AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 13/07/2022 at 14:50, Worried Mummy said:

Hubby's application was submitted on Oct 31 2021 and approved on April 22nd from ACT. Still hasn't received ceremony invitation yet. Does anyone know what is the waiting time for ACT from approved to ceremony?

Just an update, at the end of July he received ceremony invitation on Aug 9th. ACT has monthly ceremony, and finally he would attend the one organized in Aug.

It would seem in VIC they're catching up with regard to processing applications and interviews but now we're experiencing delays with waiting for Ceremony invites. 

• Applied  21 Feb 2021
  • Interview 13 May 2022
  • Approval 09 June 2022
  • Ceremony TBC
    • (Stonnington Council dates for 2022 which I am hoping for an invite too)
      • Tuesday 20 September 2022
      • Wednesday 12 October 2022
      • Wednesday 16 November 2022

On 27/06/2022 at 11:20, Athens07 said:

Seems Adelaide office  doing their best to delay us. Finger crossed 🤞. I hope we’ll hear more about this soon.

Hi would you mind sharing if you have any updates at all? For me it's complete silence ... 9 months already 😞

Update for NSW

Bayside council (NSW)

Applied: 16/07/2021

Interview and test letter: 21/01/2022 for (10/03/2022)

Rescheduled Test: 27/01/2022

Approval letter: 27/01/2022 

Ceremony invitation letter: 25/05/2022

Ceremony Date: 26/07/2022

Approval of conferral letter: 27/07/2022 (Finalised)

Applied for passport: 29/07/2022 (ETA 6-8 Weeks not in a hurry)

Finally, all done. Good luck to everyone. 

57 minutes ago, MLB_Applicant said:

Has anyone got a citizenship ceremony invite from Wyndham City Council for 17th (or )18th September?

Council dosent have the list yet.. but i think u r approved in Mar.. u will definately get it for 17th Sep. People like us approved in May r left wondering if we will make it or not in September. 

Hi

I applied for citizenship from VIC sep 20th 2021. I noticed many applicants from those dates are receiving invitations these days.I have been overseas the last 3 months and I will be back to Australia in 20 days. I have also notified the department on my immiaccount the exact date of my return. My question is, can applicants receive invitations for interviews while they are overseas? Is there a chance I will receive the invititation now that I have informed my return date or do they wait for me to return? Once I return will I most likely receive an invitation quickly as most other applicants from sep 2021 have already been invited or was my application on hold during the time I was overseas and I need to wait longer?

I would appreciate your help and input :)

3 hours ago, Iman said:

Hi

I applied for citizenship from VIC sep 20th 2021. I noticed many applicants from those dates are receiving invitations these days.I have been overseas the last 3 months and I will be back to Australia in 20 days. I have also notified the department on my immiaccount the exact date of my return. My question is, can applicants receive invitations for interviews while they are overseas? Is there a chance I will receive the invititation now that I have informed my return date or do they wait for me to return? Once I return will I most likely receive an invitation quickly as most other applicants from sep 2021 have already been invited or was my application on hold during the time I was overseas and I need to wait longer?

I would appreciate your help and input 🙂

Dont worry u will be invited once u back.. u wont get an invitation while overseas. Dont stress.. enjoy ur holidays.. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iman said:

@Kuwind thanks for the reply. Will I go further back in the queue for the time spent overseas or will I still be considered an applicant who has applied in Sep 2021 once Im back?

No..they come to know once u r back..n hopefully u will receive invitation soon after coming back.. u r still an applicant from sep 2021

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, username303 said:

My partner and i passed our citizenship test today. She received a confirmation of pass email about an hour after the test, however I have not yet. Does anybody know how long it might take to receive this email? Thanks.

It was as similar with us as well, & my husband received almost after 20 days from his test date. So don’t worry it will arrive soon 

good luck 

On 02/08/2022 at 11:19, Bradley1986 said:

Stonnington have listed two more for this year -

• Tuesday 20 September 2022
  • Wednesday 12 October 2022
  • Wednesday 16 November 2022

I am hoping I can get into one this year to keep me within the 2 year wait period.

As at 27 May 2022, it appears that 329 people (https://www.pomsinoz.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=29877) were waiting for ceremony at Stonnington. 

In July 2022 there was a ceremony with probably 100 people or more.

So  the remaining 229 people remaining should potentially be invited at the September or October ceremony.

• Like 1

Finally received the ceremony invitation today. Out of all the stages, the approval was nerve-testing as it took 21 days after the test and waiting for the ceremony was the real wait-game. After the approval it was becoming quite painful and frustrating as no one from the department or the council helped. 

From application to ceremony, exactly 18 months. 

All the best to all those who are waiting. Sit tight, do not lose hope, your day is not too far.

And this marks the END OF VIC-WAIT-GAME... I am going home

• Congratulations 2

Both myself and my wife applications got approved on 28th March 2022 . Today, I received a ceremony invitation for 17th Sept 2022(Wyndham City Council), but my wife hasn't received ceremony invitation yet. Both the applications are linked at the time of test/interview. Does anyone faced this situation. Suggestions are welcome.

• Congratulations 2

13 hours ago, MLB_Applicant said:

Both myself and my wife applications got approved on 28th March 2022 . Today, I received a ceremony invitation for 17th Sept 2022(Wyndham City Council), but my wife hasn't received ceremony invitation yet. Both the applications are linked at the time of test/interview. Does anyone faced this situation. Suggestions are welcome.

Could just be the post. Give it a few days then ring the council. 

13 hours ago, MLB_Applicant said:

If you are the primary applicant and you have your email then you will receive one invite which covers everyone , your invite should say something to indicate that this invite is extended to your family as well , I have not receive any invite but I am saying this because this is what happen to one of my friend