AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

We had our citizenship ceremony today, and are  finally Australians after nearly 18 years here!!!

The ceremony was on the Sunshine Coast and low key in comparison to our children’s ceremonies which were pre covid, but not as bad as I was expecting. We were welcomed as new citizens, and I felt quite emotional to finally become Australian.

We went out to lunch afterwards, and another couple from the ceremony were also there. So we took each other’s photos against the perfect background of the river and sea. We were very touched when a fair few other diners congratulated us and welcomed us as new Australians.such a lovely gesture.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, Hope it won’t be too long.

X a brand new Australian !!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

Guys

any one knows about the citizenships test and approval time , Me and my wife had test together at nov 2 At Sydney city , my wife application was approved  4 hours after the test but my one is still received . Guys Anyone knows why this happened. Thank you 

2 minutes ago, Dips123 said:

Guys

any one knows about the citizenships test and approval time , Me and my wife had test together at nov 2 At Sydney city , my wife application was approved  4 hours after the test but my one is still received . Guys Anyone knows why this happened. Thank you 

Do not worry.. we were at the same office in Sydney..three of ua on same day done the test..my son got approved an hour later..i got approved a week later..my husband got approved 2 weeks later 🙂 no explanation lol

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but here are the current details of my citizenship application process!

Citizenship App: 17 July 2020
Test Invitation: 26 October 20
Original Test Date: 4 December

Re-scheduled Date: 4 November
Approval:
Ceremony: TBA
Council: Adelaide (SA) / City of Campbelltown Council

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 1

21 hours ago, Dips123 said:

Guys

same for us, we tested on same day in brisbane  and all straight forward application altho i have 2 kids attached to mine ..... yet  husband approved and got letter of approval within post within few days  and i have nothing still at 4 weeks ...... no idea why some get approved pretty much instantly and others linger on ......... would love to know why ? slow case officer?  ......wonder whats longest someone waited for approval ???? you think it would all be prompt and straight forward 😂

Edited by shiveringpom

8 minutes ago, shiveringpom said:

same for us, we tested on same day in brisbane  and all straight forward application altho i have 2 kids attached to mine ..... yet  husband approved and got letter of approval within post within few days  and i have nothing still at 4 weeks ...... no idea why some get approved pretty much instantly and others linger on ......... would love to know why ? slow case officer?  ......wonder whats longest someone waited for approval ???? you think it would all be prompt and straight forward 😂

Just to make you feel better, we didn’t have to take the test as too ancient, both applications for citizenship sent together, Sunshine Coast. my approval letter almost instant, my husband’s took over two weeks longer, no logic.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Coreanoob said:

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but here are the current details of my citizenship application process!

Citizenship App: 17 July 2020
Test Invitation: 26 October 20
Original Test Date: 4 December

Re-scheduled Date: 4 November
Approval:
Council: Adelaide (SA) / City of Campbelltown Council

Congrats. I've found that SA, WA is really fast, many of them got test appointment just within 2-3 months. So sad to be in VIC, they even haven't resumed the test in VIC regional. I hope they can reopen soon, a huge backlog here 😞

39 minutes ago, JK_69 said:

Congrats. I've found that SA, WA is really fast, many of them got test appointment just within 2-3 months. So sad to be in VIC, they even haven't resumed the test in VIC regional. I hope they can reopen soon, a huge backlog here 😞

We had our ceremony on the Sunshine Coast on Wednesday, they had the first day of ceremonies for six months in October, .Three ceremonies in one day and about 700 new Australians. Another three ceremonies on Wednesday, but only about 150 total,, so catching up here. It’s low key due to covid, everyone spaced well apart, obviously no hand shakes or presentation of certificates, you collected them on your way out, it was ok, but felt a bit soulless in comparison to our children’s ceremonies pre covid, but the whole point is, I’ve said the pledge and am now a Citizen.

2 hours ago, JK_69 said:

Thank you. Yeah I went through all the posts in this forum and I could easily notice that SA and WA are the fastest states to get test appointments. The officer I met in the DHA Adelaide advised me that it will take around 3 days to a week to get an approval as they are still waiting for my police clearance records (Passed the test with 100%). So I am just waiting to get approved and will write a letter to the ceremony department to attend or do a virtual ceremony and receive the certificate ASAP as I am devastatingly hoping to get home builder grant! Fingers crossed

5 minutes ago, Coreanoob said:

Thank you. Yeah I went through all the posts in this forum and I could easily notice that SA and WA are the fastest states to get test appointments. The officer I met in the DHA Adelaide advised me that it will take around 3 days to a week to get an approval as they are still waiting for my police clearance records (Passed the test with 100%). So I am just waiting to get approved and will write a letter to the ceremony department to attend or do a virtual ceremony and receive the certificate ASAP as I am devastatingly hoping to get home builder grant! Fingers crossed

I am on the same boat with you , waiting for ceremony to apply for the home builder grant as it is our only chance to get our first home 😞

Hi Guys,

I did test yesterday in Darwin and my Immi changed straight to "approved". Hope wont have to wait for ceremony another year.

Almost over 🙂 

Citizenship App: 8 November 2019
Test Invitation: initial 20 March 20, on 26 March rescheduled on 6 August and then cancelled at the end of July-all due to Covid19. Another invitation 16 October 2020
Test Date: 5 November
Approval: 5 November
Council: Darwin (NT)

Edited by dodziu

Our citizenship journey finally came to a sweet end. Just finished my online virtual ceremony (with my son). So, happy to get the opportunity to attend the virtual ceremony and become the citizens. It was a long journey. I wish the best for all of you. Just hang in there and you'll reach the destination.

• Congratulations 5

1 hour ago, Kris9 said:

Our citizenship journey finally came to a sweet end. Just finished my online virtual ceremony (with my son). So, happy to get the opportunity to attend the virtual ceremony and become the citizens. It was a long journey. I wish the best for all of you. Just hang in there and you'll reach the destination.

Congratulations @Kris9 🎉🎊

• Congratulations 1

On 05/11/2020 at 17:10, Chennaiguy said:

Anyone from Brisbane City Council applied after June/July 2020 received test invite? I saw a post in this thread someone received invite for May application - that was a month back.. Haven't seen any updates after that yet? 

We received our test date next month 14th... we applied in July

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1