AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

8 hours ago, mujtaba123 said:

Hi guys. Could anyone help me with this? Do you get your citizenship certificate posted to you after approval on immi and before your ceremony? For ex. If you are approved after your test, would they send it within 10 days? Or is it just a letter of approval or something? 

Approval

We will send you a letter if we approve your application. We will then ask you to attend a citizenship ceremony and make a pledge of commitment. For most people, this is the final step to becoming an Australian citizen.

Some people do not have to attend a ceremony and make a pledge. If you are not required to make the pledge, you will receive your citizenship certificate with your approval letter.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo

My son received his Aus citizenship Certificate within 7 business days. 

19 hours ago, gmx said:

Yep ... Victoria is way behind all the other states and everything goes through the Melbourne office at the moment as the other offices are closed for tests/interviews.  It seems people who applied Nov/Dec 2019 were being called for tests/interviews at the moment in VIC.  Have seen people on another forum (Fair Go For Australian Citizenship on Facebook) mention that their scheduled tests in VIC and NSW have been cancelled again due to the outbreaks.

In Brisbane as you can see from the last post people who applied in Sep 2020 are being called for tests/interviews.

For reference, VIC had approx 57k applications outstanding at 31/10/2020 (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201100415-document-released.pdf) and there were 164k applications outstanding for Australia at 30/09/2020 (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201000456-document-released.PDF).

Oh dear that’s a long wait then we are looking at somewhere around may or June   2021 . Thanks a lot for the detailed reply . 
Will appreciate if people from Victoria keep me in the loop ! And I honestly hope they speed up the process 

On 30/12/2020 at 17:00, warren84 said:

Hi All,

I had my citizenship appointment booked in for 5th January at the Sydney CBD office but I've just received a text and email from DHA to cancel due to "the current concerns about the transmission of COVID-19 in Sydney". Apparently all appointments on 4th and 5th have been cancelled.

...so close!

Applied: 19Mar20 Sydney 

Test date: 05Jan20 rescheduled from 19Jan20. Cancelled due to Covid concerns. DHA to reschedule.

Thanks for the update @warren84! I am hoping you get another invitation soon.

15 minutes ago, littlefoot said:

Glad I'm not the only one waiting for approval. I did my test in Melbourne on 21st December. Still showing as 'received'.

When did you apply for Citizenship? We applied on 23/12/2019 and are still waiting for our test. It has been scheduled in 05/2020 but then got cancelled due to the pandemic.

Applied Citizenship  26/3/2020 

Invitation                    9/10/2020

Test Date                    27/10/2020

Approval                    27/10/2020

Ceremony                  Awaiting

Gold Coast City Council

1 minute ago, Sanna said:

Applied Citizenship  26/3/2020 

Invitation                    9/10/2020

Test Date                    27/10/2020

Approval                    27/10/2020

Ceremony                  Awaiting

Gold Coast City Council

Also, a friend of mine had her test at the start of October and received her ceremony invite at the start of December for Australia Day on the Sunshine Coast.

Has anyone asked the question or know anything about why Services Australia still aren't open for tests/interviews in regional VIC or whether this is a website error (says last updated 25-Nov-2020)?

According to this page ... https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship ...

"In-person citizenship appointments and tests have resumed across states and territories in accordance with health guidelines and local restrictions. In-person citizenship appointments and tests normally conducted by Services Australia have resumed in all regional locations except Victoria."

This means that testing hasn't resumed in Morwell, Shepparton, Bendigo, Warrnambool and Ballarat but not sure why this would be?

On 06/01/2021 at 00:27, pzuk said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone had any luck / any insights into timelines for Vic?

For reference, I submitted my application in June 2020 in Melbourne. Keen to hear other people’s experiences so far in Melbourne. 

Thanks a lot

My husbands application was filed in June 2020 no news so far . I just hope they speed up 

I spoke to a friend who works at a council in Victoria (metro) and is involved in the citizenship ceremonies, advised me that applications are coming through from DOHA, but very few compared to what they normally are, so things are happening, just slowly (which is no news to anybody).
I wonder whether DOHA staff cannot work on applications remotely due to security issues as there are still cappings on the number of people who can visit the office and therefore even though things have resumed, there aren't enough people for them to catch up.

Hey everyone 

my husband and I applied for citizenship on the 9th of October 2020!

still nothing yet 

I am wondering to know why is taking them so long considering that the applications for other visas have been cut out,considering that people from overseas can’t come inside!

A quick heads up for the Sydney siders with my timeline:

Citizenship Application: 08/03/2020
Invitation: 22/12/2020
Test Date: 06/01/2021 POSTPONED

Due to the current Outbreak in the greater Sydney Metropolitan Arean, a day before my test, they cancelled it.

New Test Date: TBD