AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

2 hours ago, Therealforbes said:

Does anybody heard what application month they are processing now in Parramatta, NSW? Applied last January 27, 2020 haven't heard anything yet. It's just so depressing that other DOHA states are processing newer applications.

August/Sep '19 applications.

21 minutes ago, Linh Hoang said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering after passing the test, do we get an early certificate or something to confirm about the citizenship? Or have to wait until the ceremony to become Australian?
Thanks 

You only receive a certificate once you become a citizen (at the ceremony)

54 minutes ago, Linh Hoang said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering after passing the test, do we get an early certificate or something to confirm about the citizenship? Or have to wait until the ceremony to become Australian?
Thanks 

Hi Linh

Check your immi account and see whether you got approved and then you will receive an approval letter to your mailbox within a week or so from approval. You will only become citizen once you attend a ceremony.

May you also please share your timeline and state where you applied please?

20 minutes ago, FES said:

Hi Linh

Check your immi account and see whether you got approved and then you will receive an approval letter to your mailbox within a week or so from approval. You will only become citizen once you attend a ceremony.

May you also please share your timeline and state where you applied please?

Thanks so much for your response.  
I even haven’t applied for the application yet. It takes 2 more months to meet the requirements. Im asking because i am under 187 regional sponsorship, the longer processing time for invitation, test, ceremony, the longer I have to stick with the employer. I got miscarriage while working few months ago And now couldn’t take risk to carry when I have to work. 
Hope you all the best. 

Edited by Linh Hoang

9 minutes ago, Linh Hoang said:

Thanks so much for your response.  
I even haven’t applied for the application yet. It takes 2 more months to meet the requirements. Im asking because i am under 187 regional sponsorship, the longer processing time for invitation, test, ceremony, the longer I have to stick with the employer. I got miscarriage while working few months ago And now couldn’t take risk to carry when I have to work. 
Hope you all the best. 

So sorry to hear that! Wish you all the best Linh 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kris9 said:

It took me around 13 days. Anyway its not that useful piece of paper once you know its approved

Yeah waiting anxiously because our council has a ceremony at the end of this month so we are hoping to attend that one.

5 minutes ago, tt2 said:

Yeah waiting anxiously because our council has a ceremony at the end of this month so we are hoping to attend that one.

I believe the invitations are handled by the department depending on the waiting list.. 2-4 weeks prior to ceremony date you should receive an invitation from DOHA to attend at your own council

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, coquette said:

I believe the invitations are handled by the department depending on the waiting list.. 2-4 weeks prior to ceremony date you should receive an invitation from DOHA to attend at your own council

Thank you, very helpful information wasn't sure what was the next step so thought the letter would explain it all. Thank you @coquette

4 minutes ago, tt2 said:

Thank you, very helpful information wasn't sure what was the next step so thought the letter would explain it all. Thank you @coquette

Am waiting anxiously like you.. we were hoping to become citizens before December so we can apply for the home grant lol . However I believe it is little too early as the waiting time is approx 6 months from date of approval. The letter is really generic says you are approved but not a citizen yet until you pledge in the ceremony which may take up to 6 months : good luck for all of us 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coquette said:

Am waiting anxiously like you.. we were hoping to become citizens before December so we can apply for the home grant lol . However I believe it is little too early as the waiting time is approx 6 months from date of approval. The letter is really generic says you are approved but not a citizen yet until you pledge in the ceremony which may take up to 6 months : good luck for all of us 🙂

Fingers crossed to both of us. Hopefully the federal government extends the grants like how the WA government did yesterday.