AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Hi, thought I'd share my timeline to all the Sydney folks on here. 

Applied for Citizenship  Dec 2019 (my myself, my hubby and dependent child)

City: Sydney

Current citizenship    NZ

Invitation                    Nov 14/11/20 (invite via email)

Test Date                    Nov 28/11/20 (Parammatta)

Approval                    Nov 28/11/20 (Received a letter in the mail on 4/12 confirming approval on Nov 28/11 for all of us). 

Ceremony                  Awaiting (Looking at the comments people seem to have ceremonies 2 months after approval). Hoping for Ceremony in January. 

All the best guys. 

4 hours ago, Sina123 said:

Approval                    Nov 28/11/20 (Received a letter in the mail on 4/12 confirming approval on Nov 28/11 for all of us). 

Ceremony                  Awaiting (Looking at the comments people seem to have ceremonies 2 months after approval). Hoping for Ceremony in January. 

All the best guys. 

Kia Ora mate congrats. I am waiting for mine to come through. I applied in March 2020

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sina123 said:

All the best guys. 

Hi Sina123,

What current residential address proof did you take with you?

Edited by tharru

3 minutes ago, Sina123 said:

Just your driver license will suffice showing your address. Else utility bill or bank statement. 

actually, i am in Melbourne right now and my appointment is in Sydney. so I'm confused about what address proof should I bring. appreciate any help with this.

Hi, we have received citizenship test date i.e. 20 Jan 2021. We applied on 29 Aug 2020 from ACT. 

We have been asked to provide the proof of first entry into Australia. However, we have not the passport on which we travelled first time in 2015.

What are its alternate options to show at the time of interview?

5 hours ago, Jacko88 said:

Hi 

I have a question, does the last updated date changes whenever anyone gets invite for test or interview for citizenship application???

Applied 03/20 Darwin. 

Still waiting on test. 

Hi Jacko88 , most of the people we applied from Darwin on March got test n passed already 

19 hours ago, Darwin0832 said:

Hi Jacko88 , most of the people we applied from Darwin on March got test n passed already 

Hi Darwin0832 

can you please tell me when you applied and what was your test date? And did get email? Or phone call or text message?? Thanks heaps 

Hi All, 

Hope everyone is Fantastic after  the Long lockdown, and enjoying the festive season. 

I am back after almost an Year, since I got my PR approved, earlier This Year. 

Now preparing for Citizenship Application. 

Hope I can ask you all few questions here. 

3 hours ago, Jacko88 said:

Hi Darwin0832 

can you please tell me when you applied and what was your test date? And did get email? Or phone call or text message?? Thanks heaps 

Applied 7th of March got test on December 3..passed but waiting for approval...did u applied in March as well...as knew most of the people done their test already ....we got email 

Edited by Darwin0832

1 hour ago, Darwin0832 said:

Applied 7th of March got test on December 3..passed but waiting for approval...did u applied in March as well...as knew most of the people done their test already ....we got email 

Yes I applied in March 16th 2020, nothing yet just received. Let’s see what happens. 

Thank you 

Applied Citizenship  23/11/2020 (my myself, my wife and dependent child)

City: Wanneroo, WA

Current citizenship    South Africa

Invitation                    08/12/2020

Test Date                    25/01/2021 (may change to earlier date)

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

On 07/12/2020 at 23:42, Bips22 said:

I was going through the Citizenship Application requirements

Do I have to get the Police check done before and submit it along with the application or it is required later and asked by an officer ? 

Thanks

Hi bips22 

I still remembered time when we had hard time during PR time. I think u will submit along with the application. 

Edited by Deep1984

Here are two statistical documents that might be useful to people to refer that shows the number of applications, how many processed and what is in the queue:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201000456-document-released.PDF
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200701402-document-released.PDF

After March 2020 it seems like there has been a massive dropoff in approvals which you'd expect, but this saw a big increase in September 2020.  Unfortunately, this information is mostly irrelevant as the queue is state/office based not national.

I have submitted an FOI request for "FA 20/10/00456" to be broken down at state/office level to provide some transparency and will post in this group if I am provided this information.

On 04/12/2020 at 16:36, Sina123 said:

All the best guys. 

Congrats!

Have you got your ceremony date yet?