AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Hi all. I did my test 19 December and got approved 20 mins after the test. Now I am waiting for my ceremony. I was wondering how long is going to take to get the invitation for the ceremony? Do they normally send the letter 2~3weeks before? I really want to do on Australia day.  Thanks! 😊 

Citizenship applied 11/09/2020

Invitation letter received 13/11/2020

Test and interview date 19/12/2020

Approved 19/12/2020 

Council  onkaparinga, SA

My wife applied in early September 2020 (Adelaide, SA) and invited for the test on 20th Dec 2020. She did the test successfully and now we are still waiting for the application to be approved. It is in "received status" and we have not heard anything from them yet. 

5 hours ago, Mason said:

My wife applied in early September 2020 (Adelaide, SA) and invited for the test on 20th Dec 2020. She did the test successfully and now we are still waiting for the application to be approved. It is in "received status" and we have not heard anything from them yet. 

It seems the tests has not resumed as well and DoHA has not started working normally yet after Xmas holidays. I think they will resume tests etc in a week time. They are still on holidays I think.

3 minutes ago, Melb2016 said:

Hi all,

Applied from Melbourne in April 2020. Still no news, status is received. Anyone in VIC got through over the last few months?

Thanks. 

I also applied in April 2020 in Melbourne. 17 year old son approved and citizen in 2 months as didn't need to do test or interview. Great for him with uni coming up. Husband and I are still waiting.

3 minutes ago, pearplumpie said:

I also applied in April 2020 in Melbourne. 17 year old son approved and citizen in 2 months as didn't need to do test or interview. Great for him with uni coming up. Husband and I are still waiting.

Thanks for the response. So some applications are being assessed. Did your son apply on a separate application then? We have our 2 year old on mine. Clearly she won’t be doing any test or interview either. 

22 minutes ago, Melb2016 said:

Thanks for the response. So some applications are being assessed. Did your son apply on a separate application then? We have our 2 year old on mine. Clearly she won’t be doing any test or interview either. 

yes children aged 16 and above have their own application which is why he has already been approved separately to us. 16 and 17 year olds do not have to do the test or interview which is what makes it speedy. Thrilled for my son as it now means he has access to the loans for university. Our applications were linked bu was soon as he was approved I unlinked them so that he could proceed to a citizenship ceremony (online) on his own to get it finalised.

5 minutes ago, pearplumpie said:

yes children aged 16 and above have their own application which is why he has already been approved separately to us. 16 and 17 year olds do not have to do the test or interview which is what makes it speedy. Thrilled for my son as it now means he has access to the loans for university. Our applications were linked bu was soon as he was approved I unlinked them so that he could proceed to a citizenship ceremony (online) on his own to get it finalised.

Nice, good to hear about your son. Ok I suppose we should just wait for longer in VIC. Hopefully things speed up this year....

Guys any news on brisbane ceremonies I called the council and also home affairs both said I have to wait for 6 months as the list for Jan 26 is getting finalised and if I made it I would be contacted. I am sick and tired of checking post box every day they should get it done its been 7 years... I know I ain't going any where but anxiety is killing...

14 hours ago, galisuman said:

Guys any news on brisbane ceremonies I called the council and also home affairs both said I have to wait for 6 months as the list for Jan 26 is getting finalised and if I made it I would be contacted. I am sick and tired of checking post box every day they should get it done its been 7 years... I know I ain't going any where but anxiety is killing...

Hi galisuman, 

I think we have to wait a bit longer. AFAIK, people who applied early 2020 or before are being invited for Jan 26 ceremony and I believe they have only a handful of invitations for Jan 26 ceremony. My application was approved 20/Nov/2020, still haven't heard anything from Council or DHA.. 

17 hours ago, Melb2016 said:

Hi all,

Applied from Melbourne in April 2020. Still no news, status is received. Anyone in VIC got through over the last few months?

Thanks. 

I and my wife applied from Melbourne on 23 Dec 2019. Wife was invited to the test in May 2020 but it has been postponed and we haven't heard anything since then... 

1 hour ago, Chennaiguy said:

Hi galisuman, 

I think we have to wait a bit longer. AFAIK, people who applied early 2020 or before are being invited for Jan 26 ceremony and I believe they have only a handful of invitations for Jan 26 ceremony. My application was approved 20/Nov/2020, still haven't heard anything from Council or DHA.. 

Thanks mate I was told ceremony has to happen within 6 months of approval though so I was approved in December so anytime before June 2021 I guess 

On 09/01/2021 at 18:26, Lynkim said:

Hi all. I did my test 19 December and got approved 20 mins after the test. Now I am waiting for my ceremony. I was wondering how long is going to take to get the invitation for the ceremony? Do they normally send the letter 2~3weeks before? I really want to do on Australia day.  Thanks! 😊 

Approved 19/12/2020 

Council  onkaparinga, SA

Hi @Lynkim i did test beginning of October and was approved same day, was not even invited for Australia day and my council told me that immigration hasn't sent my name to council yet, they said hopefully I can do ceremony in March. Fingers crossed for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tt2 said:

Hi @Lynkim i did test beginning of October and was approved same day, was not even invited for Australia day and my council told me that immigration hasn't sent my name to council yet, they said hopefully I can do ceremony in March. Fingers crossed for you.

Are you talking about the same council or a different one?  If different, can you advise which?

On 10/01/2021 at 20:01, galisuman said:

I have been following this forum for a while and I can't still understand what it is with some people here?

what kind of expectations do you have when the Doha is pretty clear saying that processing time is between 23and29 months? everything else that comes before that consider yourself LUCKY.

No to mention that people here keep calling obsessively and encouraging other to call Doha and council when in the approval letter they discourage you on doing so.

Seriously.

On 09/01/2021 at 19:56, Lynkim said:

Approved 19/12/2020 

Council  onkaparinga, SA

Hi did u gave test in Centrelink or DOHA office ...thank you 

On 10/01/2021 at 19:31, galisuman said:

Hey, not sure if the below helps 🙂 

Upcoming ceremonies

A citizenship ceremony will be held on:

• Tuesday 26 January 2021, Royal International Convention Centre
  • Thursday 18 March 2021, Brisbane City Hall
  • Monday 19 April 2021, Brisbane City Hall
  • Monday 24 May 2021, Brisbane City Hall
  • Wednesday 14 July 2021, Brisbane City Hall
  • Wednesday 4 August 2021, Brisbane City Hall
  • Monday 30 August 2021, Brisbane City Hall
  • Monday 11 October 2021, Brisbane City Hall
  • Monday 29 November 2021, Brisbane City Hall