AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

35 minutes ago, fary said:

Hi All from adelaide SA,

anyone here who applied for citizenship after July 2020 and have received test invite?

Many Thanks 

Hi there,

I applied for my citizenship in mid-July this year and received the test invitation on the 27th of Oct. I rescheduled my test date and did my test on the 4th of Nov which was last Wednesday (Passed). Still waiting to get an approval.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 02/04/2020 at 10:36, Hesh said:

Hi, I applied my citizen application online today. I attached one documents at once. For a example for identity docs, attached passport and evidence of address, attached driving licence but driving licence is also an identity docs. Have you all.done the same way???

Well, yes the entire process goes the same; however, sometimes it might changes, depending upon the demand of the situation. So, don’t worry! Be positive and trust the timing of the process! 

14 hours ago, harry1983 said:

Hi Everyone,

My Test was on last week Wednesday 04/11/2020 (passed).

Just wondering what is the average approved time?

Thanks

Keep checking your online immi account. It can go from few minutes to few years based on the application.

17 hours ago, Sam31 said:

Hi there

I was approved on 29/10/20 (WA), when do we receive approval letter (WA), does it take too long ?

thanks

It can take from a week to 2 weeks. Either way, approval letter is just a formality and is of not much use

22 hours ago, Coreanoob said:

Hi there,

I applied for my citizenship in mid-July this year and received the test invitation on the 27th of Oct. I rescheduled my test date and did my test on the 4th of Nov which was last Wednesday (Passed). Still waiting to get an approval.

Cheers

Thank you so much 

Hi All,

I wish all of you the best of luck with your Citizenship applications.

Just thought I'd share my timeline.

Citizenship Application: 25/07/2020

Test Invitation: 04/11/2020

Test Date: 09/11/2020

Approval: 09/11/2020

Ceremony: TBC

Council: City of Adelaide, SA

Applicant: Single, no dependants

I had a brief chat with the Home Affairs official as well. He said that in Adelaide they have test appointments available on a Saturday on a short term basis due to the coronavirus backlog. If i knew I could've saved an annual leave day lol. I'm not sure if this is the case in other states as well. The Adelaide office is also helping with the processing of Victorian applications at the moment.

• Congratulations 2

On 04/11/2020 at 16:13, ramot said:

We had our citizenship ceremony today, and are  finally Australians after nearly 18 years here!!!

The ceremony was on the Sunshine Coast and low key in comparison to our children’s ceremonies which were pre covid, but not as bad as I was expecting. We were welcomed as new citizens, and I felt quite emotional to finally become Australian.

We went out to lunch afterwards, and another couple from the ceremony were also there. So we took each other’s photos against the perfect background of the river and sea. We were very touched when a fair few other diners congratulated us and welcomed us as new Australians.such a lovely gesture.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, Hope it won’t be too long.

X a brand new Australian !!

Congratulations mate.

I´m also on the Sunny Coast however haven´t been invited for the ceremony yet - my wife and I passed the test on the 26/10/2020 but our status remain as"Further Assessment". I have no idea how long it may take for them to approve our application.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes? I can see here and in other forums that most cases are approved within a day.

2 hours ago, GUS said:

Congratulations mate.

I´m also on the Sunny Coast however haven´t been invited for the ceremony yet - my wife and I passed the test on the 26/10/2020 but our status remain as"Further Assessment". I have no idea how long it may take for them to approve our application.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes? I can see here and in other forums that most cases are approved within a day.

We applied late May 1 year after gaining PR, but didn’t take the test as we are geriatric!! I think it took 8/10 weeks to get the acceptance letter, then similar time to the ceremony. Good luck

Hi all, I had the citizenship test on 29th Sept and got approved and waiting for the ceremony. During the interview the visa officer mentioned I can take part in a virtual ceremony and I said am happy to do that. Still no news on ceremony, has anyone had similar experience or being invited for a ceremony ? I applied from NSW. 

39 minutes ago, coquette said:

I did the test same day at Sydney, same questions was asked unfortunately have not heard back yet

Hi @coquette - I had my interview/test today (finally!) and was told that all the ceremonies are back to being 'in person' now. Assume that means all of them in NSW and not just my particular council... Maybe they are saving us up for the big Australia Day celebration 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2020 at 22:09, A kaur said:

Hi guys ! 
anyone from Hobart applied for citizenship? I applied just last month. 
thank you 😊

Hi! I' m also thinking of applying from Hobart soon. Just wandering if you got any answer/test date from the department yet?