AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

So happy that I passed my citizenship test on Friday and it was approved in my Immiaccount instantly. Now just to wait for the ceremony. 

Applied: 31st Oct 2020

Invited: 22nd Dec 2020

Test Date: 2nd Feb 2021 (rescheduled to 29th Jan 2021)

Approval: 29th Jan 2021

Ceremony: Awaiting

Perth, WA

1 hour ago, yw9000000 said:

So happy that I passed my citizenship test on Friday and it was approved in my Immiaccount instantly. Now just to wait for the ceremony. 

Applied: 31st Oct 2020

Invited: 22nd Dec 2020

Test Date: 2nd Feb 2021 (rescheduled to 29th Jan 2021)

Approval: 29th Jan 2021

Ceremony: Awaiting

Perth, WA

Congrats to you.

Well. Bad luck for Melbourne people as Perth still doing test even though they are in 5 tough lockdown lol. 

Melbourne -> Most liveable city but "not" at all if you want to apply for Citizenship here. In a nutshell: "No" to little work done by Melbourne DHA for people waiting here for sooo long.

19 hours ago, Tania said:

Hello everyone

Please advise the BEST website to practice the test. I have tried different websites but would like to ask for your advices for the best one.

Is it necessary to purchase $29 to practice the test on AustralianCitizenshipSupport.com? Anyone tried this one yet? 

As we are not allowed to fail any of the 5 questions about the common bond so I am a bit scared.

Thank you

I did all the tests that I could find online - and of course read through Our Common Bond several times a well.  The extra questions are about Australia Values and are very easy/obvious to answer. There's no need to bother paying for tests when there are so many online and the answers are all in the booklet anyway!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Melbournian said:

Yes. The website is intelligent in backend and will "Pop Up SECTION" in "attach Page " section - all relevant documents.

If you fill in correct details for the IN/OUT travel locations, it will ask you for all required foreign country PCC. Australian Police check is done by department itself.

Usually you have to provide PCC for countries you visit after PR (for 90 days - including your home country)

Is this from when it was granted or when it was activated? Eg my visa was granted in July 2016 but didn’t arrive in Aus until 2017

17 hours ago, Pearl44 said:

I got my approval on 2nd September 2020 and said okay to do virtual ceremony, haven’t got anything yet. NSW

when did you get your Approval?

ahh ok, I got my approval on the 13th Jan. seems like there is a long wait.

On 21/09/2020 at 13:21, JK_69 said:

I called and asked Home Affairs, they said the test center will be arranged following the new address. I'm thinking to relocate too, too much depression under Dan. They said if you change the address or driving license, just update in Immi and wait :). You can call and double check.

Hello everyone! I just received invitation to sit my test! Please advise me how can I bring that appointment forward? I remember I read here some people were able to bring it sooner, they have asked me to sit my test march 2, I'm heavily pregnant and not sure if I'll make it til then! I don't want to risk not sitting my test if baby comes early. I applied for citizenship March 2020, in Victoria. Recently moved to QLD, I updated my address in December and received my test appointment today for March 2nd 2021 in Brisbane.

IM SO EXCITED! thanks!!

3 hours ago, Beckb said:

Is this from when it was granted or when it was activated? Eg my visa was granted in July 2016 but didn’t arrive in Aus until 2017

Fill in all the details and the website can tell you what to submit. 

It is designed in a Good way and ask only essentials. Fill in correct details. 

6 hours ago, hushi19 said:

Hello everyone! I just received invitation to sit my test! Please advise me how can I bring that appointment forward? I remember I read here some people were able to bring it sooner, they have asked me to sit my test march 2, I'm heavily pregnant and not sure if I'll make it til then! I don't want to risk not sitting my test if baby comes early. I applied for citizenship March 2020, in Victoria. Recently moved to QLD, I updated my address in December and received my test appointment today for March 2nd 2021 in Brisbane.

IM SO EXCITED! thanks!!

You can reschedule it from https://appointments.homeaffairs.gov.au/login

2 minutes ago, Darwin0832 said:

Anyone in this group got approval who cleared the test in January 2021

My Wife & Son just got the approval letter today, they got approved on the same day within an hour of doing the test in Perth on 25th Jan,

I finished test prior to her on the same day, still waiting for approval. 

I passed my test on 15 sep. Case officer asked me for secondary school certificate because he said the birth certificate which i gave from consulate is not acceptable. I uploaded  school certificate same day . My immiaccount status is still showing further assessment.

15 minutes ago, raj2021 said:

I passed my test on 15 sep. Case officer asked me for secondary school certificate because he said the birth certificate which i gave from consulate is not acceptable. I uploaded  school certificate same day . My immiaccount status is still showing further assessment.

Looks like the status of Further Assessment always keep long. Have you contacted with the case officer yet?

7 minutes ago, raj2021 said:

There is no direct contact of case officer provided anywhere. I emailed few times to perth.citizenship@homeaffairs.gov.au but no reply. 

When did you lodge your application?

Edited by Ding

12 minutes ago, raj2021 said:

Applied 25 may 2020

Test  passed on 15 September 2020 and asked for secondary school certificate by case officer during interview which i provided on same day.

Staus- Further assessment 

Sick of checking immiaccount again and again everyday.

Yes, so do I. 

But I think your early processing was so fast, 5 months from application lodge to test. 

4 minutes ago, raj2021 said:

In perth it is quick compared to other cities. I know few people who got invited for test in less than three months in perth.

When did case office request your new birth certificate, the same day of test?