AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Thank you so much for you helpful advice! That is exactly what I needed to know! 🇦🇺

I will sure make a start scanning documents and I think I've completed our 10 year travel history so I'm hoping I've made a dint in the process!

Good luck with your application I hope it's quick! 🍀

Cheers!

2 hours ago, jadee said:

Thank you so much for you helpful advice! That is exactly what I needed to know! 🇦🇺

I will sure make a start scanning documents and I think I've completed our 10 year travel history so I'm hoping I've made a dint in the process!

Good luck with your application I hope it's quick! 🍀

Cheers!

Download form 1300t, it is for paper application but will give you rough idea what information you need

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I am in the processing of lodging my citizenship application via immi account. At the stage of attaching documents, I am going through a few issues. I am trying to attach pdf documents but while attaching, the immi account auto converting them into JPG images and saving them as individual image files. For example; I have attached a 2-page pdf file ( passport) and when i click attach it takes me to another page and shows me 2 jpg images, stating that your pdf file is converting into an acceptable format... kindly confirm. On confirmation, it saves it as two individual files with page 1 and page 2 description.

I have used the same file for other visa applications and it all goes well.

Also, i tried attaching the 1195 form, considering that might be there as an issue with my file but when I tried attaching, it gives an error "Unable to attach the PDF file provided. The number of Pages will exceed the attachment limit"

I have also email technical support and waiting for them to respond.

Is anyone else also having such issues or am I doing something wrong? Kindly help.

Thanks

Error Screenshot.png

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

On 27/05/2020 at 16:20, jadee said:

Hi everyone! Thank you for your reply replies! 🇦🇺

We are due to apply in August - does anybody know if we can open up the applications online prior to this date- to start "front loading"  I think they call it? i.e. Make a start on uploading all the relevant documents? Then being in a position to simply press the apply button when eligible in August?

We are trying to make good use of our time in lock down 😀 

Good luck on your applications! 

Take care 🌞

You can just choose to apply for the ministerial discretion which will allow you to proceed with the rest of your application form, but just make sure not to submit it and correct it at the time of your actual application date.

By doing so you can find out the full list of documents you will need to provide with your application, so you can start collecting them prior as it might take a while when government agencies are involved. 

On 29/05/2020 at 17:41, M.muhammad said:

Hi Everyone,

I am in the processing of lodging my citizenship application via immi account. At the stage of attaching documents, I am going through a few issues. I am trying to attach pdf documents but while attaching, the immi account auto converting them into JPG images and saving them as individual image files. For example; I have attached a 2-page pdf file ( passport) and when i click attach it takes me to another page and shows me 2 jpg images, stating that your pdf file is converting into an acceptable format... kindly confirm. On confirmation, it saves it as two individual files with page 1 and page 2 description.

I have used the same file for other visa applications and it all goes well.

Also, i tried attaching the 1195 form, considering that might be there as an issue with my file but when I tried attaching, it gives an error "Unable to attach the PDF file provided. The number of Pages will exceed the attachment limit"

I have also email technical support and waiting for them to respond.

Is anyone else also having such issues or am I doing something wrong? Kindly help.

Thanks

Error Screenshot.png

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

HI, I was having similar issue when uploading passport size photo front and back pages - the immi system does not align the main content of the photo to the centre, I tried to resize the upload photo a few times to rectify the issue. Maybe you wanna resize the files and see if it make things better? Thanks.

On 12/04/2020 at 10:28, Raspuss said:

Hi mate,

Applied 12th December

Invitation for test 24th Feb

Test date 13 th May

Got rescheduled to 23rd March

Passed test 100%

Bcoz I leaved in NZ for 2 years, they asked me to fill a form to authorize police check.

I hope this must have taken a week.

Got approved on April 9th mate.

Now wait for ceremony mate.

Mate, Congrats. I see that you are so lucky - things got processed so fast in your case - invitation for test in 3 months! Which city did you lodge your application?

On 27/05/2020 at 22:02, ramot said:

Citizenship applied for today.

Will be interesting to compare time lines, as we don’t have to take the test.

pearplumpie did you have to still have an interview? 

My application was recently approved. I am over 60 and didn't need test or interview before approval, just got the letter a few days after I noticed the status had changed. I wonder if the interview is more to confirm the identity of someone about to take the test to avoid fraud during the testing process than actually checking the documents.

I don't know how things will change in the current circumstances but I suspect that over 60 applications tend to end up at the back of the queue. With no movement and seeing others who had applied after me getting tests and approvals in Sydney I submitted a FOI request as my application came up to its first birthday. The information returned suggested that a couple of months after I applied someone confirmed that my application was exempt from interview/test and then nothing for 9 months.

My Immi account was updated to show approved a week after I received the FOI return. Coincidence or did that wake the application up?

Now just waiting for some form of ceremony to complete the process.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2020 at 10:28, Raspuss said:

Hi mate,

Applied 12th December

Invitation for test 24th Feb

Test date 13 th May

Got rescheduled to 23rd March

Passed test 100%

Bcoz I leaved in NZ for 2 years, they asked me to fill a form to authorize police check.

I hope this must have taken a week.

Got approved on April 9th mate.

Now wait for ceremony mate.

Wow that's obscenely fast. I applied 4 December and no invitation as of yet. Might be in for long wait.

