AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

1 hour ago, Canada2Australia said:

Why are you worried about them being on holidays? They are entitled to holidays as well.

I really don't understand people's 'concerns' sometimes.

I agree. I don't know why some people do so much fuss about it. If your application supposed to be approved, it will be.

Who cares if it takes 2 weeks or 2 months longer.

We can't travel anyway.

16 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

Why are you worried about them being on holidays? They are entitled to holidays as well.

I really don't understand people's 'concerns' sometimes.

Maybe Ding has his/her own story and he/she didn't complain about it. They surely have a right to go for holiday but I also understand about Ding. It can be about job, buying house or studying. I also understand you that can't understand him/her but what reason that you are showing your negative opinion to that worrying person? It is scratching 2nd time the person's inside. This comment is literally uncomfortable to see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cairns123456677 said:

Maybe Ding has his/her own story and he/she didn't complain about it. They surely have a right to go for holiday but I also understand about Ding. It can be about job, buying house or studying. I also understand you that can't understand him/her but what reason that you are showing your negative opinion to that worrying person? It is scratching 2nd time the person's inside. This comment is literally uncomfortable to see. 

I would say most of us are in the same boat as Ding since we are actively listing here. I know I am, I'm also building a new house and considering going back to school. But my life has not changed or become worse simply because I have to wait longer for citizenship. He/she should consider themselves lucky to have PR at all instead of complaining (and they are) about a longer citizenship process. I know I am.

• Like 1

Hi all , 

my timeline 

application lodge: 18oct 20

test invite :28 nov 20 

test date:15dec 20 approved same day 

council: cairns 

since then nothing , don’t think australian day is possible now , called council they say the ceremony happens every month but they get the list from the departMent ...anyone recently got invite for ceremony in cairns...

Hi All,

I had my citizenship appointment booked in for 5th January at the Sydney CBD office but I've just received a text and email from DHA to cancel due to "the current concerns about the transmission of COVID-19 in Sydney". Apparently all appointments on 4th and 5th have been cancelled.

...so close!

Applied: 19Mar20 Sydney 

Test date: 05Jan20 rescheduled from 19Jan20. Cancelled due to Covid concerns. DHA to reschedule.

Edited by warren84

Hi all,

my husbands timeline as follows :

date of application: 23/6/2020 

Status of application: received 

no emails whatsoever 

can anyone of same or around timelines guide as to what to do ? I see ppl after june receiving their invitations and here we are still holding on tight . Any suggestions will be appreciated! Cheers

8 minutes ago, MrsHzp said:

Hi all,

my husbands timeline as follows :

date of application: 23/6/2020 

Status of application: received 

no emails whatsoever 

can anyone of same or around timelines guide as to what to do ? I see ppl after june receiving their invitations and here we are still holding on tight . Any suggestions will be appreciated! Cheers

Totally depends on where you live, you need to include your council and state to get a relevant reply.

On 26/12/2020 at 09:02, PaulPaul said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone in Brisbane received the ceremony invitation for 26 Jan?  

My application has been approved (12 Oct) but I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks

Hi,

Friend of mine got the invitation for the whole family (2+2).

They passed the tests in October in Brisbane

16 hours ago, Slav said:

Hi,

Friend of mine got the invitation for the whole family (2+2).

They passed the tests in October in Brisbane

Hi Slav,

Do you know anyone who is invited for the 26 Jan ceremony? Just trying to figure out the ceremony timeline in Brisbane.

Cheers

Hi guys. Could anyone help me with this? Do you get your citizenship certificate posted to you after approval on immi and before your ceremony? For ex. If you are approved after your test, would they send it within 10 days? Or is it just a letter of approval or something? 

On 28/12/2020 at 16:04, Cairns 15 dec said:

Hi all , 

my timeline 

application lodge: 18oct 20

test invite :28 nov 20 

test date:15dec 20 approved same day 

council: cairns 

since then nothing , don’t think australian day is possible now , called council they say the ceremony happens every month but they get the list from the departMent ...anyone recently got invite for ceremony in cairns...

i got mine approved on 20th of Nov 2020.

will post here if i get a letter for the ceremony.

The same Cairns

16 hours ago, A kaur said:

Citizenship applied - 24/09/2020

got an email on 2nd dec 2020 

citizenship test date - 16/02/2020

state Tasmania 

I was wondering how do you prepare for citizenship test? 

good luck everyone 👍🏽 
happy new year to you all 🍾🥂

Hi , just download our common bond booklet from immi website. All questions will come from your booklet.  Very easy. Do have a look ar the questions at the end of the booklet. It will be a multiple choice test.  Very easy and straightforward. 

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone I’m new to this thread 

My application Timeline are like this (Brisbane)

Citizenship File applied on = 4 September 2020

Got Test invitation on = 24 November 2020

Test date = 9 December 2020

Approved at same time when I finished my test

waiting for ceremony Now 

12 hours ago, MrsHzp said:

We live in Victoria , by council you mean the local council ? 

Yep ... Victoria is way behind all the other states and everything goes through the Melbourne office at the moment as the other offices are closed for tests/interviews.  It seems people who applied Nov/Dec 2019 were being called for tests/interviews at the moment in VIC.  Have seen people on another forum (Fair Go For Australian Citizenship on Facebook) mention that their scheduled tests in VIC and NSW have been cancelled again due to the outbreaks.

In Brisbane as you can see from the last post people who applied in Sep 2020 are being called for tests/interviews.

For reference, VIC had approx 57k applications outstanding at 31/10/2020 (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201100415-document-released.pdf) and there were 164k applications outstanding for Australia at 30/09/2020 (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201000456-document-released.PDF).