AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

2 minutes ago, Act said:

Congratulations on the approval.

Could you please tell us how many applicants roughly were there with you. Your overall observation / guess on how many people attending the office each day for test ?

There were about 10 - 20 other people inside Home Affair Melbourne CBD office during my time there.

1 minute ago, David Ng said:

There were about 10 - 20 other people inside Home Affair Melbourne CBD office during my time there.

Thanks for letting us know.

Looks like to be long wait for people applied in 2020 onwards.

They can not even finish on who's test were cancelled and new dec 2019 applicants.

HI All,

I applied for my citizenship in April 2020 and today I got the email request to do my test in March2021 at Parramatta 

Could someone please suggest where I could practice for the test?

Thanks,

Edited by Kamila

1 hour ago, David Ng said:

So I attended my Citizenship Interview today. The lady who took my case was very nice and friendly, she told me that she would look through all the documents I have uploaded and if she needed to see any additional documents, she would tell me. She didn't ask for any additional documents except my Medicare card (I have prepared everything in my bag just in case though).

She asked me only 1 question, whether or not I have had any offences including traffic offences before, I honestly told her that I had a couple speeding tickets, she asked me whether or not I had to go to court for those, I said no, then all good!

My timeline:

• 23/12/2019: application submitted, Melbourne Southeast surburb
  • Some time in Feb 2020 I received invitation for Citizenship Interview on 27/05/2020, then it was postponed not long after due to the pandemic
  • 28/01/2021: received invitation to a Citizenship Interview on 25/02/2021, rescheduled to 05/02/2021
  • 05/02/2021: Citizenship Interview, all the process was verrry quick! I was inside only 20 minutes 😄, approved on spot (the officer told me that she approved the application after I've got 100% mark on her iPad, it would show up immediately on my ImmiAccount, I've just logged in and had a look, my application was approved)
  • waiting for ceremony invitation, the lady there tole me that I'll probably need to wait up to 6 months for it...

Hi there,

Do you mind sharing the link you practiced for your citizenship test? Thanks

3 hours ago, PTSydney said:

hey mates,

Does anyone know how long it is taking for the citizenship ceremony in Sydney or North Sydney?

thanks

Hi,

when did you get your approval, i got my approval on 2nd September and still waiting to hear from them. Sydney.

44 minutes ago, Loz87 said:

After finding out I have been approved on 27th January I have now received notification that my ceremony will be at the end of March 😁 
So happy !

Congratulations 🙂

can you please tell me which state you applied from? I Got my approval on 2nd September and still waiting for ceremony invite.

Hi Guys

Here are the websites:

1. easydrivingtest.com.au

2. citizenshiptestaustralia.com.au

3. theaustraliantest.com

4. assiecitizenshiptest.com

5. free-australian-citizenship-test.musitrature.com

6. aussian.com

7. australiancitizenshipsupport.com. I paid $29 to have an account to practice

Good luck

Edited by Tania

On 05/02/2021 at 15:08, Act said:

Congratulations on the approval.

Could you please tell us how many applicants roughly were there with you. Your overall observation / guess on how many people attending the office each day for test based on how many you saw there in your timeslot ?

Melbourne interview waiting time appears to be longer than other states, perhaps due to its longer lockdown period? 

Waiting for council ceremony is another new waiting game.

Hi All

Applied Citizenship  19/01/2020 

Current citizenship    Egypt

Local Council             Cardinia Shire, Victoria

Invitation                    04/02/2021

Test Date                    12/03/2021 rescheduled 08/02/2021

Approval                    08/02/2021

Ceremony                  Awaiting TBA

easy test, friendly interview.

good practice materials are:

Cheers,

Emil

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my timeline

15/03/2020: Application submitted, regional VIC

31/12/2020: Updated address to QLD ( relocated)

02/02/2021: Received invitation to take citizenship test for march 2nd. Reschedule for Feb 4th.

04/02/2021: Passed citizenship test w 100%. I checked my immiaccount that night and the day after and still showed "Received", so I stopped checking.

09/02/2021: Checked immiaccount just in case, shows "Approved" 😄

Ceremony: waiting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

Does anyone know how to contact a case worker to enquire about the status of your citizenship lodgement, without annoying Home Affairs? (Ugh that sounds soooo American......'Home Affairs' 🤮)

No... unfortunately there is nothing you can do and no one to contact if it's within the current processing time frame.

On 27/01/2021 at 17:36, fary said:

Hi All,

Any member from SA who applied in October 2020 and have received test invite yet Please?

Thank you 

Hi

It might be useful. An update on my wife's application: 

Lodgement date: 8th Sep 2020

Test invitation received: Someday in Nov 2020 for 21/12/2020

Test: 21/12/2020-passed, remained in "received" status

Approval date: 23 Jan 2021

Waiting for ceremony invitation

Adelaide, SA

12 hours ago, Mason said:

Hi

It might be useful. An update on my wife's application: 

Lodgement date: 8th Sep 2020

Test invitation received: Someday in Nov 2020 for 21/12/2020

Test: 21/12/2020-passed, remained in "received" status

Approval date: 23 Jan 2021

Waiting for ceremony invitation

Adelaide, SA

That's good! Thanks for sharing.  I hope you receive invitation for ceremony very soon.