Hi All,

I am in the process of filling in my citizenship application but am finding the Identity section a little confusing. After entering details of the Identity document in the form, when I go to the attachments section, the document type is mentioned by default and I am unable to attach a different document to this section from that mentioned as default (for eg: I mentioned Driving licence as a identity document in the form, this appears as a default document type at attachments and thus I cannot attach another document to further support my identity). Is it the same for everyone else? Pls advise. Thanks

1 hour ago, Aussiedream20 said:

Hi All,

I am in the process of filling in my citizenship application but am finding the Identity section a little confusing. After entering details of the Identity document in the form, when I go to the attachments section, the document type is mentioned by default and I am unable to attach a different document to this section from that mentioned as default (for eg: I mentioned Driving licence as a identity document in the form, this appears as a default document type at attachments and thus I cannot attach another document to further support my identity). Is it the same for everyone else? Pls advise. Thanks

Yep, you are right, I think you are only allowed to upload one form of identity document which in your situation should be your drivers license. Please do not forget to upload both sides of the license. Good luck.

19 hours ago, lastdrop said:

Hi All,

I'm also in the process of doing the citizenship application online. We've already received the NSW Police Certificates, do I need to have it signed  (certified true copy) by a JP?

Thanks

Hey mate, you don't need Australian police check for citizenship. Department does the check on your behalf directly and you need overseas police certificates if following applies to you

If you have spent a total of 12 months or more outside Australia since we granted you a permanent visa, you need to give us overseas police certificates from every country, including your home country, where you have spent a total of more than 90 days since you turned 18.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 11:02, garrychandi said:

Download form 1300t, it is for paper application but will give you rough idea what information you need

Hey thank you for your help, I have done that and hopefully cracking on with everything.

I heard a rumor  that paper applications are often processed quicker, does any body know if there's any truth in that?

Cheers! 

On 18/06/2020 at 17:12, garrychandi said:

Hey mate, you don't need Australian police check for citizenship. Department does the check on your behalf directly and you need overseas police certificates if following applies to you

If you have spent a total of 12 months or more outside Australia since we granted you a permanent visa, you need to give us overseas police certificates from every country, including your home country, where you have spent a total of more than 90 days since you turned 18.

Cool! Thanks for the clarification mate, appreciate it

On 06/06/2020 at 10:29, 04April2017DE said:

Has anyone been asked to provide the same thing as required document? Under the 1195 Identity declaration section, both my child and I were asked to provide Passport Photo only but not the actual form? Thanks.

image.thumb.png.7b3b1701c7bb04cd5e9f20ab664bc37b.png 

I think the actual form goes to the "Form 1195 declaration" under the "Recommended" section. That's what I did in my application

Applied Citizenship  04/12/2019 (myself and dependent child)

Current citizenship    Pakistan

Invitation                    Awaiting

Test Date                    Awaiting

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

Applied Citizenship  11/02/2020 x 3 (myself and dependent children, husband, daughter 16 yrs old at time of application )

Current citizenship    British

Approval                    Awaiting     (daughter approved 27/04/20)

Ceremony                  Awaiting    (daughters ceremony scheduled for 05/08/20)

Edited by Jlucy

10 minutes ago, Jlucy said:

Applied Citizenship  11/02/2020 x 3 (myself and dependent children, husband, daughter 16 yrs old at time of application )

Current citizenship    British

Approval                    Awaiting     (daughter approved 27/04/20)

Ceremony                  Awaiting    (daughters ceremony scheduled for 05/08/20)

Hi Jlucy - can I ask, did you say on your applications that you wanted to have your citizenship ceremonies together?  I did, my 17 year old son approved and we want him to have his ceremony asap so that he is a citizen for university. Can you also tell me whereabouts in Australia you are? We are Melbourne and no idea if they are any faster! great if you can let me know. Thanks

Edited by pearplumpie

37 minutes ago, pearplumpie said:

Hi Jlucy - can I ask, did you say on your applications that you wanted to have your citizenship ceremonies together?  I did, my 17 year old son approved and we want him to have his ceremony asap so that he is a citizen for university. Can you also tell me whereabouts in Australia you are? We are Melbourne and no idea if they are any faster! great if you can let me know. Thanks

Hi pearplumpie, actually we had requested to have our ceremonies together. I didn't know when we applied that she could get approved so quickly without an interview or test. As she is going to uni next year we want her to be eligible for a student loan. I rang them up to explain this and they un-linked her application from mine and my husbands. We are in Perth, Western Australia

1 minute ago, Jlucy said:

Hi pearplumpie, actually we had requested to have our ceremonies together. I didn't know when we applied that she could get approved so quickly without an interview or test. As she is going to uni next year we want her to be eligible for a student loan. I rang them up to explain this and they un-linked her application from mine and my husbands. We are in Perth, Western Australia

I was the same not realising my son wouldn't need an interview or test - we applied in mid-April and he was approved in 30 days. Like you we want him to have access to the student loans before he goes to uni next year. Do you know what number you called? Thanks

1 minute ago, pearplumpie said:

I was the same not realising my son wouldn't need an interview or test - we applied in mid-April and he was approved in 30 days. Like you we want him to have access to the student loans before he goes to uni next year. Do you know what number you called? Thanks

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for us to be approved as we don’t have to take the test due to age. We applied late May.