AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

8 minutes ago, Ding said:

Does anyone got approval after test around 08 Dec 2020? I'm worried about late approval, due to I have overseas travel in Jan, to UK for work. 

My timeline:

20 Aug 2015, 190 visa granted offshore

23 Dec 2015, first entry

23 Dec 2019, citizenship application lodged

25 Nov 2020, test invited

08 Dec 2020, test passed

Awaiting approval.

Did you apply in Sydney?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to inform the department about having a newborn while waiting for the citizenship process? is it automatic? I can't find the option on the immi account site and this https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/had-a-baby only says that the baby is citizen because we are permanent residents.

Has anyone been in this situation?

thank you, 

Just now, gui said:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to inform the department about having a newborn while waiting for the citizenship process? is it automatic? I can't find the option on the immi account site and this https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/had-a-baby only says that the baby is citizen because we are permanent residents.

thank you, 

You can attach related documentations in your application through immi lodgement. Then call the citizenship line. 

1 hour ago, gui said:

Hi,

thank you, 

Yes baby is a citizen. You apply separately for evidence of this (which is quick) then you can apply for a passport for them.

7 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Yes baby is a citizen. You apply separately for evidence of this (which is quick) then you can apply for a passport for them.

Thanks,

What about having to tell them that circumstances have changed? Would the evidence of citizenship be enough for that?

Hi waiters,

I got my citizenship approval on 20th of Nov 2020.

And still really really really waiting for my ceremony date. 

I actually sent 5 e-mails to them that I really wanna take a online ceremony within this year as i wanted to have a stress-free christmas and new year,

but they even reply.

How long in advance do they send the invitation for ceremony? anyone has idea?

I applied citizenship on online but they sent me in normal post and it delivered in 2weeks after i already checked on the portal....Just meaningless...

42 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

Waiting in Perth as well, I guess no hope for Australia day Ceremony

@garrychandi @Perth123 thought I would share this with you, did our citizenship test on the 12th of October in Perth and we were hoping to do Ceremony in January but was told today that immigration haven't  sent our information yet to our council. So will have to wait for a Ceremony in March 2021.

37 minutes ago, tt2 said:

@garrychandi @Perth123 thought I would share this with you, did our citizenship test on the 12th of October in Perth and we were hoping to do Ceremony in January but was told today that immigration haven't  sent our information yet to our council. So will have to wait for a Ceremony in March 2021.

Ahh i see, i am hoping for an approval at the moment. Which council are you from ? There are some councils with few hundred backlogs in Perth

22 minutes ago, Ding said:

Do you think the nationality matters of the processing time? Even from the official saying, there is no "discrimination". 

I don't think so, but saw some delays where applicant has refugee visa. My case is pretty straightforward, Student visa, followed by 485 and then Permanent. I haven't travelled once since getting the PR and only once since coming to OZ.Also i am a single applicant

12 hours ago, gui said:

Thanks,

What about having to tell them that circumstances have changed? Would the evidence of citizenship be enough for that?

Hi, and Congrats on your newborn! What I did was to apply for Evidence of Citizenship, once that has been approved you may want to add the baby on your information, there is a section of the actual Citizemship Application where it asks if you have any other children who are not applying for conferral citizenship. You can add this on by using the Change of Circumstances form (which is used to notify the department of pregnancy, birth, change of personal details, etc) Just Google the name of this document and you can find/download it. 

The evidence of Citizenship took us 4 business days to get approved (they will ask for parent's PR). And 7 business days to get the actual Aus Citizenship certificate to get posted. After this, there is no further action required for your newborn. 

All the best!

6 hours ago, Nora said:

Hi, and Congrats on your newborn! What I did was to apply for Evidence of Citizenship, once that has been approved you may want to add the baby on your information, there is a section of the actual Citizemship Application where it asks if you have any other children who are not applying for conferral citizenship. You can add this on by using the Change of Circumstances form (which is used to notify the department of pregnancy, birth, change of personal details, etc) Just Google the name of this document and you can find/download it. 

The evidence of Citizenship took us 4 business days to get approved (they will ask for parent's PR). And 7 business days to get the actual Aus Citizenship certificate to get posted. After this, there is no further action required for your newborn. 

All the best!

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Just one more detail: do you know if there’s a time limit to do the form 1022(change of circumstances) in this case? Birth certificate, evidence of citizenship they all take time...

City of Rockingham are having approximately 80 conferees per ceremony due to Covid restrictions. They have 251 over three ceremonies including Australia Day and 2 in early February. Invites for Australia Day went out on November 25th and they e-mailed me to let me know we weren’t on the list for Feb.  There are 2 dates in March so have fingers crossed for one of those!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chezza81 said:

City of Rockingham are having approximately 80 conferees per ceremony due to Covid restrictions. They have 251 over three ceremonies including Australia Day and 2 in early February. Invites for Australia Day went out on November 25th and they e-mailed me to let me know we weren’t on the list for Feb.  There are 2 dates in March so have fingers crossed for one of those!

Hopefully you can get one of the February one's, fingers crossed.