/2020. 

Our daughter became a citizen on 05/08/2020 as she didn't need to have an interview or test.

Good luck to everyone here!

 

Congratulations so exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 27/05/2020 at 22:02, ramot said:

Citizenship applied for today.

Will be interesting to compare time lines, as we don’t have to take the test.

pearplumpie did you have to still have an interview? 

Received my approval of citizenship letter today. Husband still to hear, letter reads citizenship ceremonies might take 6 moths or more, we might opt for a virtual ceremony.

we are on the Sunshine Coast

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Edited by ramot
  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@warren84 I am living in the eastern suburbs of Sydney which is close to Sydney city office. Will Parramatta consider only western Sydney suburbs applicants? Will they consider other areas of Sydney as well? Very ambiguous situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 14/08/2020 at 23:19, warren84 said:

Hi All

Good news! Following on from Perth restarting In-person citizenship appointments, Adelaide, Parramatta and Brisbane have now followed suit. No word yet on Sydney Central or NSW/Qld regional offices, but hopefully coming soon!😀

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship


Interesting I had my test in Para canceled two working days before it was booked. You would imagine I would be at the front of the line but haven’t heard anything yet. 

Edited by Danny842003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×