AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

6 minutes ago, cams326 said:

Hi everyone,

I lodged my citizenship a few weeks ago. I am just wondering if there is anyone's application here that was processed quicker than expected? I am kind of hoping to still be able to get the $25K grant from government if there is any chance the citizenship will be granted this year. 😕

Thank you all 🙂

Hey @cams326

We are hoping and praying for the same too lodged end of June haven't heard anything yet.

Just now, tt2 said:

Hey @cams326

We are hoping and praying for the same too lodged end of June haven't heard anything yet.

Hi @tt2

I do hope they process the applications sooner since Australia is currently encouraging people to buy homes now. I'll try to give them a call and see. Nothing to lose anyway. I'll keep you posted here. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cams326 said:

Hi everyone,

I lodged my citizenship a few weeks ago. I am just wondering if there is anyone's application here that was processed quicker than expected? I am kind of hoping to still be able to get the $25K grant from government if there is any chance the citizenship will be granted this year. 😕

Thank you all 🙂

Nobody can say for certain but I don’t think it’s very likely. 
I submitted in June 2019, had my test booked for April 2020, that was cancelled because of Covid and they haven’t started tests again in NSW since, meaning there’s quite a backlog. 

Just now, Danny842003 said:

Nobody can say for certain but I don’t think it’s very likely. 
I submitted in June 2019, had my test booked for April 2020, that was cancelled because of Covid and they haven’t started tests again in NSW since, meaning there’s quite a backlog. 

Thank you @Danny842003

Yes, I understand. It would be a long shot 😞

Just hoping the situation gets better soon! Hope all of you are 🙂 

2 hours ago, cams326 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you all 🙂

$25K grant from the government? What is this grant for?

Hey

Original UK citizen 

i thought I’d give my timeline as I just had my virtual ceremony last week. I was very lucky with how quickly mine all processed:

Applied for citizenship: 14th Jan 2020

Test Date: 11th March 2020 (rescheduled from May). Approved same day. 

I called Home Affairs in July to follow up on virtual ceremonies as may need to leave the country in Oct. Told to email to request which I did. 
Email received 31st July with ceremony date

Virtual Ceremony: 6th August 2020 - finalised same day. 

Currently awaiting certificate in post. 

Sometimes following up helps. Good luck all 😁

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

Hi Everyone, 

An update as today we received an invitation for our interview and test! Very surprised - we were not expecting the invite so soon. We thought there would be a big back log due to Covid. It is scheduled for 11th Sep. We're located in Perth and our application was submitted on 11/02/2020. 

Our daughter became a citizen on 05/08/2020 as she didn't need to have an interview or test.

Good luck to everyone here!

• Like 2

Hi All applied for citizenship yesterday, I recieved my PR last year May 2019. I was qualified to apply for citizenship in May 2020 delayed due to paperwork especially 1195 form. My son born in Australia got his citizenship and passport last month so didn't include him in the application. So my watch starts from today best of luck to other applicants [emoji2][emoji2]

Hi how long it took for your son to approve ?
Thanks

14 hours ago, Britralian said:

Hey

Original UK citizen 

i thought I’d give my timeline as I just had my virtual ceremony last week. I was very lucky with how quickly mine all processed:

I called Home Affairs in July to follow up on virtual ceremonies as may need to leave the country in Oct. Told to email to request which I did. 

Hello @Britralian

Congratulations! 🙂 May I ask what state did you apply?

Applied Citizenship  21/01/2020 ( my self and dependent)

Current citizenship    India

Invitation                    Awaiting

Test Date                    Awaiting

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

My daughter born last year got citizenship, passport within 1 month

17 hours ago, Britralian said:

Hey

Original UK citizen 

It's great, did you apply under Australian citizenship by conferral ?

18 hours ago, Jlucy said:

Hi Everyone, 

An update as today we received an invitation for our interview and test! Very surprised - we were not expecting the invite so soon. We thought there would be a big back log due to Covid. It is scheduled for 11th Sep. We're located in Perth and our application was submitted on 11/02/2020. 

Our daughter became a citizen on 05/08/2020 as she didn't need to have an interview or test.

It is excellent news. Congratulations. I submitted my application on 4 December last year based in Sydney. No response so far. Desperately, waiting for T/I call. 

22 hours ago, Jlucy said:

Hi Everyone, 

Congratulations so exciting.

On 27/05/2020 at 22:02, ramot said:

Citizenship applied for today.

Will be interesting to compare time lines, as we don’t have to take the test.

pearplumpie did you have to still have an interview? 

Received my approval of citizenship letter today. Husband still to hear, letter reads citizenship ceremonies might take 6 moths or more, we might opt for a virtual ceremony.

we are on the Sunshine Coast

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Edited by ramot
  • Congratulations 1

On 14/08/2020 at 23:19, warren84 said:

Hi All

Good news! Following on from Perth restarting In-person citizenship appointments, Adelaide, Parramatta and Brisbane have now followed suit. No word yet on Sydney Central or NSW/Qld regional offices, but hopefully coming soon!😀

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship

Interesting I had my test in Para canceled two working days before it was booked. You would imagine I would be at the front of the line but haven’t heard anything yet. 

Edited by Danny842003